Close

Thread: One for ABCMan!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default One for ABCMan!

Here's one for you ABC, link coutesy of Xbox-Scene.

http://www.icrontic.com/modules.php?...tid=111&page=1
    Go shagging in Prague or live it large in Vegas !!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yea i seen/Read this not realy happy with some of the things in here i think hes missinformed.
    Last edited by gooch; 21st October 2002 at 08:52 PM.
    Not quite sure what the hell im talking about..Just nod and i mite shut up......

Thanks
    Karma Level

xbox is loosing but i think 2003 is looking good for it, all these new games coming out, col mcrae 3/splinter cell and such.. + most xbox versions of games beat the ps2 ones hands down

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can't resist this one:

http://maddox.xmission.com/xbox_suckit.html

And yes I have got an XBox but how funny are these
    Go shagging in Prague or live it large in Vegas !!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Ho dear me this is totaly buggered up.
    Not quite sure what the hell im talking about..Just nod and i mite shut up......

ABCMan

Well, the first one is certainly accurate, the second however is a complete loon, however i hate myself because i have to agree with most of what he says.

all this reminds me of the ill fated sinclair pc 200 if anyone remembers that, it was a pc that was supposed to be a games machine that plugged into your television, it was big made from black plastic, it had a keyboard and a truely amazing CGA adaptor that provided a low res tv out (max 640x480 in 2 colours or 320x240 at 4 colours (2 fixed palletes)) it had a 3.5 inch floppy drive and the option to add a hard drive (on an isa card) however you couldnt close the lid if you fitted any pc cards as the case wasnt deep enough to hold them .

lets see

big .... yes
    black...yes
    pc pretending to be a games machine..... yes
    supposed to be more technicaly advanced than current games consoles..... yes
    crap games..... yes
    total failure..... yes

well i guess the xbox isn't the first to follow the "its not a pc honestly" route after all, lets just hope its the last.

i'm sorry guys, you know i have 2 of these things, but i still struggle to find something about them i like that hasnt been coded by people who m$ would say were criminals. Homebrew is supposed to be people showing that they can do the odd thing with a bit of code, not the entire backbone of a system, on every other system EVER homebrew/pd/freeware has been the reserve of demos, emulators and simple coding projects but on the xbox its the homebrew that is driving the system with dvdx2, evox, xbox media player and the emulators. its just not right

Thanks
    Karma Level

The Xbox is like the Hummy 5400..a hackers/modders dream.

Unfortunately for MS, they dont make a nice slice of cake with every Xbox sold...MS are probably the only company with the ability to sustain the Xbox.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Whats wrong with it being a Pc dressed up as a games machine?

In my opinion a fully modded Xbox has got all the good points of having a PC hooked up to your TV for games and movies and none of the bad points.

1. Cost. Xbox + ModChip + 80Gb HDD = £265. PC with adequate hardware = £700+

2. Bootup speed. Xbox = 30 secs, PC = 2 minutes.

3. TV Output. Xbox = Plug & Go (Great Picture), PC = Driver problems, Resolution problems and Black bars around picture

4. Controllers. Xbox = All in one controller (Ugly tho). PC = Mouse and Keyboard (Impractical for playing games while lying on the sofa)

I wont get into weather the Xbox is better than the PS2 or the Gamecube but i much prefer old style emulated games such as Gauntlet 2, Golden axe, R-Type and Scramble that didn't have brilliant graphics and sound, Lots of the Games out at the moment get so boring after 30 minutes cos they have Great Graphics but NO playability (Excluding GTA3).

In my opinion the Xbox has so much more to offer than any of the other consoles, ABCMan is probably right that its the Homebrew things that are driving the system and without them it would be near enough dead. But the fact is they are there and thats what makes the Xbox better in my opinion than any other Console style system available at the moment but only for the Diversity of the machine due to the non-Microsoft modifications available.

Gimp

Thanks
    Karma Level

Unfortunately the posts I made about this are lost after the crash and I cant be arsed to type them all again but needless to say I totally convinced ABCman to give up on the GC and buy another 5 Xboxes. So exspect to see Pro Xbox posts from him from now on. I on the other hand will be buying a GC after his replys.

Cheers
    Ironman

ABCMan

Originally posted by fe_man2000
    Unfortunately the posts I made about this are lost after the crash and I cant be arsed to type them all again but needless to say I totally convinced ABCman to give up on the GC and buy another 5 Xboxes. So exspect to see Pro Xbox posts from him from now on. I on the other hand will be buying a GC after his replys.

Cheers
    Ironman

lol

But i might have to upgrade my modchips

Social Networking Bookmarks