Close

John Tormento

Default Gamecube Hacking/Dev/Backup?

Hi there

I´m searching more details about gamecube .. the hardware, the development possibilities and information about the mini dvd format aso.

Greetings & thanx

John

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its being worked on by the top dogs don't worry GC will be modded soon.

Thanks
    Karma Level

www.gamesx.com has tech info about all consoles.

Thanks
    Karma Level

hey i found some info i dont know if anyone has seen anything like this i just wish i knew whats inside of a gamecube NR reader
    i hope this link works
    http://assembler.roarvgm.com/Gamecube_Reader_NR_reader/gamecube_reader_nr_reader.html
    i have plenty more info too i hope this help i want this thing to get hacked

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok kids here is some more useless postings i hope this gives people an idea i gots plenty.

it connects using a usb 2.0 protocal and i found some more info saying that these is a program that will let uoy play gamecube games via the hardrive in your computer. Thats tomorrows lesson
    Summary

DevLink for Nintendo GameCube is a high speed communication tool for game developers. For the first time users can debug (when used with ProDG for Nintendo GameCube) their code on the NR-Reader, the closest development hardware to a retail console. DevLink can also be used by artists and level designers to quickly download artwork or scene data from a PC to the NR-Reader.

Features

DevLink is ideal for in-house tool development, as it supports all the ProDG tools - developers using ProDG can just plug in DevLink and an NR-Reader and develop in just the same way. This is particularly ideal for anyone developing in-house tools as you now have full debug support (yes, complete with all our usual debugging features, code profiler etc.) of your tool code running on the NR-Reader.

DevLink can also be used in the following ways:

You can use DevLink to fault-find problematic builds of games which, while working OK on Nintendo GameCube development hardware, refuse to work on a NR-Reader. Just download the main ELF via DevLink and use ProDG for Nintendo GameCube to debug it, just like on a GDev/DDH.
    An ELF file can be downloaded via the monitor program to the NR-Reader.
    Use the freely available SDK to write your own tools or plugins, allowing connectivity between an NR-Reader and virtually any application you require.
    QA and Test teams can use DevLink to provide improved feedback about problems with your code. Use the SDK to provide QA teams with new tools and software to make the cycle as fast as possible. Find those impossible to find bugs: no more worries when your code runs fine on development hardware but crashes on an NR-Reader. Just fire up the ProDG debugger and start debugging your code on the NR-Reader using DevLink.
    DevLink for Nintendo GameCube is of great benefit to artists, game designers and level builders. Using devlink, artwork or 2D/3D scene data files can be downloaded from the host PC quickly and easily to the game running on an NR-Reader. No need to burn new CDs or to tie up Nintendo GameCube development hardware. DevLink can maintain streaming of video from the PC's hard disk.
    You can download the DevLink for Nintendo GameCube Product Sheet, which contains the above information and more, by clicking here.

DevLink for Nintendo GameCube consists of:

Host and target software
    NR-Reader Adapter
    USB2 PCI card
    DevLink has also been tested and is compatible with the Adaptec® USB2connect™ PCMCIA adapter, model number AUA-1420.

The target software consists of a file system driver and monitor program that run on the Nintendo GameCube, to allow communication with a host PC running ProDG Target Manager for Nintendo GameCube via the custom USB2 hardware on the NR-Reader.

Key features:

Full debugging support*
    Profiling support*
    Fast USB2 connection to NR-Reader
    Download and run facility
    Fileserving between host PC and NR-Reader using native Nintendo file functions
    Color TTY support
    SDK and command-line facilities allow load/run and reset functionality to be automated from batch files or your own Windows application
    * When used with ProDG for Nintendo GameCube development tools.

Additional System requirements:

Windows 2000 or Windows XP
    Nintendo NR-Reader
    Prices/Licensing

You must be a licensed Nintendo GameCube developer.
    Damn those developers ha ha ha

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok heres another snippin of my daily gamecube hacking post
    A dynamic part of the networking revolution is based on DVD technology. DVD is a driving force found especially in the interactive entertainment industry. DVD development is a complex and expensive process where code quality, time-to-market pressures, and the competitive stakes are incredibly high. Nowhere is this more evident than in the games console business where producing your typical game title can exceed $5 million US dollars. As games and their platforms become more and more sophisticated, day- to-day development at a games studio means increased pre-production work, design documentation, software engineering, and implementation of design patterns, reusable components, and code reviews. Developers require new technology, tools and support to manage costs while maintaining that all-important creative edge.

AMC's DVD emulation technology specializes in providing developers like those involved in building games on platforms such as Microsoft's Xbox and Nintendo's GameCube. AMC gives developers the ability to gain visibility to both the host as well as the target environment so that they can control the quality of their code and data through emulation of their DVD environment. Our DVD emulation technology also conquers time-to-market pressures and costs by allowing users to build code while they emulate. With AMC's solutions, it's no longer necessary to burn discs for every minor change that is made, saving developers crucial time, resources and money.

AMC has developed next generation optical disc emulation technology that "throttles" back the data coming from the hard drive to match the physical characteristics of the DVD drive. Armed with this tool, developers can observe spin up/down, head seek and rotational time, disc cache operation, and the data rate based on the physical location of data on the drive. AMC's DVD emulation technology allows the developer to inject errors to simulate scratches or bad discs so typical variations caused by these real-life factors, can be accurately managed at the development stage.

AMC's development tools accelerate DVD design and performance through advanced DVD emulation, DVD layout and pre-mastering capabilities that translate not only directly into reduced development time but reduced development costs.

THIS ONES ABOUT USELESS THIS IS JUST SOME USELESS INFO BUT CHECK THE LINK BELOW.

YOU NEED ACROBAT RADER TO CHECK THIS INFO OUT
    http://www.snsys.com/Products/ProductSheets/DevlinkNGC-E-headed.pdf

ANYONE GOT ANY NEW GAMKECUBE INFO

Thanks
    Karma Level

its me again how come everyone reads my post but no one replies to them i feel like im talkin to a brick wall LOL
    but anyway back to othe post i found some more shit that mertowerks or some shit like that builds programming for it and they have a demo of codewarrior for gamecube that you can sign up for all give you a link. i just thought that this is interesting.
    http://www.csl.com/codewarrior/codewarrior_gamecube/index.html Peace!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by hpit
    its me again how come everyone reads my post but no one replies to them i feel like im talkin to a brick wall LOL
    but anyway back to othe post i found some more shit that mertowerks or some shit like that builds programming for it and they have a demo of codewarrior for gamecube that you can sign up for all give you a link. i just thought that this is interesting.
    http://www.csl.com/codewarrior/codew...ube/index.html Peace!
    No one's replying because no one CARES!! Get that through your thick skull.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think hpit is saying is that the answer lies with the dev kits :-). That is where most of the features are used to be able to send data to the GCN.

Only thing is will we be able to get it on the "mini dvd-r" or would we need old style copy-box idea to be able to read it from another device straight to the "console".

brk!

Thanks
    Karma Level

does anyone know how to use the dev kits??

i have an NR reader and have no clue how to use it

if it can help create a scene i'm more than willing to lend my assistance

please e-mail me at

Jeff_Chong16@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Karma Level

man that would be awesome, im sure it could help starting a scene! too bad i dont know how to use it.......