Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default yourbatteries.co.uk

regarding an earlier post about a free sample battery when you register with the site. I put an order in and got my free battery but just recieved this e-mail. You can't help but feel sorry for him

Oh dear!

It appears that I owe quite a few of you an apology and now have to do a bit of an Estelle Morris!

As you are aware we offer free samples to those who register with us, however after being featured on a freebie website, we were completely submerged by requests and try as I might I could not keep up - tragically I'm only human and neither myself nor my system was at that time up to the job and it all began to creak and groan meaning that regrettably quite a number of you didn't receive samples as promised.

After doing an e-mailshot recently I got several emails back along the lines of "why should I buy from you when you don't send samples as promised?" and to be quite honest if you sent one of these I can't blame you but unfortunately in many cases the data is now lost and I cannot now do anything.

I want to build a business and not rack (potential) customers off from day 1 so rather than just ignore these comments I've decided to do something so I'm giving you a choice of personal offer codes which will entitle you to enhanced gifts when you place a battery order - instead of a single sample cell, you can choose from a pack of 4 AAA, 4 AA or 2 Rechargeable AA cells with ANY battery order in the next month!

All you have to do is to enter the promotion code on the order form and your chosen goods will be supplied free of charge with your main order - please don't forget the code - without it you will not recieve your fre gift!

For a free pack of 4 * AA Alkaline Ultra cell use code XXXX
    For a free pack of 4 * AAA Alkaline Ultra cells use code XXXX

For a free twin pack of 1300MaH MiMH cells use code XXXX

I've got to emphasise that although we did miss out around 800 sample requests, we did eventually send out over 5500 samples and even when it felt as though the whole world was collapsing around me, every paid for order was still despatched on the day of receipt.

I hope my humble pie was tasty enough - I'm really sorry if you were affected and hope that you will feel able to try shopping with us one day.

Regards,

Richard Cockayne

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol i sent off for that the battery is in front of me. poor bloke i might actually buy from him in future now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

damn he sent out over 5500 by himself? ive got my free sample sittin infront of me too. poor guy... i wonder if he could afford to send out that many free samples knowing the majority of the people he was sending em too wouldnt order from him ever again

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol just tried to order there 1800mah recharger with batteries and getting a server error on the checkout :rollyeyes:
    Photography: Nikon D50 - 18-55mm, 70-300mm, 105mm Macro, 2 x 2gb SD Cards, Jessops Tripod, LowePro Rucksack

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

bugger i only needed one more to make my set of 4 nimh batteries up
    oh well looks like i'l have to buy something then

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fair play to the guy, even when it looked as thouh things were going tits up, he was still sending out the free batteries. It makes a change from internet suppliers walking away from their committments, after being 'outed' on a freebie website.

He's got my business now!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah the poor fella , Im gonna buy from him now after recieving that email . I sent off for a sample and 2 batteries arrived on seperate occassions . Give him his due he has honoured every submission for a battery . ( I sent some to a mates house aswell )

You seen what he's doing because he feels bad he's let people down? He's offering them free batteries with every order What a guy.

Social Networking Bookmarks