Close

Thread: xXx 2 News

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default xXx 2 News

personally after reading this article i agree completely with Director Cohen. Stay awy from the "Buddy" element/Genre and make Diesel really kick arse in all the sequels.....

and for **** sake if you want a successful series of films what is the secret???? - who can tell me?? if you look at the most poplar movie franchises of all time, they all have something in commen....as oppose to "wannabe" franchises. can you guess what it is?

well i'll fecking tell ya!!! DONT NAME THE SEQUELS WITH NUMBERS!!! i.e. XxX2!

Samuel L. Jackson may not be returning for the proposed Vin Diesel sequel despite comments to the contrary by Jackson himself. Director Rob Cohen indicates the character of Gibbons may not even appear in the sequel: "I'm not certain about that...I love Sam and I was very happy with what he did in the film but the roads divides at a certain point. You either go down one of two roads with a character. He either remains the handler and is always on the phone going 'Get out of there Xander' and all that stuff which is thankless for an actor or it becomes Lethal Weapon and suddenly it's a buddy movie and neither option at the moment seems as anarchistic as I'd like. What might be interesting is that there's another force that comes into the story. I really want the movies to stay fresh and not to go 'Oh, here's the familiar, comfortable element'... so we'll move on and hopefully it'll be a good surprise".
    We Are....The Mighty Liverpool Reds

Seen a Movie lately? Share your opinions in the Movie Section

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

But what about BTTF & the Godfather trilogy - all numbered

Vin Diesel is really flavor of the month in Hollywood at the moment, nice to see someone kicking ass for a change!

I'd rather have seen more Fast and the Furious, but I guess they couldn't really go anywhere with that anymore, so Vin's not in the sequel..

Wonder what'll happen next year when Big Arnold's back?!

Anyway, sounds like xXx squared is shaping up to be quite good again... And for the original the nice shiny screener came out yesterday - sorted
    Last edited by Aido; 17th October 2002 at 09:13 PM.
    Go shagging in Prague or live it large in Vegas !!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Aido
    But what about BTTF & the Godfather trilogy - all numbered

ahhh BUT.......i am on about films that go on and on and on........and that could do forever such as.....Starwars, Indy, James Bond, Batman etc.....

then u think to yourself,

Lethal Weapon 4 - if they made a 5 everyone would say "god not another one"

i mean, take blade for example now they have made 2 now if they wanted to continue the franchise, they could hrdly call the next two films blade3 and blade4........thats what i am getting at....the whole '2' bit of a sequel cheapens the film before we haev even started.....

well i know i have ranted there about this but it is one thing that really pisses me off.

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

right, with you mate, sort of like jason 322 and stuff like that...
    Go shagging in Prague or live it large in Vegas !!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Aido
    right, with you mate, sort of like jason 322 and stuff like that...
    lmao!!

yeah thats it!!

incidently i heard there filming that as we speak

webby