Close

Thread: Noahs ark ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Noahs ark ?

http://hem.fyristorg.com/ararat/

what do you think ?
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

more here mate, http://www.anchorstone.com/number8.html

pretty weird... i'm having a read now....
    Go shagging in Prague or live it large in Vegas !!

Thanks
    Karma Level

i thought it was all a big joke and noah was just a rent aboat guy who talked the usual patter, yeah u better buy this big boat as, well, theres gonna be a **** off flood, and if u and mrs gulable carnt swim well then your in for it
    well i dunno said the customer, oh come on, me mate baby J is writing a book called the bible i'll get u stuck in c'mon the chicks will love it
    theres my version of what i thought before these sites lol now am beging to wonder, wonder if he ever did buy that boat :

Thanks
    Karma Level

shit i've been reading all that stuff on that site - looks pretty impressive..

it's definitely a boat they found so it makes you wonder if it's the ark or not...

don't know why they didn't get anything carbon dated (or whatever the word is).

would be interesting to read another site with a different point of view - just been checking out http://www.arkdiscovery.com which has loads of pictures & video..
    Last edited by Aido; 6th October 2002 at 10:57 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

all interesting stuff !! read most of it already read the rest later, i hope it is the ark, would love to hear what other religions say about it

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol ive just been in the noahs arc pub tonight

Thanks
    Karma Level

@dingle, was there eliphent shite up the walls and that ? or did noah keep it quite clean for u local people

Thanks
    Karma Level

amazing ! Ive spent a couple of hours reading but Im still not finished. Its 0230 in the morning here so ill have to knock it on the head for tonight but Ill sure be reading the rest later.

@ Gavin as the main religions all believe in the same god and are based on the old testament then this can only be a good thing in drawing the religions closer together.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

ABCMan

just about all religons (BUT ONE ) have some mention of a great flood and there is a certain degree of evidence to support this, the ark would be nice though, would lend more truth to the christian bible (and sadly destroy another myth for the followers of a certain false prophet)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by ABCMan
    just about all religons (BUT ONE ) have some mention of a great flood and there is a certain degree of evidence to support this, the ark would be nice though, would lend more truth to the christian bible (and sadly destroy another myth for the followers of a certain false prophet)
    dude, which religion do u refer to that doesnt believe in the ark?

Thanks
    Karma Level

F**k me I don't know what you are all on, most of the storys in the bible are based on some truth, there probably was a great flood in the middle east, just like their are gr8 floods on the Indian Sub-continent virtually every year. But there's no way he took 2 animals of every species to save them, it's a crock of shit, just ordinary stories embelished to make them sound good enuff for a story book like the bible. There was probably a Noah and an Ark, but he was probably just some local hero who saved a few sheep.
    Last edited by CzarJunkie; 7th October 2002 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

If he'd have been from Derby he'd 'ave shagged 'em all!

Czarjunkie - I don't really know what to think about the animals and all that other stuff in the bible - doesn't mention much about that in the bit I read but the bit about the boat seems about right...

It would be nice to know exactly what was right and what was mythical but that ain't ever gonna happen while I'm alive!

Shit you never know they might raise the titanic in 2,000 years and think that it's the Ark!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by ABCMan
    go on ABC man which religion?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bet you fifty quid it's not Jedi

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Undertaker
    go on ABC man which religion?
    Bet you fifty quid it's not Jedi
    LOL islam?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Watch my lips

All major religions are based on the old testament yes that includes Islam and Christianity and ofcourse Jewdism.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The dying process

What is religion? Have you ever wondered why or where religion started? Do you take it for granted that it has always existed? Is it something that we should have in all our lives? Is it helping or hindering man?

What is the Bible? To try and even understand what the Bible is, first understand a little human psychology.
    Man seem's to need something to believe in. As quoted;

" Freud saw religion as an obsessional neuroses, not being able to face reality, and looking at his own mortality - man finds it too frightening, so he creates a God. This, according to the Dictionary of Psychology by Arthur.S.Reber, is "part of our native endowment" as homo sapiens, and is known as the religious instinct - the innate need to believe in something, whatever it is. "

This religious instinct is embedded within us all, but what exactly is it? It is a knowing that we are meant for better things and higher awareness. We know that we are missing something. We all have it, we all feel it - if you choose to ignore it is up to you though. This was installed in us in a very remote period of our history...far beyond time

The Bible actually serves a function, rather than a record of history and religious activities. It was devised and created to num man's unique abilities and life-style. It introduced us to the feeling of fear. It gave us an icon to be fearful off, it created a God - a supposed being so powerful, that even we humans, grew to fear it. It didn't need to be seen, or heard. The myths and metaphoric stories told within it's religious text told you that only certain, special people ever converse with this being. Thus, the creation of a hierarchy and class system... more tool's to aid the division of man.

Man as Gods We once had very special abilities that aided our survival on different planets. We could bend light, control and shape atoms, communicate through the expanses of space and even travel any distance without much difficulty. We had most use of all known, and unknown senses - we were truly powerful. Power though, wasn't an issue or a distraction. Some may say, that we were gods. We weren't, it was just how we lived and survived. We were one of many different races that existed in unison and harmony. We all shared this universe and visited many others. Our physical forms were only slightly different from this, but we could adjust it to the many different environments that we experienced - very much like animals adjust to Earth's atmosphere and conditions.

"The Dying process" that is what religion is doing to us. Man used to be a powerful, all-knowing entity...but this "gift" was taken away. We used to live happy and had full control of our own brain power (well, about 80% of it rather than the average 12-17% to today's standard). This may shock you, but Earth isn't our planet. We aren't natural to Earth. That is why we are so preoccupied battling against her, as she is against us. This is The Animal Kingdom, and we are lucky to share it. The only problem is, Earth is so unstable. Constantly moving and recreating itself. Animals adjust very well, humans do not. We have survived, with help, but we still fear the very planet that is our host, host being the right terminology, for parasites we are.

:rolls:

Thanks
    Karma Level

WTF

That first paragraph sounded like the last Jovo's who came knocking on the door!!

What's that bit about 'Man as Gods'?????????