Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire strike

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Fire strike

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2338473.stm

Is anyone remotely worried about this?

I personally think it should be avoided at all costs,
    I could see certain parties taking advantage of the fact that our fire coverage will be bear for a while.
    NtB
    We'll be coming...

Thanks
    Karma Level

there should be a ban on police, ambulance and fire service striking. Anything else jeopordises public safety - imagine if your house burnt down and you coul do nothing because the fire people were on strike!
    "The British Secret Service was staffed at one point almost entirely by alcoholic homosexuals working for the KGB."
    Clive James

Thanks
    Karma Level

burn the fire stations down ,40% rise greedy ba$tards

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

a 40% incase is an extra £13 on tax alone
    but gov want ot offer a %4 now and they summ increase or summit?

just ave to be extra careful to not burn ur house down

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Cam

just ave to be extra careful to not burn ur house down
    buahahaha.. ye, i find accidentally burning my house down is a real problem lol :rolls:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by gav
    burn the fire stations down ,40% rise greedy ba$tards
    They are worth 30 thousand pounds a year. Considering they risk their lives for the populus of the area they work in every day of the year no matter what, Just think how much football players get compared to a firefighter.

The Fire service are worth it and should be granted the 40% rise.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by robertdoran

They are worth 30 thousand pounds a year. Considering they risk their lives for the populus of the area they work in every day of the year no matter what, Just think how much football players get compared to a firefighter.

But what they do is risk assessed. Football players wages are not payed by the public, so they cannot be compared to fire fighters. I think what fire fighters get is enough. They cannot get what they are asking for - 40% is just too much.
    I agree with snak3, i think there should be a ban or something preventing police, ambulance and fire services going on strike.

Thanks
    Karma Level

They still dont earn as much as london underground train drivers,
    which when you consider that firemen/women risk thier lives ever time they are called out,is not much!!!!!!
    "God is a comedian, playing to an audience who are too afraid to laugh...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

If the fire service is'nt paid enough why did they take the job in the first place. If I applied for a job and it turned out the job did'nt pay enough I would'nt take the job. I get about an average of 4% raise a year and I have to be happy with that. If I'm not then its up to me to get a different job, I don't go risking ppls lives just for money....
    If nature always takes the easiest route, what's easier...?
    The creation of billions of galaxies each containing trillions of stars each with their own solar systems, some with planets that have evolved civilisations with billions of different life forms. OR The creation of just your imagination?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by robertdoran

thats what there trained for mate if they wanted more they should of tried be a footballer
    they know the wages a long time before they take the job
    electricians risk there life every time they stick a tester in a plug but you dont see a mass walk out or demands of 40%

i know what would happen to the majority of us on here if we asked our bosses for 40% rise

greed wont gain them any friends or respect

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by soulassassin
    If the fire service is'nt paid enough why did they take the job in the first place. If I applied for a job and it turned out the job did'nt pay enough I would'nt take the job. I get about an average of 4% raise a year and I have to be happy with that. If I'm not then its up to me to get a different job, I don't go risking ppls lives just for money....
    well said

Thanks
    Karma Level

The are 1200 firefighters in essex, and there was a documentary on one of them in particular, he has a 1 bedroom flat for him and his wife and his 2 kids, who are both younger than 5, he simply cannot afford to live within commuting distance to his place of work because he simply isnt paid enough money!.

Myself and many other people agree that they are not payed enough. If you watch the news, you see people in the street being asked. They say 'They are worth it, and should be paid 30k a year minumum. But i can see that the strike can cause conflicts.

Maybe there should be a comprimise. But 4% is fúcking ludicrous if you ask me.

up the Union i say

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by anayet
    But what they do is risk assessed..
    Rise assessed?

How can going in to a blazing inferno be risk assessed?

Risk assessment is knowing the risks and hazards of the job in hand. You cannot risk assess a blazing inferno, that is a fact

Thanks
    Karma Level

up the fcukin union.. get 'em out, get 'em all out!!

those of you who think its wrong.. SHAME ON YOU!!!!
    Photography: Nikon D50 - 18-55mm, 70-300mm, 105mm Macro, 2 x 2gb SD Cards, Jessops Tripod, LowePro Rucksack

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am a Auxillary Firefighter so i dont get paid much but then again i dont do it for the money.

