Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Tonights internationals

Well done England, always nice to finish your home friendlies with a win...

as for Portugal tonight, 0-0 against Cape Verde Islands.

Ronaldo, Deco, Alves, Nani, Tiago.... not one of them could score past Fock, the Cape Verde keeper.

The other teams in their group must be pissing themselves. Brazil and Ivory Coast are going through in that one now I reckon.

USA play Czech Republic on Weds, will be interested to see what they do against decent opposition.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Tonights internationals

Thought the match showed up quite a few flaws actually. Against a better strikeforce we would have been level or worse at half time, so lets not get too excited. Thought the defensive duo of King and Ferdinand simply did not work. Whether this was because of the midfield ahead of them playing an unfamiliar role I don't know, but England looked ropey in the first half. I have to say this, and people, you can note this down for posterity, but England looked a lot more stable when Carragher came on and replaced Rio. Thought Baines made a really good case for Capello having a chat with Bridge, thank fuck Ashley is fit. Johnson - well I agreed with Southgate for once, MOTM for me, stunning goal, absolutely stunning.

Midfield - Milner looked like he was out of position, Carrick looked like he was out of form. Gerrard looks like he's finding his form just in time, Walcott I thought did ok, Lennon looked better though! Right Wing is sorted for me, no place for SWP in the 23. Rooney didn't do anything special, but for me, the most important question of the night is this.

How the fuck did Crouch not even head that!!!!

Still, happy with the win. Its good a team can play relatively poorly and win comfortably.