Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Why work when I can get £42,000 in benefits a year AND drive a Mercedes?

taken from DK, This shit gets my back...

The Davey family's £815-a-week state handouts pay for a four-bedroom home, top-of-the-range mod cons and two vehicles including a Mercedes people carrier.
    Father-of-seven Peter gave up work because he could make more living on benefits.
    Yet he and his wife Claire are still not happy with their lot.
    With an eighth child on the way, they are demanding a bigger house, courtesy of the taxpayer.

More on the way: The Davey family at home.

'It's really hard,' said Mrs Davey, 29, who is seven months' pregnant. 'We can't afford holidays and I don't want my kids living on a council estate and struggling like I have.
    'The price of living is going up but benefits are going down. My carer's allowance is only going up by 80p this year and petrol is so expensive now, I'm worried how we'll cope.
    'We're still waiting for somewhere bigger.'
    Mrs Davey has never had a full-time job while her 35-year-old husband gave up his post in administration nine years ago after realising they would be better off living on the state.

At their semi on the Isle of Anglesey, the family have a 42in flatscreen television in the living room with Sky TV at £50 a month, a Wii games console, three Nintendo DS machines and a computer - not to mention four mobile phones.
    With their income of more than £42,000 a year, they run an 11-seater minibus and the seven-seat automatic Mercedes.
    But according to the Daveys they have nothing to be thankful for.
    'It doesn't bother me that taxpayers are paying for me to have a large family,' added Mrs Davey.
    'We couldn't afford to care for our children without benefits, but as long as they have everything they need, I don't think I'm selfish.
    'Most of the parents at our kids' school are on benefits.'
    She added: 'I don't feel bad about being subsidised by people who are working. I'm just working with the system that's there.
    'If the government wants to give me money, I'm happy to take it. We get what we're entitled to. I don't put in anything because I don't pay taxes, but if I could work I would.'
    The couple met in a pub 13 years ago. A year later, at the age of 17, Mrs Davey gave birth to Jessica, now 12.
    She was followed by Jade, ten, Jamie-Anne, eight, Harriet, six, Adele, four, the couple's only son Tie, three, and Mercedes, two.
    'It cost too much to carrying on working as we were actually better off unemployed,' said Mr Davey.
    In addition to income support, housing benefit, child tax credits and a council tax discount, the couple receive carer's allowance and disability living allowance for Tie, who suffers from a severe skin disorder.
    Despite filing for bankruptcy 18 months ago after racking up £20,000 of debt on mail order catalogues they still insist on splashing out on four presents per child at birthdays and last Christmas spent £2,000 on gifts alone.
    'Santa is always generous in our house,' said Mrs Davey, who once applied to join the police but was turned down.
    She insists her husband would do any job 'as long as we could still afford the lifestyle we have now'.
    Mrs Davey, who spends £160 a week at Tesco, says she does not intend to stop at eight children. Her target is 14.
    And she adds: 'I've always wanted a big family - no one can tell me how many kids I can have whether I'm working or not.'

This crap gets my back up... I cant afford more kids, so its simple. I don't have them.
    Its people like this why i think the countries bolloxed.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Why work when I can get £42,000 in benefits a year AND drive a Mercedes?

But they can afford more kids, if they have more the benefits will increase.....

Will probably be hoping for one with a disability to get more money again...!

Fecker.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Why work when I can get £42,000 in benefits a year AND drive a Mercedes?

Pikey fucks we should have a town where all the people like this can go and fuck off. I wouldn't mind shelling out for them if I never saw them or heard about them

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by crashtestmac View Post
    Will probably be hoping for one with a disability to get more money again...!
    I agree these cunts deserve a slapping, but that's a bit harsh mate...
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I struggle to make things pay. I have 4 kids and a wifey and it would sooo easy for me to get more on the dole, but i dont. They should sort this out whoever gets into No#10 next

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah i know if is a bit harsh...

Looks like a venture portrait in the background as well.....