But the full time fighters have the right to strike for better pay as what they get is crap for what they do. Although having Green Goddess attend incidents is a scary thought.

Politician’s have no problem giving themselves large increase in pay whenever they feel like it. Maybe they should take a decrease and give the emergancy services a fairer wage.

Thanks
    Karma Level

40% of fcuk all is fcuk all.....if the Govt hadn`t stuck it`s nose in then there would not be a problem. But the Gov`t did and sed that that the firemen/women ain`t getting the 16% offered by the employers so the firemen/women have stuck their heels in. BTW.. who just give themselves 40% increase... Blair,Prescott,etc,etc

ABCMan

well pointed out corby, the local councils were about to offer £25,000 a yers with the rise over 18 months (they are claiming £30,000 and still worth it) but the government stepped in even though they weren't supposed to which has resulted in this strike so anyone blaming a fireman for this strike is pointing in the wrong direction they should be looking to tony and his cronies.

when a train driver for virgin can make £40,000+ its a sad state of affairs that those who selflessly risk their lives to save other people should find people complaining when all they want is a reasonable increase to give them a salery that is closer to what they deserve than what they get now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by wizer
    up the fcukin union.. get 'em out, get 'em all out!!

those of you who think its wrong.. SHAME ON YOU!!!!
    well said.

For all you tits that have slagged the fireservice for striking think about this then :

Just look at the National health service and ask yourselves how the fu(k it got in that state ? The answer is bloody obvious over many years lots of the well trained dedicated staff asked themselves why they should put up with all the shit and hours for so little pay when they could earn basically the same wages doing a lot less hours doing less demanding jobs like sitting behind a cashout desk at Tescos . The reality in life is if you pay peanuts youll only get monkies and before this sad state of affairs rolls over to our Fire services to then they should get thier fair dues in a fair rewarding wage.
    If all the guys leave the Fire service due low wages then youll really have something to bitch about when your house burns down so stop slating the guys and give them the damned support that they deserve . When you are sat in the Pub on a friday night throwing ale down your knecks these guys are on duty just waiting for a phone call by one of your neighbours telling them your house is on fire . They are also cutting guys out of car wrecks etc etc.

Rant over for now.
    Last edited by 4me2; 18th October 2002 at 10:56 PM.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by 4me2

well said.

For all you tits that have slagged the fireservice for striking think about this then :

Just look at the National health service and ask yourselves how the fu(k it got in that state ? The answer is bloody obvious over many years lots of the well trained dedicated staff asked themselves why they should put up with all the shit and hours for so little pay when they could earn basically the same wages doing a lot less hours doing less demanding jobs like sitting behind a cashout desk at Tescos . The reality in life is if you pay peanuts youll only get monkies and before this sad state of affairs rolls over to our Fire services to then they should get thier fair dues in a fair rewarding wage.
    If all the guys leave the Fire service due low wages then youll really have something to bitch about when your house burns down so stop slating the guys and give them the damned support that they deserve . When you are sat in the Pub on a friday night throwing ale down your knecks these guys are on duty just waiting for a phone call by one of your neighbours telling them your house is on fire . They are also cutting guys out of car wrecks etc etc.

Rant over for now.

4me2 if your house burnt down tomorrow, and because the fire brigade was on strike you could do jack all but watch, would you take this view?

If they're not happy with the pay, they should leave. IMO 30 grand a year is perfectly satisfactory - and below the 40% tax boundary. If they get a pay increase most of it will just be taxed again so they're probably better off as they are atm.
    "The British Secret Service was staffed at one point almost entirely by alcoholic homosexuals working for the KGB."
    Clive James

Thanks
    Karma Level
    If 9/11 fire-fighters asked for a 40% pay rise would they
    get it.I'l tell you they would all day long.
    Fire-fighters are worth every penny.
    If Politician’s get it when they want why the" fAck" cant they.
    Think about it lads if it was your house etc, on fire
    it would be a different story and thats a fact !!
    And for people that say they are greedy bast....they are talking,
    BOLLOX.
    fitzy.
    Last edited by fitzy; 19th October 2002 at 01:11 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast