Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Orange and T-Mobile choose new name

Orange and T-Mobile choose new name

UK mobile operators Orange and T-Mobile have braved ridicule with the new name for their merged business which will be known as 'Everything Everywhere' from 1 July.
    The name - thought up by ad agency Saatchi & Saatchi - won't affect the brands themselves, which will continue under their current separate names, so the chances are that few consumers will ever hear of the company.

With combined customer base of 30 million people across mobile, fixed and broadband services, Everythign Everywhere will expand Wi-Fi hotspots across the UK as well as opening more retail stores. Cuts in staff haven't been mentioned but are one of the reasons for merging in the first place so look inevitable.
    The pair were cleared to merge by competition authorities in March.
    "We are Everything Everywhere - it's our name, our vision, and our ambition - and we run two of the UK's biggest brands Orange and T-Mobile. It's our vision to give our customers instant access to everything everywhere, opening up a world of endless possibilities," gushed the company's new chief executive, Tom Alexander.
    Stand back and the joint venture company is itself a join venture between the two companies that own Orange (France Telecom) and T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom), born of a concern that the brands were losing ground to rivals.
    Once the premier independent mobile network, Orange has lost its reputation for sophistication amidst a welter of cheap-looking mobile handsets and troubled broadband. The company has also changed tack on that front, throwing in its unbundled network with BT's 21CN system.
    T-Mobile, meanwhile, was poorly diversified, and was stuck in firmly fourth place in the UK mobile scene, possibly fifth if the innovative upstart network 3 is included.
    Is this was a marriage then it might be characterised as between a rather plain couple with conservative, penny-pinching parents on both sides.
    source:http://www.macworld.co.uk/business/n...NewsID=3223276
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Orange and T-Mobile choose new name

what a daft name
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Orange and T-Mobile choose new name

The way I've always looked at it for my personal lines is if I'm ready to pay decent money for a decent service you go to voda, maybe o2. If you wanna pay nothing and are prepared for the loss of quality, t mobile used to win but now it's three. Can't really see any reason I'd want to use t mobile/orange.

At work we just renewed contract with orange, I was really hoping we would move to voda but the price was the best out of the 4 networks by far (3 didn't even want to come in and talk).

Will be interesting to see how this merger pans out.