Life is tough....

Thanks
    Karma Level

This fucking annoying. I am 21, been out of university for nearly a year now, and still not got a job. I am desperate for one so currently working part time for 2 days. Yet there are robbing bastards like this that choose NOT to work and are getting tons more then me! How does that work out? I want to get into a FT job and get a career and get a house and create family, but there is nothing. Then these fuckers go at it like rabbits and get everything on a fucking silver platter!

I swear I am looking at the system all wrong, and should play it different!

Hate these type of stories!

</rantover>

Kev

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gingertosser View Post

'It's really hard,' said Mrs Davey, 29, who is seven months' pregnant.
    Thats the problem......keep your bucket like cµnt under wraps ffs!!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

They should be given an ultimatum of either getting a job or be sterilised.
    Story really does grip my shit!

Thanks
    Karma Level

If i get into power i will give child beneifts in form of rubber suits. Called condoms.
    Benefits the children

Thanks
    Karma Level

Did no one ever tell them that if you or your partner have ginger hair there is a 50% chance your kids will so take precautions its the fucking bake bean kids.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just re-checked that family photo. The kiddie on her lap seems as though he has been battered. Time to get the social on them for child abuse

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Just re-checked that family photo. The kiddie on her lap seems as though he has been battered. Time to get the social on them for child abuse
    Sorry but I just read that and lmao. Good observation skills Mickey

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why bother getting worked up about it? These kind of stories have been doing the rounds for decades, it's nothing new.

They are news because they are the exception rather than the rule.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You should only have kids if you can afford to support them.

But lets not be taken in by this pish this is the goverments way of covering up for their own MP's having their hand in the till.

I'd hazard a guess that the Mp's have creamed of more.

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You also have to remember the media love this sort of story as they can make up whatever shit they like as only the rich can afford to sue for liable, none of them let the truth ruin a good story.

I will give you a good example of how the media works, many years ago when the BBC News was on at 9pm they did a report on a benefit squad set up to crack down on fraudulent claims and my brother got caught up in it as he was claiming working disability.

He was on a site and the benefit squad along with a mass of BBC reporters and crew descended and a reporter shoved a microphone in my brothers face and said why are you claiming working disability when you are clearly not disabled, now when this aired on the BBC they showed the reporter asking the question and then cut to a shot of my brother getting in his car and driving off but in reality his reply to the question which they cut was "I am going into hospital next week to have my left leg amputated above the knee they don't do that to people without a disability" it obviously kind of ruined the story but my point is in cutting it from the report they made the story and didn't let the truth get in the way.

Stories like this always appear during high unemployment and at election time and often distract from the huge waste and corruption of the pocket lining cunts they should be reporting on and quoting amounts of benefit they are getting does not make it fact any more than the selective quotes from the family.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by garagekru View Post
    Pikey fucks we should have a town where all the people like this can go and fuck off.
    Its called Leeds mate.. .. I am sure we have more of these cunts than the rest of the country!..

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm sure i have seen pictures of one or two of them kids in the photo section so own up which of you c unts is it ?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ginnerfreak View Post
    Its called Leeds mate.. .. I am sure we have more of these c*nts than the rest of the country!..
    I think Blyth would give Leeds a run for the money - but I'm happy to throw em all into Yorksire and keep the rest of the country tidy

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gingertosser View Post
    Mercedes people carrier.

they are demanding a bigger house, courtesy of the taxpayer.
    More on the way: The Davey family at home.

We can't afford holidays

a 42in flatscreen television in the living room with Sky TV at £50 a month,

a Wii games console,

three Nintendo DS machines and a computer - not to mention four mobile phones.

now when people dont get cancer drugs due to costs but filthy fucking scrounging cunts get luxury items such as games machines there is loads fucking wrong with the 'welfare' state.

makes my blood boil.

If i ran the world these cunts would either work or theyd be enslaved till they collapsed then their useless bodies would be thrown into blast furnaces to provide fuel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast