Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Recommend a fat burner??

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a fat burner/metaboliser that works? I just cannot shift the love handles. Someone has recommended a product from www.metabaslim.co.uk but I'd rather listen to you guys if you've used something.

Cheers,

Airhead.

Thanks
    Karma Level

As I mentioned in http://www.digital-forums.com/forum/...threadid=78978 - I've just started using Thermanol XS and have nothing but good things to say about it. The amount of fat I've lost from my face is very pleasing

Might be worth you also doing a search in http://groups.google.com and looking into all the various supplements.

As for suppliers, http://www.gymratz.co.uk is the place to go - Pete who runs it is very helpful and won't give you any bull.

Cheers,

sub.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for that m8. I did read the previous post, someones also recommending Prolean II from gymratz in another thread.

Theres so much to choose from, I just want to be certain I'm getting something good for my 30 quid.

Cheers,

Airhead.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, my experiences so far are as follows:

You're supposed to take half dosage for the first week. I started on a wednesday and the went to full dosage on the Monday. Didn't hurt me, but don't take my word that it won't hurt you !

First few days:

1 cap 20 minutes before 2 slices of toast
    1 cap with lunch
    20 mins at 75% heart rate on bike in evening
    Various muscle excercises.

I began cutting out all extra caffeine from my diet during the first week. So no cups of tea or coffee, no cans of coke etc..

Following two weeks:

2 caps 20 minutes before 2 slices of toast
    2 caps just before lunch
    30-40 mins at 75% heart rate on bike in evening
    Various muscle excercises.

Effects I've noticed:

Your heart will pound *a lot*. I'm just starting to get used to this, but this might be because I'm getting used to the cardio I do in the evening.

The first two weeks you will get a buzz from the Ma Huang (Eph.) - as I said in the other thread, I found myself a bit jittery and constantly talking. This wears off 2-3 hours after taking the cap(s). If I didn't get chance to eat anything at lunch, I felt a bit hyper, especially when trying to concentrate while driving.

I began to sweat a lot more overall. I didn't notice massive amounts of sweat dripping from my pits or anything, but I could feel the fact that my shirt was sometimes sticking to me. I also noticed an increase in body odour.

One side effect I've noticed is that I seem to crap a lot more than before I began using the Thermanol I've been told that this is due to the caffeine, but it could also be my diet.
    Also, as I'm trying to cut down on the booze, when going out and drinking coke the extra caffeine seems to make you light headed.

Overall I'm very happy with the results, even if the trousers to my suits are beginning to fall down ! I would point out though that sitting on your arse and just taking pills probably won't do much good, despite what all the advertising crap says. For supplements to be effective, you'll need to excercise and possibly decrease your calorie intake.

Feel free to send me a private message if you have anything to ask.

Cheers,

sub.
    Last edited by subhuman; 19th October 2002 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks subhuman, thats really useful info. I work out around 4 times a week. That includes around 30-40 mins fairly heavuy cardio followed by an hour of weights. I've been doing that for around 18 months. While my strength has improved considerably, my body fat never seems to change. The problem area is mostly the love handles and my stomach. I've tried diets, different routnes in the gym, but nothing seems to work, so I'm going to give fat burners a try. A bit of a last resort, but its really peeing me off.

Thanks for the help mate.

Airhead.

Thanks
    Karma Level

subhuman is this the shit ur on about? http://www.gymratz.co.uk/item51.htm

do u rekon u wunt hav seen those affects if u hant used the supplement, ie wer u doing the same workout b4 hand?

I wana lose weight buti dont wana spend 3 months not eatin shit 2 find out its not working, so shall i use this str8 away? Cheers

P.S. my situation is this, i spent about 6 months puttin on weight from bein lanky, i got the muscle i wanted but i got a belly and fatter face with it. I want 2 lose the belly and the fatter face, but NOT lose the muscle, is this possible?
    Last edited by Porthos; 28th October 2002 at 07:05 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

No - I decided not to go for any of the 'cheaper' versions - I did a fair bit of research before I actually trusted myself to use a supplement.

I use Thermonol XS - http://www.gymratz.co.uk/item41.htm

I'm actually coming to the end of my first cycle and I'm pleased with results.

I'd been following a similar excercise regime for about 2-3 months before using this, skipping the odd day or two, eating the odd bag of chips etc.. I was probably doing more reps and situps each evening (which don't really work when you've got the beginnings of a beer belly)

Results weren't all that inspiring - hence trying the Thermonol.. the reasoning behind this... well, I found it difficult to manage working out in the morning. Too tired, like my sleep etc.. (It was suggested that doing excercise in the morning increases your metabolism throughout the day) - as I can only excercise in the evening, I needed something to increase it some other way.

I'm not a bodybuilder, but AFAIK you need to be on a properly balanced diet with the proper proportions of protein to stop the muscle disappearing. Maybe someone else could help you out with that aspect.

One thing that does come through when talking to people about supplements is that if you don't excercise or adjust your diet while taking them, you're not gonna get any results.

It might be worth you having a chat with Pete at Gymratz - he's really helpful, won't sell you something just for the money, and will offer all the advice he can. Oh, and do some research on the web/newsgroups.

Cheers,

sub.
    Last edited by subhuman; 28th October 2002 at 09:39 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

http://www.gymratz.co.uk/item41.htm (u put a period at the end)

cheers m8, i've emailed him and he'll b pissed off cuz its fcuking long!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by subhuman
    As I mentioned in http://www.digital-forums.com/forum/...threadid=78978 - I've just started using Thermanol XS and have nothing but good things to say about it. The amount of fat I've lost from my face is very pleasing

Might be worth you also doing a search in http://groups.google.com and looking into all the various supplements.

As for suppliers, http://www.gymratz.co.uk is the place to go - Pete who runs it is very helpful and won't give you any bull.

Cheers,

sub.
    Would this formula work w/o exercise?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Very, very unlikely. There is no such thing as a magic pill.

If you're suffering from obesity - i.e. a BMI of over 30 or so (calculate yours at http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/fightingfat/bmi.shtml ) - a doctor might pescribe something like Reductil/Xenical. It's also available on the net from various sources, at about £100 for a months supply.

However - this stuff is bad news. I've heard tales in the newsgroups of people with horrible side effects. After all - this stuff is perscription only for a reason.

The only real way to lose weight is to get off your arse, do some excercise and eat healthy.

Cheers,

sub.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I know I know....I AM exercising to some extent already...the only way IS to work out....thnx anyway

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Keeping Muscle losing fat

I want 2 lose the belly and the fatter face, but NOT lose the muscle, is this possible? [/B][/QUOTE]

There is a "chemical Nutrition product that you can buy so when your dieting you can lose less muscle than you would normally, i`ll put a link in but i can`t remember it`s name. but you can contact them from their site.

http://affordablesupplements.co.uk/M...nufacturerID=6

You can do it the normal way of course and eat about 2 grams of protein per 1lb of body weight.

Have fun

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Vextor
    I know I know....I AM exercising to some extent already...the only way IS to work out....thnx anyway
    AND.... change your diet! If your lazy (ie; can't be arsed to read a book) like me I recommend going to your local GP and get him/her to refer you to a dietician (this can take upto 3 months though, hey it is the NHS!), it's free (except any prescriptions of course) and they give you a very good insight to what and what not to eat, it helped me out allot.

zaa™