Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Lennox Lewis to feature in upcoming WWE angle?

The following is an article from TSN.ca:
    TSN.ca – Lennox Lewis in a WWE event is becoming more of a reality as each day passes.

The IBF and WBC boxing champion was at a promotional event for the Breeders Crown at Toronto’s Woodbine Racetrack on Tuesday and told reporters that he was ‘in discussions’ with World Wrestling Entertainment about appearing in an upcoming event.

Lewis - who was also in town to prepare for a tribute to legendary boxer Muhammad Ali at SkyDome on Sunday - only added that the discussions between himself and WWE have been mutual and alluded to the fact that he would likely make an appearance as a special observer or referee. WWE was in Toronto the same day for a taping of Smackdown!, but was not available for comment.

If signed for an appearance, Lewis would continue a long tradition of crossovers between the world of pro boxing and sports entertainment.

On June 26, 1976, Japanese wrestling legend Antonio Inoki was involved in a bout with Ali. The former champion also made an appearance as a guest official at the first WrestleMania at Madison Square Garden in 1985. Short-lived World Heavyweight Champion James “Buster” Douglas made an appearance with Hulk Hogan as a ring official in a 1989 episode of “Saturday Night’s Main Event,” while novelty boxer Butterbean made very short work of Bart Gunn in a boxing match at WrestleMania XV.

The most infamous appearance by a boxer was at WrestleMania in 1998, when Mike Tyson made an appearance as a ‘special enforcer’ in the main event between Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Thanks
    Karma Level

it'd b a good move by the wwe

Thanks
    Karma Level

My Bro, said summin about this last week. Said the news paper, claimed that Lewis was gonna be aving a feud with Brock "Pushed To Soon" Lesnar... But I thought it was just bollox, as that's what the paper talks usually . But now you've posted this Webby, it's more believable. Last time Lewis, was at a WWF/E Event was when he held the flag for the Late "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith at Summerslam 1992 August 29th. & the reason I remember the date is cause I was there... One to remember... Cheers Webby...
    <a href="http://www.tupac-world.com/phpbb/index.php">Tupac-world.com</a>

Thanks
    Karma Level

Do a UFC style fight, Lennox boxing and Brock wrestling...would be intresting but never likely to happen.
    It would raise the ratings I suppose and hopefully Brock would land a nice right hand to send the big pudding on his ar5e. I'm not Lewis' biggest fan but it would be good for wrestling.