Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default interesting review of Metroid Prime

http://cube.ign.com/articles/376/376769p1.html

u've gotta read it, i've just ordered my copy

Thanks
    Karma Level

who did you order with - I'm also looking to pre-order this one.

Having a look through a couple of links I come up with just under £30 delivered from dvdboxoffice, £44 (delivered) from kingcube and £50 (ex. del) from goblin. It will probably appear in my local import store for £55.

From personal experience, and from reading around a bit I'm guessing that the expense correlates directly to the speed of delivery.

Anyway - who's likely to be getting this through their letterboxes first, and how much are you paying for the priviledge?

And 'NO' - I'm not waiting till March

Thanks
    Karma Level

Arg, cannot download any of the movies!@#! Looks damn good though!!
    Try Gentoo, the linux source distro...
    Currently Playing: Viewtifull Joe (GC), Mario Kart : Double Dash (GC), Mario & Luigi Superstars (GBA).

Thanks
    Karma Level

That does indeed sounds tremendous, gamecube was in dire need of a new must-have release and looks like metroid is the way, can't way to get my greasy mitts on this one.

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk for all your quadcopter, actioncam + rc needs :)

flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/_Belial/ (SFW) http://www.flickr.com/photos/_carljones/ (NSFW)
    psn / xbl / WiiU : rhwbanz

Thanks
    Karma Level

i guess i have a reason to buy a gc now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

actually ordered mine through ebay as a presell lol
    cost me £33

Thanks
    Karma Level

IGN METROID PRIME REVIEW!

Closing Comments

Metroid on the NES was one of the first epic games I ever experienced. My brother and I, at the age of about seven, spent weeks and months questing through the password- enabled adventure. It had a certain charm to it, and even if I couldn't describe it then it made an impact on me. Then along came Super Metroid in 1994, and I was totally blown away by how brilliant it was. It was a perfect videogame in my mind. It was edgy, home to a fantastic power-up system, full of awesome bosses, and the gameplay style was a soul mate to me.

Needless to say, I have an unhealthy obsession with the franchise. So, when Metroid Prime was finally announced I was both thrilled and frightened to see how it would turn out. But after several years of very hard work, Retro Studios and Nintendo have translated the same genius of Super Metroid into 3D with very few casualties. Because of that, Metroid Prime has not only become my most beloved title on GameCube, but also one of my most treasured games of all time. I'm not sure where I place it, but it's very high on the list.

If I had to make one personal observation, it would be that the change to first-person perspective was brilliant for its move to 3D, but not perfect. I felt comfortable (even in awe) 90% of the time, but there are a few boss fights where it can frustrate. It's extremely rare, but something you should be aware of going into it. It's nothing that sours the overall quality, though.

That said, I would recommend Metroid Prime as an absolute buy -- skip the renting facade -- for every owner of a GameCube. It's a real collector's item. You'll want to keep this one even after your done spending 30+ hours with it. The only reason one would avoid it is if action/adventures are not part of your narrower taste in games. If you fall into that category, you have no idea what you're missing out on.

Metroid Prime is an instant classic that you will use to measure forthcoming software by.

-- Fran Mirabella III

Presentation
    Metroid reborn in 3D, and an impressive sci-fi fantasy to boot. Awesome menus. Design is great from concept to execut1on. Few games are this polished.

Graphics
    A stunning art vision that deserves major recognition, jaw-dropping world architecture, and volumes of pretty textures. At 60 fps with progressive scan support, there are few that compare.

Sound
    The original Nintendo composer delivers another opus and fantastically designed sound effects compliment the mood with Dolby Pro Logic II support.

Gameplay
    A true masterpiece; an accomplishment that will be recognized for years. It is Super Metroid in 3D, and it's as complex and wonderful as any gamer could want. Any self-respecting gamer must own it.

Lasting Appeal
    30+ hours to average completion. Requires much longer to earn 100%. Unlock art galleries, difficulty settings, and connect to GBA for extras. No multiplayer, but like Zelda, do we need it?

OVERALL SCORE (not an average)
    OMG...... IGN: 9.8!!! :shock: :shock:

Gamers.com Metroid Prime cijfer: 10

"An absolute masterpiece, a modern classic, and probably the most fun I've ever had playing a videogame. "

"The amount of time, skill, and dedication that obviously went into crafting and polishing this game just completely blows my mind. Videogames, regardless of what system they are for, just aren't supposed to sound this good, look this detailed, be this large in scope and this fun to play all at the same time; it's like the best title from six years in the future fell through a time warp."
    source

OMG...... Gamers.com: 10!!! :shock: :shock:
    Last edited by [FrEEzEr]; 11th November 2002 at 11:32 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

/me runs to ebay to try to find some cheap pre-sells

lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have paid 120 euro for it but it is A VERY COOL GAME
    (Live in Holland Import)
    The person formaly known as He@! ;)