Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by colinjohn1
    @ CzarJunkie Is that why they changed the name From
    THE NATIONAL lottery to LOTTO. When it was call the national lottery i was under the impression that any contributions from the "lotto" was coming to this country. This money that WE the English raise should stay in this COUNTRY.
    And yes we put money on to one day (hopefully) win a fortune, but I always presumed any charitable contributions went to GOOD british causes.
    AND I don't think you have read the origanal post properly or if you have you are against the english.
    just my opinion
    LOVE Colin

sent to the sun
    Don't talk bollox colin.............. As I said before, if you don't like it, don't play. Simple.

A question to all you patriotic lottery players, what percentage of the £1 goes to charities and what percentage of that percentage is given to non-british charities?

ABCMan

Firstly i haven played the lottery since they paid a $hitload of money to some already rich tory, so i hope that clears that up

Secondly, by asian i assume you mean those who are british but see themselves as foreginers, if they are british then they deserve a share EXACTLY the same as everyone else who was british, but if the nature of their beliefs states that gambling is wrong then why should they recieve benefits from the profits of gambling

Just for the record british people come in all sorts of colours and differing sexual preferences and they are the ones who should recieve the lottery money. those who shouldnt recive it are those who for their own beliefs dont buy tickets, those who arent british (or naturalised british), those who shouldnt be here and those who are taking british money and using it to suppliment the already oversized foregin aid budget.

And no, the lottery money should not be used to help the nhs or any other public institution, its the governments job to provide the funds for those bodies, but thats a whole different arguement.

Thanks
    Karma Level

slightly OT maybe but to the same point,

Should we be funding UN troops to help in Kosovo and Iraq, Afghan etc?

There not our country so why should we bother eh!

Thanks
    Karma Level

i think a Monday Morning Motivation line to help lazy b@startds like me to get out of bed is a far more worthy cause than a poofters helpline

Thanks
    Karma Level

just noticed the Scottish pr0stitute Education Project £81k

i'm just wondering if that means that £81k is spent to train innocent scottish lass's to be professional working ladies

lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Mercedes1, where did you get your info from, can you post a link??

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by CzarJunkie
    Christ, some of you people are so narrow-minded and show absolutley no compassion. I wouldn't mind if you enetered the lottery on account of all the good causes it contributes to, but no, you enter it in that vain hope of becoming rich. How the f**k can you moan about where the money goes when that isn't your motivation for handing over your £1.

And if the charities the lottery contributes to upset you so much then you know what to do, don't buy a ticket, but I suspect you'll probably still carry on playing because deep down you really only bothered about winning some money.
    Hello? is this the same CzarJunkie who voiced his concern about the influx of asylum seekers (As i did) not so long ago?
    or are you referring to one (Or more) of the other "Good cause's"
    that has been listed? let the money go to those who have the GREATEST need, and those who have NO CONTROL over their circumstances, I.E. the Rainbow trust, this is a hospice for sick children, they have applied on more than one ocassion for lottery funding....guess what the outcome was.

If anyone was to tell me that asylum seekers, homosexuals, pr0stitutes,Irish tinkers, and the rest have more of a moral right to funding than these poor, sick children then i would be astonished. (BTW, i'm NOT having a go at you, i'm just surprised at what you have said )

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by CON-DIGI

Hello? is this the same CzarJunkie who voiced his concern about the influx of asylum seekers (As i did) not so long ago?
    or are you referring to one (Or more) of the other "Good cause's"
    that has been listed? let the money go to those who have the GREATEST need, and those who have NO CONTROL over their circumstances, I.E. the Rainbow trust, this is a hospice for sick children, they have applied on more than one ocassion for lottery funding....guess what the outcome was.

If anyone was to tell me that asylum seekers, homosexuals, pr0stitutes,Irish tinkers, and the rest have more of a moral right to funding than these poor, sick children then i would be astonished. (BTW, i'm NOT having a go at you, i'm just surprised at what you have said )
    I totally agree with you m8, some of the charities that the lottery funding is going to is a bit weird to say the least. But then some people would argue that human welfare charities deserve far more than whats being plowed into the arts, such as Opera and Ballet. Don't get me wrong I am all for the arts, but they are at best a domain for the priveledged and better off in society who can be funded from private donations and higher ticket prices.

It's ok, for the right wing to complain about certain charities not getting funding while others do, but their arguments are completely selective and do not represent the full picture. While some charities that support and represent people who both you and I consider unworthy, more cash is going to institutions and causes in this country who quite frankly don't deserve it.

I'm all for giving to the most needy and in some cases the most needy happen to be people who have feld oppression in their home country, ok, I am against the human tide of scum that has hit our shores, but they reflect badly on the people who really need our help.

ABCMan

actualy cj i think maybe we are closer than you think i'd much rather groups who needed & DESERVED the mony got it (like those who fought for our freedom) rather than all the money currently being pi$$ed away on politicaly correct crap like all these bogus "asylum seekers", however i do feel that money paid should be spent on exclusively british projects and not overseas.

@slip, i wasnt aware that lottery funding was being used to aid our troops overseas, but unfortunatly our government seems to think it necessary to havo our troops in these moslem countries to make an attempt at freeing the general populace (and neighbouring countries) from the threats to peace posed by these islamic nations.

in fact its strange that in the bali bomb it was placed in an area that is commonly used by non moslems on one of the few areas of indonesia that the moslems dont have the majority in (bali is mainly hindu), the fact that bali accounts for over 1/3 of the total income of indonesia would show how backwards the rest of the country is, and the fact that these terrorist cowards that the government has been too scared to do anything about are quite happy not only to slaughter hundreds of innocent people (again) but also to effectively wipe out the areas tourist trade, ruining many of the hindu's who have done so much to help the economy of their country just goes to prove that moslems dont give a fcuk about their country or anone elses as long as they further the cause of their own brand of cowardice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12