Close

Thread: French Bangers

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

French Bangers

I remember back in my school trip days to calais, I used to bring these back with me.
    Thinking about it now, they would be ace for Nov5th and New Years day.

Anyone know if you can still get them over there? I think you may be prohibited from bringing them over here now though.

What could you expect if these are found in your bag by customs nowadays? A slapped wrist and confiscation? Worth the risk?
    Last edited by ZX7R; 30th October 2002 at 11:08 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

last time i went to france this time last year on a ski holiday they were still on general sale and f*cking good fun they are too!
    i bought about 10 big ones back last year and didn't get stopped, as they don't show up on the x-ray machine, so as long ou don't have anything metal or suspicious in your case you should be fine
    "The British Secret Service was staffed at one point almost entirely by alcoholic homosexuals working for the KGB."
    Clive James

Thanks
    Karma Level

can't they see non-metal things on x-rays? i think it's best if you dont put them in your hand luggage at least because they can see everything inside that. If you're on a coach/in a car it's fine.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I bring back a good few of these when I go over (got quite a stock pile now lol) Tho saying that they are illegal since 1997 here. Normally if u get found with just a few they will just take um off ya and thats that. I used to import boxs of these things and sell them on..but got found out once with a pakage of firecrackers from the US and got "told off" and according to customs if I do it again I get a fine or chucked in jail...also got a visit from the police about making and selling explosives wooops...tho was only 15 or so at the time so go let off :-)

If anyones up for bringing a lorry load back ill be interested :-D
    Photography: Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, Canon BG-E2N Grip, Canon BG-E3 Grip, Canon 18-55mm EF, Canon 17-85mm IS USM, Sigma 70-300mm Macro, Canon 70-200mm F4 L + Tripod Mount, Sigma DG SUPER Flash.

Thanks
    Karma Level

not a good time to bring stuff like that back since sept 11th

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

well I'm off over there for a shopping trip in a couple of weeks time. I'll see what I can find

Robbie Vox

[i]Q: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    A: A woodchuck would chuck no amount of wood since a woodchuck can't chuck wood.

Q: But if a woodchuck could chuck and would chuck some amount of wood, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck?
    A: Even if a woodchuck could chuck wood and even if a woodchuck would chuck wood, should a wood chuck chuck wood?

Q: A woodchuck should chuck if a woodchuck could chuck, as long as a woodchuck would chuck wood.
    A: Oh, shut up! [/B]
    Excellent good old monkey island ................................