Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Help New To Xbox Modification

I know this is a stupid question nut hopefully someone can enlighten me. Well, i recently purchase an xbox hoping to modify the sucka. Since I am very new at this i would like to get some information. I have been searching through the internet for the right modchip, but im all confused because thier are so many to choose from. My plan is to modify my XBOX to where it can play MP3, DIVX, DVD, and of course BACKUPs (I DONNOT HAVE A CLUE ON HOW TO BACK UP GAMES). I hear a lot of people have accomplish replacing XBOX with 120GB HD. Can someone tell what the process/tools required to achieved my goals stated above?

I very computer literate and have done some PS1 mods (all models).

Thanks
    Karma Level

All your questions will be answered @ www.xbox-scene.com

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes m8 you can read the tutorials on xbox scene

The newest chip at the moment is the xodus, this is a no solder chip, you just screw it to the board of your xbox and requires no soldering at all, it comes with its own programmer but the chip is blank, you have to have your own bios image to program into the chip to make it work, here is the xodus site for your perusal http://www.xodus-chip.com/.

if you dont want to mess about programming chips then get an x-ecuter, this is real easy to install, it has only 1 wire and 9 other easy points to solder, this chip will enable you to do what you want and put in a larger hard drive, not every chip lets you do this, it has to have the functionality built into the chip, the x-ecuter is a boss chip, and they are even bringing out a no solder one aswell, and the x-ecuter 2 will be oput soon aswell, here is the x-ecuter sites for your perusal

http://www.x-ecutermods.com/ .
    http://www.x-ecuter.com/

to backup your games you need something called evolution-x, this is a superb utility that lets you connect your xbox to your pc thus enabeling you to see the contents of the original game and copying the files over to your pc, most games need a dvd burner to burn them as they are to big for a normal cdr, or you can transfer them to your new bigger hard drive and play them from there, here is the evolution-x site for your perusal

http://evox.xboxhackz.net/

the easiest way is to connect your xbox to a network card in your pc, if you already have one in there then put in a second one, you will then need a crossover cable, a normal RJ45 cable will not work, then boot up evolution-x that you burned to a cd it will give you an ip address after a minute, use this ip address to connect to your xbox with an ftp program such as plash fxp, then when connected you see your xbox hard drive, then click on d:\ and see the game files.

hope this helps m8, might seem confusing at first but when you read the sites and tutorials it will clear things up for you.

here is a link to tutorials m8
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php

any more questions just post m8

freaky
    Last edited by Freaky; 18th October 2002 at 10:00 PM.
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds. Fire Walk With Me.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

What those blokes said^^^
    Not quite sure what the hell im talking about..Just nod and i mite shut up......

Thanks
    Karma Level

some good stuff there freaky, but why do u need 2 network cards? won't 1 do?

sorry if its a daft question, but i'm new 2 this 2

Thanks
    Karma Level

to be totally honest m8 i just suggested using a second one as i thought it would be the easiest , but im sure you can use the one u already have in if you have a cable modem plugged into it, but if you do this you have to use a hub and im not sure how to set that one up m8, i just went for the second nic card as i already had 3 and it was very easy to do.
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds. Fire Walk With Me.