Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Roy Keane - Guilty of Misconduct

Well there's a shock

Fined £150k and Banned for 5 Games.

I personally think thats bollocks and the F.A like to go after and get Big name "Trouble Makers" like Viera, Keane, Wise Ect, Ect but let of their Favorites as and when they feel like it (Shearer ect, ect.......).

The fine , fair enough and I guess for 2 Guilty Charges (Even if Micky Mouse) 5 games is about rite, but what i'm puzzled with is why the ban doesnt come into effect for Several Weeks ????

When Viera and Henry got put in the dock their ban was instant yet Roy's is conviently arranged for when he come back from injury in November

So Technically, despite being found guilty of 2 SERIOUS misconduct charges THIS WEEK Keane would be allowed to play THIS WEEKEND against Fulham and Next Week Against Aston Villa ??? What Boll0cks !!

Were bound to get the usual Moronic comments on this topic but too me it's a case of the F.A's double standards.

Anyways, He'll be back for the Arsenal game.....No Pressure Roy.
    Last edited by BoredManc; 15th October 2002 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Such a Shame, Keano's such a Nice Bloke aswell.:rolls: Some of the Best News I've heard... He should of got a much heavier Fine, what's £150 k to him... 5 Game Ban, ****ing Joke... You get a 3 match Ban for a sending off... Absolute Joke... Just like his SHITE BOOK...

= PRICK
    <a href="http://www.tupac-world.com/phpbb/index.php">Tupac-world.com</a>

ABCMan

i must admit, i'm suprised at the leaniency shown towards mr keane, palo de canio got an 11 match ban for pushing over a ref, but keane (who is much higher profile and therefore should set an example) gets a 5 match ban, now remember that he's out of the game after an operation so this 5 match ban is just about enough time for him to complete his rehab and get match fit so in reality its no ban at all, coupled with a fine equivelent to 2 weeks wages and he's got off very lightly. consider that another player today got a 4 month prison sentance for a headbutt during the danes world cup celebrations, if keane set out to injure or hurt (as he admitted in his book) then he carried out a premeditated assault and as such in the "real world" (ie off the football pitch) he would of been sent to prison.

Personaly i think a months wages and a 10 match ban to commence AFTER he was match fit would have been fair, given previous suspensions (how long did cantona get? and he did less injury) and de canio got 8 matches, before mancs say i'm being biased

Thanks
    Karma Level

but hasnt keanes allready served a 3 match ban for the tackle at the time(correct me if im wrong ) seems to me some of the guys on this thread are worried about what a man u side would do to them when keane comes back fully fit.

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's a fukin disgrace, that mad c**t could well have ended the career of Haaland, what price a players career? I would have banned the f**ker for life and his kids too.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by CzarJunkie
    It's a fukin disgrace, that mad c**t could well have ended the career of Haaland, what price a players career? I would have banned the f**ker for life and his kids too.
    I couldn't agree with U more CJ... Dunno about his kids, but I agree with the rest of it m8...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Think the sentence was quite light, and the £150,000 fine will be a small drop in the ocean from the profits generated by Roy Keanes book.

Viera and wise have reputations, though whether they would maliciously tackle someone in a manner that could provide a career ending injury...... and then be stupid enough to write about it is another thing.

Also quite canny how Keanes return co-insides with Man Utd fixture with Arsenal... possibly one of the biggest of their season.

ABCMan

Originally posted by diablos
    but hasnt keanes allready served a 3 match ban for the tackle at the time(correct me if im wrong ) seems to me some of the guys on this thread are worried about what a man u side would do to them when keane comes back fully fit.
    you are right, keane got a 3 match ban for being sent off, before it was known that he had tried to end another players career even an 8 match ban is bloody lienient for what he did, this has nothing to do with him being a scum player, as i said earlier another player just got 4 months inside for an assault and that wasnt a premeditated attack so my original thoughts of a 10 match ban (after he was proved match fit) would have been a more fair punishment. i suppose that i would have to ask you what punishment (apart from death) you would consider suitable if a celtic defender had done the same thing to a rangers player then later said that he had done it on purpose? would you still think 2 weeks wages and a ban that covers a period that the offending player wouldnt be playing anyway because of surgery was fair?

Thanks
    Karma Level

err might be worth bearing in mind that he has already served a 3 match ban so its not that soft

Thanks
    Karma Level

if keane set out to injure or hurt (as he admitted in his book) then he carried out a premeditated assault and as such in the "real world" (ie off the football pitch) he would of been sent to prison.

thats the bit that gets me....he said he did it and if hes gona have any trial at all it should be a legal one.
    does this mean that if you want to kick shit outta sumbody you just gotta arrange a game of football?

from wot it sed on sky sports(a danish reporter) the bolton player had a previous conviction for assault and he attacked a restaurant manager.

