Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Digital Sat TV "Which System to Choose"

Hi there al hope you can help.

I have decided to take the plung I already have a 80 cm
    dish and want to get a humax or eqivalent receiver.

One problem I am totaly confused when it comes to cams, cards, programmers and the various encryption systems.

I already have a pic/wafer/funcard programmer which sould be ok.

What encryption system is the best and what cam to get?

Whats all this about via****2 and Se*a*2 etc are they all moving to these new systems, can these be recieved witch a proggedcard?

I have about 400 notes to burn, is this enought for a humax receiver, cam & blank card?

Any help would be mutch appreciated.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would recommend you wait to see what is available in the next few months. Most sat networks are moving to secA2 and viaccess2 which connot be watched using unofficial cards at the moment and possibly may not be hacked in the near future. The only worth while stuff at the moment that may last for more than a few months is the palco ppv films on hispasat at 30degrees west which are encrypted using a system called nagravision. Most other film providers have already gone to seca2 or via2 and those that haven't probably will before the end of the year or they may not be worth watching.
    Most people until a few months ago would have went for humax 5400 because it is patchable but there are other options available now that allow decryption of multiple systems you can read about them on these forums or other similar forums.

regards

matt.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Although a lot of providers have switched to the new encryption systems there is still quite a bit available.

Really depends on what you want to watch PPV films are pretty limited but there are lots of channels for sport, filfth, sitcoms etc plus non PPV films

Again some of these may disappear but I always manage to find something worthwhile to watch.

There is lots of talk about the new systems being cracked but nothing has appeared yet and I wouldn't like to say when it will.

Personally I've got a Humax 5400 which seems to be the best supported receiver but the Samsung is also popular as is the Echostar.

With the Hummy you don't need another CAM unless you want official v2 encryption channels.

With your £400 I'd shop around and see if you can get a deal for receiver, motorised mount and funcard4 to give you full versatility.

HTH

Jim
    ps You can do your bit to help crack Via2 by joining the brute force project

Thanks
    Karma Level

make sure u go for a 1.2m motorised so u can pick up viasat because they have good movies as well