Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

PC World are poo. Part 976

<b>I have 1Mbps T£l£w£st Broadband</b>....and decided to get a Linksys NAT Router in the living room by the cable modem, and because the puta lives in the spare room, a single cable upstairs leads to a Linksys Switch. I got em sorted now, but had fun gerring them!

<b><em>Cue wavy lines, cue the memory scene, cue cue cue....</em></b>

Cos it was new and I was excited about getting broadband and I had to get the connection to the puta (yes I know, but I am 32) I popped down to PC World to get the above.

They didn't have the switch, but they had the routers for £149.99 so eejet boy got one. When I got home then surfed the net and found them on buy.gb.com for 79 squids all in....so off I toddled off to PCW (Selly Oak, Bham for u Eye Spy fans) for a seven day return. (As long as its in a saleable condition, the have to take back, no quibbles).

The face on Mr Manager when I asked for my money back....hehehe. He denied all knowledge off the seven day return and said that as my signature was on the receipt it was a legally binding contract.

I argued the toss but he got abusive and said he had worked in the company for 7 years, 3 as a manager so he knew what he was on about.

<b>It was then I drew his attention to the leaflet the receipt was stapled to telling me all about the no quibble seven days return.

<em>Guess who got his money back.</em></b>

<u>Now the switch.</u>

Different store, same sh*t....

My job involves being a mystery customer....not on behlaf of PCW or DSG I might add, but on behalf of SME's (Small and Medium Sized Companies).

Killing two birds with one stone, I dressed down and toddled off to PCW to get me a switch, the intention being to test the service.

Now having wandered round for ten minutes (even standing by the artyfarty spensive Apfel Max didn't work) I went and found what I wanted but......

The monkeys had priced up on an island 60-odd switches as hubs.....75 quid cheaper.

Oh yesh.....I grabbed one and headed off to the till knowing the barcode would chuck it up....and it did....the till gal gotta salesbuffoon who confirmed my price was right, albeit mispriced. I asked if I could still buy the item and indicated prefferably at the labelled price....don't see why not says till gal but need manager (diff one this time cos diff store).....

He goes off on one and this is a quote on tape:

"Who the f*ck do you think you are coming into my store demanding goods? Are you thick....do you think that you can get stuff dirt cheap....stupid f*cking c*nt!"
    Buffoon interjects....apparently

hubs are better than switches so I am winning by getting the hub not a switch......
    I then introduce myself formerly and make the following points:

<ul>
    1.0 I have no right to purchase goods unless at least a verbal contract has been entered into. I was told I could purchase the switch. As it was by a salesperson, they have the authority to enter into the contract.

2.0 The switch was mispriced, not placed by a casual browser on the wrong shelf. Because of 1.0 they had to sell it to me for the marked price.

3.0 Hubs are not better than switches. Even if the are, opinion is not allowed to be expressed by sales-staff, only "compare and contrasts". Anything else is in breach of the Sales of Godd Act.

4.0 I am not a f*cking c*nt nor am I thick.</ul>

I got an 95 squid switch for 20 squid, claimed it back on exspenses ligitimately and threatened the Manager with legal action and other secret visits.

The store was closed the following Wed morning for staff training. And they were that sh*t scared they videoed it. And my boss made me watch it. B*stard.

PCW at this particular store now behave properly We can't close em down, but they don't know that...

<center><hr><p>
    <table border=1 bordercolor=red><td border=1><Font face=arial size=1 color=red>New service on G**gle: PCW to English translator...<p>"where in the world" means "you bought it from where? "</font></td></table></center>
    Last edited by brumbino; 21st October 2002 at 06:30 PM.
    IT people slash forward.

Also, lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol sounds fun, can i but the switch from you

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: PC World are poo. Part 976

Originally posted by brumbino
    <b>I have 1Mbps T£l£w£st Broadband</b>....and decided to get a Linksys NAT Router in the living room by the cable modem, and because the puta lives in the spare room, a single cable upstairs leads to a Linksys Switch. I got em sorted now, but had fun gerring them!

<b><em>Cue wavy lines, cue the memory scene, cue cue cue....</em></b>

Cos it was new and I was excited about getting broadband and I had to get the connection to the puta (yes I know, but I am 32) I popped down to PC World to get the above.

