Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Can't play UT2003 or Army Ops

Here are my machine specs:

AMD Athlon XP 1700+
    320 MB RAM (385mb - 64mb for graphics card)
    64MB Onboard graphics card (I know, please don't take the p!ss)
    40 GB HD
    Windows XP SP1

When I try and run UT2003 DEMO I get this error:

"You have triggered a bug in the DirectX 8.1 runtime. Please install DirectX 8.1b (or later) for a fix. See release notes for instructions on how to obtain it."

I have windows XP SP1 so I believe I already have DirectX 8.1b . This error occurs as soon as I double-click the UT2003 icon. I have tried to run the game in safe mode with the same result though.
    When I try to play the America's Army Operations game (the free one from americasarmy.com ) I get this error:

"General protection fault!

History: FD3DRenderInterface:rawPrimitive <- RenderStaticMesh <- FDynamicActor::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FCameraSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine:raw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop"

However, I can load the menu up. When I go to training this error occurs. There must be something wrong with my graphics set up then, surely? Any help would be most appreciatted. Cheers,
    Sam

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

try d/l and installin dx8.1b n e way i ave a few faults like that and says install 8.1b but i allready got it so go fig? try installin it n e way

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

Thanks
    Karma Level

Regarding the Subject 'Can't Play UT2003 or Army Ops' Neither can I. Don't know about army ops as I don't have it, but UT2003 - what a bugger, especially on multiplayer! I just get shot to bits, some people don't even give me a chance to respawn before blowing my head off. Most unfair!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Can't play UT2003 or Army Ops

Originally posted by Sam_41

"General protection fault!

History: FD3DRenderInterface:rawPrimitive <- RenderStaticMesh <- FDynamicActor::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FCameraSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine:raw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop"

Looks like the american operations also uses the unreal engine. I llok into this, but my bet is that you dig out a game that has the directx 8.1 in it and install it a second time.. heard people had probs with the SP1 and DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES install that 8.1b that comes with UT2K3... heard lots of probs with that.

Take a trip to the infogrames board and check if u can find any info there. Atleast I got my Unreal 2003 running with the support of the members there and if youre lucky, you get a reply straight from the guys who works with the game.

- - - - - - - - -

edit its down atm, lol.. nice stuff, but when its back online take this link : Infogrames and check it out

Yerkov69
    "Still waiting for a fix to the game, mem leak is bugger when running a server..."

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks for the help guys, if you hear anything else please let me know.....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep

Got some news for you if you wanna try it out...

quoting Doc Holliday from the BFE board :

This download contains DirectX 8.1b plus some DirectPlay fixes related to performance and connectivity issues exhibited with some online multiplayer game titles. This release of DirectX is not recommended for general installation. You should only consider installing this release if you have an online gaming problem that has been identified as being fixed with DirectX 8.2. This version of DirectX can replace all previous released versions of DirectX.

Version - 8.2
    Release Date - 27 Sep 2002
    Estimated Download Size/Time @28.8 - 28,325,976 kb / 2237h 27min
    System Requirements:

The DirectX 8.2 release supports Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000 and Windows XP. The DirectX installation process requires approximately 60 megabytes (MB) of free space on your hard drive. Once installed, you can delete the installation files. The remaining DirectX files use approximately 16 MB of hard drive space. If you had an earlier version of DirectX installed on your computer, you will see little difference in used space on your hard drive. DirectX 8.2 will overwrite the earlier versions.

Note: After installation, the DirectX 8.2 runtime cannot be removed (uninstalled). The installation process changes core components and makes numerous registry changes within your operating system. Microsoft does not support un-installation.

Operating System - Windows 98 & 2000 & Windows Me, Win XP
    Download from here : DirectX 8.2

And there is the official patch for UT2K3 out aswell...

Get it from here : UT2K3 patch v21.26

Fixes the HUD and other cool stuff in it, lol.. binding taunts to one keypress and sheite like that... make sure you have the legit version though.. no crack out yet to support this one

Yerkov69
    "Ahh, lookin good this game it is..."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yerkov69- thanks a lot mate, this has fixed the problem and it is now working perfectly! I managed to find a cd crack (check out megagames) for the patch and I am kicking ass on UT2003 right now.
    Thanks a lot mate, you've been a great help. Cheers,

Sam

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by coogy
    Regarding the Subject 'Can't Play UT2003 or Army Ops' Neither can I. Don't know about army ops as I don't have it, but UT2003 - what a bugger, especially on multiplayer! I just get shot to bits, some people don't even give me a chance to respawn before blowing my head off. Most unfair!

u sure thats not me doign that (god i miss ut2k3 i want to go home!)

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol, quite possibly. You and many others!