Close

ABCMan

Default Videogames are a rip off?

Please support the "dont buy games week" by visiting here http://www.fairplay-campaign.co.uk/ and signing their online petition.

I realise that not everyone on here actualy pays for their games, but maybe a few more would if the latest titles cost less than £20 instead of £40

Thank you

(this will be cross posted to gaming forums as well as the dog and duck as the idea of giving the ripping off *******s a kick in the wallet is such a good idea )

Thanks
    Karma Level

Glad to see you picked up on the Fair Play campaign too m8!

I had to put that on the ADR News page the other week.... Even when I was in the trade, the prices were sky high to us.

Probably these David Beckham programmers that demand millions from $ony else they'll defect to M$ or something that keeps the high game prices up.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i love the argument that games are the price they are because of piracy if thats the case why are gamecube games 100$ here in australia when the gamecube has no piracy at all !!!! and ps2 games are 80$ and there is huge piracy, i bet if there was none on any of the systems we would see game prices a lot higher than they are

Thanks
    Karma Level

my mate used to work for a very very well known company and has still got contacts to purchase the products at a reduced rate. He purchased a £39.99 PS2 game for £15. Now, the company must STILL be making with a staff discount, so the mark up is incredible....

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've heard arguments for & against the Fair Play Group's campaign, and all were valid to a point.

You can't justify a £7 AAA title like you can't justify a £45 one. £20 - £30 is logicaler as folk are more likely to buy twice as many.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would consider buying games if they where cheaper if a game i download is good i would like to go and buy it to surport the developers, but at 40 pounds a pop they taking the piss!

same goes for dvd's

Thanks
    Karma Level

Say a game cost £40
    Copies x 7 = £35
    8 people have new game @ £5 a pop.
    Profit to developers publishers etc not a lot from 1 game sold.
    Priced realistically 8 games sold, even @ £5 per copy more profit from cheaper games.
    As said before, if piracy makes games more expensive, what's Nintendoes excuse.
    Just my 2$ worth
    "Friendly fire will not be tolerated"

Thanks
    Karma Level

take a look at :
    http://www.playserver2.com/play247.asp?page=front&r=CD

i now this is a recent title, how come if i bought it from woolworths or our price in my local market town it might cost me say between 10 and 12 quid. but on the net you can get it for £7.99 Delivered. wheres the logic in that. and it doesnt even come from this country..

i dont see why i should pay someone 5 quid for a copy of a double album when you can buy in new for 8 quid. its not worth the hassel

if games where alot cheaper i would buy more..

i will be supporting the games ban

Thanks
    Karma Level

I remember the days when I payed £25 to £30 for each and every master system game I bought!!! It still hurts when I think about it!! Def. support this aid!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thonk the dont buy a game week is a really good idea too, I have got hundreds of ps2 games and the only one i bought from a shop was MGS2, and that was coz it was off my girlfriend for easter and she didnt know where to get them 'cheaper'. But i think if the firms lowered the price of the games i would def start buying originals. To think you can buy the machine to play the games on for a fraction more than you would pay for a single games i fell is absolutley rediculous, so that said everybody should support the dont buy a game week!!!!!!!! Im off to sign the petition.......LOL

Thanks
    Karma Level

Precisely PurpleRonnie

I was in gamestation the other week and I was looking a an xbox for £85 quid. I had two new PS2 games in my hand at the time and was thinking what the hell the games industry is like! For the price of two games I can buy a piece of technology that's mean't to be the most powerful in the world. Just doesn't make sense!!! people, please support this aid!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

some of you are on about copies for 5 quid. try a quid a cd. I would only consider buying lots of games original if they were 15-20 quid or less. and if the traders are making profit sellin em that cheap and dvdr at 4-5 quid, then the games companies would still be making a substantial profit- they are just greedy as are the retailers.