They didn't have the switch, but they had the routers for £149.99 so eejet boy got one. When I got home then surfed the net and found them on buy.gb.com for 79 squids all in....so off I toddled off to PCW (Selly Oak, Bham for u Eye Spy fans) for a seven day return. (As long as its in a saleable condition, the have to take back, no quibbles).

The face on Mr Manager when I asked for my money back....hehehe. He denied all knowledge off the seven day return and said that as my signature was on the receipt it was a legally binding contract.

I argued the toss but he got abusive and said he had worked in the company for 7 years, 3 as a manager so he knew what he was on about.

<b>It was then I drew his attention to the leaflet the receipt was stapled to telling me all about the no quibble seven days return.

<em>Guess who got his money back.</em></b>

<u>Now the switch.</u>

Different store, same sh*t....

My job involves being a mystery customer....not on behlaf of PCW or DSG I might add, but on behalf of SME's (Small and Medium Sized Companies).

Killing two birds with one stone, I dressed down and toddled off to PCW to get me a switch, the intention being to test the service.

Now having wandered round for ten minutes (even standing by the artyfarty spensive Apfel Max didn't work) I went and found what I wanted but......

The monkeys had priced up on an island 60-odd switches as hubs.....75 quid cheaper.

Oh yesh.....I grabbed one and headed off to the till knowing the barcode would chuck it up....and it did....the till gal gotta salesbuffoon who confirmed my price was right, albeit mispriced. I asked if I could still buy the item and indicated prefferably at the labelled price....don't see why not says till gal but need manager (diff one this time cos diff store).....

He goes off on one and this is a quote on tape:

Buffoon interjects....apparently

I then introduce myself formerly and make the following points:

<ul>
    1.0 I have no right to purchase goods unless at least a verbal contract has been entered into. I was told I could purchase the switch. As it was by a salesperson, they have the authority to enter into the contract.

2.0 The switch was mispriced, not placed by a casual browser on the wrong shelf. Because of 1.0 they had to sell it to me for the marked price.

3.0 Hubs are not better than switches. Even if the are, opinion is not allowed to be expressed by sales-staff, only "compare and contrasts". Anything else is in breach of the Sales of Godd Act.

4.0 I am not a f*cking c*nt nor am I thick.</ul>

I got an 95 squid switch for 20 squid, claimed it back on exspenses ligitimately and threatened the Manager with legal action and other secret visits.

The store was closed the following Wed morning for staff training. And they were that sh*t scared they videoed it. And my boss made me watch it. B*stard.

PCW at this particular store now behave properly We can't close em down, but they don't know that...

<center><hr><p>
    <table border=1 bordercolor=red><td border=1><Font face=arial size=1 color=red>New service on G**gle: PCW to English translator...<p>"where in the world" means "you bought it from where? "</font></td></table></center>

u told us this b 4 sum 1 where and i sad this then and im gonna say it again got a spear job? as i would not only love to do that for a living but also be good at it

and theres nothing more that i h8 than pcw 'cleaver' spotty teenagers who think they no every thing there is to no about computers who try and sell u a gamers machine(a comp built for games in mind) for word procceing and the cost its a few 100 quid differ

if there was 1 nearer i would pop in every now and again just for a lauff

Thanks
    Karma Level

That brought back a few memories working for DSG in the eighties

Thanks
    Karma Level

u cudnt pop that stuff on tape on mp3 cud u plz?!?

also quote till girl 'don't see why not says till gal but need manager ', she entered the verbal contract on that condition and he did not agree (at first) so i dont think that holds up on its own.
    Last edited by Porthos; 21st October 2002 at 07:35 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Products in any shop mis-priced or not are "invitations to treat"; essentially invitations to the general public to make an offer on a particular item. The shop DOES NOT have too sale the product. This was all covered in the Kodac camera fiasco.

LaterZ
    The Prodigy:shock:

Thanks
    Karma Level

I remember having all this similar $hite when i bought ram from PCworld.co.uk

When it did not work i though ferk this the shops only down the road so took it back

They tried to say "we dont deal with online orders" lmao

put it this way i got me money back... but its not very nice haing to kick up a fuss.

Macca

Social Networking Bookmarks