IMO keane should have been fined a lot more n then he mite av thought about it a bit more, wot do u achieve banning him for 5 games if hes still gettin paid, if i got told that i was banned from playing football for 5 games but new i was still gona get my £60,000 a week or woteva hes on i wouldnt give a flying ****.
    he'll av earned 3 times wot his fine is just by saying in his book that he did it delibratly.

cheers

DM

Thanks
    Karma Level

this punishment was too harsh.

he's already served a 3 match ban at the time so that should be the end of it. they obviously didnt think he 'meant' to do it at the time which is why he just got the standard 3 match ban.

the talk in his book that he did it on purpose because of what happened when haaland was playing for leeds is rubbish and was just to drum up interest and sales in the book (which its done). if you watch the tackle how the **** did keane have time to look up, see it was haaland and not just another player in an opposite kit and think 'oh yea he stood over me a few years ago and accused me of faking it. i think i'll try and end his career right now with a kick right about... there. lovely.'? the only thing he's guilty of is not givin a toss about the seriousness of the tackle after he found out who it was.

beckhams two footed tackle against slovakia was more premeditated than keanes on haaland ever was and thats the truth. do you think beckham is going to get banned for 5 matches or do you even see people suggesting such a thing? no.

this punnishment was way out of line.

Thanks
    Karma Level

too harsh.....I think it should have been a 6 month ban.

As a liverpool fan I do find it amusing that the last game he is banned for is against liverpool and their next match is against Arsenal. lol

Corf

Thanks
    Karma Level

i catn believe the wanker got off so lightly.......i cant think of anything worse then trying to end someones carreer.....then immediatly after the tackle....shouting to them "have some of that you ****"........then writing a book about it....

whats worse then that? killing someone on pitch probably and thats all.....

a let off........
    We Are....The Mighty Liverpool Reds

Seen a Movie lately? Share your opinions in the Movie Section

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

keane never ended his career its alfie other knee thats knackered fact , yous seem quick to notice this tackle but not the two footed tackle beckham done against the slovakians,or when shearer booted lennon in the face if keane was english this would have been brushed under the carpet.

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

keane never ended his career its alfie other knee thats knackered fact , yous seem quick to notice this tackle but not the two footed tackle beckham done against the slovakians,or when shearer booted lennon in the face if keane was english this would have been brushed under the carpet.
    i'm glad some one noticed that its was the other knee, was beginning to think i was the only 1

other players have and will get away with worse

this shit happens all the time and players dont get 8 match bans + £150k fines

in fact when you think about it it really boils down to the fa punishing keane for writing a book they didnt like

but the usual anti-manu bandwagon carrying the usual brainless twats carries on and on and on, and i dont mean just here

ABCMan

i object to been called an anti scum u brainless twat.

firstly as i've said over and again his ban was not enough for the offence, if you want to add the 3 match ban for the red card then fine, in that case decaio got an 11 match ban for pushing over the ref (who actualy lost his balence and fell if you watch the video he wasnt pushed hard enough to knock him over) so thats 11 matches for a fairy tap but only 8 matches for trying to finish someones career, suddenly it puts things into prospective doesn't it, keane made around £2million on the book so a fine of 2 weeks football wages wont even be noticed by him.

It's time some of the mancs took off their rose tinted specs and took a look at the real world, just what would have happened if you had gone out to deliberatly injure someone in the street, been caught on camera doing it, then wrote a book admitting that you had done it, by now you would be saying hello to mr j archer and friends.

Keane is not match fit, he knew he was going to get a ban so he opted to have his op to cover the same period, his pathetic 5 match ban shouldnt start untill he's fully match fit and would those who complain please also remember that it isnt 5 league games, its 5 games so one of his so called banned matches is a worthington cup game that he would not have played in anyway.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default LMFAO....................

Originally posted by CzarJunkie
    At least Roy keeps his rough stuff on the pitch........................

ABCMan

Originally posted by ABCMan
    i object to been called an anti scum u brainless twat.
    maybe i could have phrased that a bit better, i just read it and it doesnt sound too good does it

it should read "i object to being called an anti scum united brainless twat" i was not calling the other poster a brainless twat.

Thanks
    Karma Level

if keane was english this would have been brushed under the carpet.
    exactly.

and all the talk about what if this was off the pitch in 'real life'.. what about bowyer and woodgate? they kick an asian lad about the street like he was a football and get let off.. prison my arse! in your 'real life' they would of got 2 years for that.

di canio pushing the ref had nothin to do with football, hence the 11 match ban. goin in on a tackle is football.

on the topic of his ban should start when he's fit again; bollocks. this has never been suggested for any other player so why just for keane?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by dave208

exactly.

and all the talk about what if this was off the pitch in 'real life'.. what about bowyer and woodgate? they kick an asian lad about the street like he was a football and get let off.. prison my arse! in your 'real life' they would of got 2 years for that.

di canio pushing the ref had nothin to do with football, hence the 11 match ban. goin in on a tackle is football.

on the topic of his ban should start when he's fit again; bollocks. this has never been suggested for any other player so why just for keane?
    That's a Rule that needs to be changed altogether... ANY Player who gets banned, & is injured at the time. Then that suspension should take place, when the players fit... Otherwise there's no Fuking point to a suspension... It's tough shit if the player's injured or not, that suspension should take place, when they're fully fit...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast