Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just received my Xodus

Well I just got my Xodus, and I have to say that dealing with EB2000 were great.

I actually wasn't expecting it this fast, so I can't really do anything with it atm, I need to get some torx 10 & 20 screwheads, not to mention I was going to bring home the good computer home later this week (my current comp's parallel port is dead and has a 15 gig hd, less than 2 left ), so I will let anyone who cares my experience with the chip as soon as I get everything sorted.
    blah blah blah = blah^3

Thanks
    Karma Level

You did better than my friend Dondes in Norway then, he had to telephone them for a tracking no. after he didn't receive anything.

I would like your full review submitting to the www.adr-uk.com website when you've got it up and running and tested with some games etc.

We were contacted by Xodus developers to affiliate them over at ADR but we're still waiting for the sample they said they'd send.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, I'll do a small review here, and if you are really interested I'll go much more indepth.

To say that installing the Xodus is extremely easy, is an understatement.

I ordered my chip of ***********, no problems whatsoever, although I have heard differently from others. What came in the package was the chip, the programmer, a washer and a piece of scotch tape : .

Programming was no problem, I plugged the chip into the programmer, then the programmer directly into the back of the laptop. The actual flashing was with Xodus's flashing software, WinLPC http://www.xodus-chip.com/download.html, it looks like it is just wmilk with bios splitting to 256k implemented.

I used a SuperFr0 bios (256 k evo2.5 error screen no animation etc.) so I did not test the auto bios splitting function of WinLPC, but I'll assume it works correctly as I have not heard any complaints yet. Flashing and verifying took a bit, I forgot to time it, but nothing went wrong so I have no complaints.

Disassembly of the Xbox was a breeze, I used http://www.xboxinside.co.uk and http://www.xodus-chip.com/installationmanual.html for reference. Use xboxinside for indepth detail on removing the components, but stop after it tells you how to take the dvd tray out, the rest is for Enigmah/Xtender. There were no problems for me on disassembly, torx 10 and 20 with magnetic tips were a huge help I might add.

Actual installation of the Xodus was fairly straightforward. You should see the Nvidia chip and right next to that is the installation point. It's almost impossible to install the chip the wrong way, as the pcb as fitted so it fits perfectly to the case. Xodus_Team recommends you tape the washer down but there really is no need, just unscrew the screw, put it in the chip, put the washer under that and put the chip in.

When looking through the alignment holes I used a small flashlight to see the points a, b, and c (this is reference to http://www.xodus-chip.com/installationmanual.html). It took me 4 trys to get it on just right. I recommend that most pressure be applied to the top pogo pin and the other 9 pogos, you should "feel" it when they are in the right spot and have been pushed it. Also do not tighten the chip too much as that will also cause it not to align (note: remember to keep your av plug connected on the xbox side, otherwise your xbox eject light will flash orange). I have heard that some people do not get a green light, that's probably because they didn't have their dip switchs set to test, when I set it to mode 4 they turned orange, when I had it on mode 1 (test) they flashed green.

After assembling the xbox again I tested it with Evolution X and RIOT's Shikigami no Shiro, both on cd-rw Memorex Platinum 650 mb. Both booted no problem. I then burnt Project X Tony Hawk 4 on HP DVD+RW, I received a dirty disk error. I will revise the review after I try different media or add another dvd rom on.

So in conclusion the Xodus is extremely easy to install, and has everything you need, but it is the most expensive chip out and sold by not the most reputable company.

If anyone has any questions please reply, I will revise the review as I'm sure I didn't cover everything.
    blah blah blah = blah^3