Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Panasonic floppy driver????

hey guys,

i have a panasonic CF-M1 notebook wich came with a "CF-VFDU02" external "floppy" drive, i have just installed Win2000 Pro onto it but now it doesnt see the floppy drive, i can only assume it is because the device driver is missing, can anyone help me out with this??? I have had a look around on the net and the only reference i can find to this model is in chinese or japanese(not sure)

any help????????

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Typically you don't need a specific driver for an external FDD.

On IBM laptops, you have a diagnostics utility in the BIOS, that allows you test the FDD, since it's external it's more than likely that it shows up as the FDD2 and not FDD1. I don't know if Panasonic have the same type of thing.

Also something simple you could try is, just put a non bootable disk in the drive, boot your laptop with the external FDD connected, and if it works you should get an error message.

If the external FDD, has a light led on it, check if it lits up during boot up.

If it's not recognised, there can only be 2-3 things depending on how the FDD is configured.

1. External FDD not enabled in the BIOS
    2. Damaged FDD
    3. Damaged FDD bay or cable [not sure about this one, as I don't know if Panasonic uses these bays, or does the cable just connect directly to the FDD?]

Take a look [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] as well, if it's of some use.

All the best
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”