We know you've got questions, and if you're brave enough to ask the world for answers, here's the outlet to do so. This week's Ask Engadget question is coming to us from Anthony, who is looking for an external battery pack to keep his laptop humming through those 21-hour T / TH marathon days. If you're looking to send in an inquiry of your own, drop us a line at ask [at] engadget [dawt] com.
"I'm going off to college soon. I have a new HP TM2. Obviously the 9 hour battery life isn't realistic, and I would like the fabled "full day computing" experience. I do have a second battery, but it's awkward to charge both batteries, the shape doesn't fit into my bag well, and I have to hibernate to switch (which introduces some wonkiness to some programs). I'm looking into external batteries which provide power to the DC input of my laptop (18.5V, but 19V will work too). It would preferably be approximately 9- to 13-inches diagonally to fit into my bookbag and / or laptop bag, and not ridiculously thick. USB charging would be a definite plus too, but not required."
For Mac owners asking a similar question, we can personally attest to the greatness of the HyperMac, but we'll be looking to the collective brain of our dear readers to help on Anthony. Go on and toss your suggestion down in comments -- you wouldn't want poor Anthony running out of juice during his first Biology lab, now would you?Ask Engadget: best external laptop battery? originally appeared on Engadget on Fri, 30 Apr 2010 01:52:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | | Email this | Comments