Close

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: '16 Killed As Israel Storms Aid Convoy'

Some people have extremely short memories !

This is what happened to the efforts of the UN and aid only a week ago in Gaza by their own people.

UN camp for Gaza children torched

Page last updated at 11:35 GMT, Sunday, 23 May 2010 12:35 UK

Tens of thousands of Gaza children are due to attend camp sessions

Masked gunmen have attacked a UN summer camp being set up for children in the Gaza Strip, UN officials say.

The attackers burned tents and destroyed other equipment after tying up a guard.
    They also left a letter threatening the head of the UN Relief and Works Agency (Unrwa), John Ging.

No group has claimed the overnight raid, but observers suspect it is the work of Islamic extremists opposed to such camps for boys and girls.

"The armed men torched the camp, which contained recreational equipment and (plastic) swimming pools, and completely destroyed it," Unrwa spokesman Abu Hasna told journalists.

The camp, due to open next month, is one of dozens of beach facilities set up by the UN offering a summer programme of arts, sport and other activities for some quarter of a milllion children in the Gaza Strip.

Representatives of the Hamas government condemned the attack and said those responsible would be found.

Unrwa chief John Ging said the agency "would not be intimidated by such attacks".
    He pledged the summer camp would take place as planned.
    Mr Ging said there was "no doubt in my mind that it is vandalism linked to a certain degree of extremism. It is an attack on the happiness of children."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...t/10143791.stm

Thanks
    Karma Level

What will it take for the world to realise that Isreal are the most dangerous terrorists out there, they make Al Qaeda look like a bunch of schoolkids with a catapult.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    Some people have extremely short memories !

This is what happened to the efforts of the UN and aid only a week ago in Gaza by their own people.

UN camp for Gaza children torched

Page last updated at 11:35 GMT, Sunday, 23 May 2010 12:35 UK

Tens of thousands of Gaza children are due to attend camp sessions

Masked gunmen have attacked a UN summer camp being set up for children in the Gaza Strip, UN officials say.

The attackers burned tents and destroyed other equipment after tying up a guard.
    They also left a letter threatening the head of the UN Relief and Works Agency (Unrwa), John Ging.

No group has claimed the overnight raid, but observers suspect it is the work of Islamic extremists opposed to such camps for boys and girls.

"The armed men torched the camp, which contained recreational equipment and (plastic) swimming pools, and completely destroyed it," Unrwa spokesman Abu Hasna told journalists.

The camp, due to open next month, is one of dozens of beach facilities set up by the UN offering a summer programme of arts, sport and other activities for some quarter of a milllion children in the Gaza Strip.

Representatives of the Hamas government condemned the attack and said those responsible would be found.

Unrwa chief John Ging said the agency "would not be intimidated by such attacks".
    He pledged the summer camp would take place as planned.
    Mr Ging said there was "no doubt in my mind that it is vandalism linked to a certain degree of extremism. It is an attack on the happiness of children."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...t/10143791.stm
    wot about the 1500 killed by israel last year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you want me to put up pictures from my last visit there to show you israeli kindness
    and how they help children in gaza
    get a grip of reality put your copy of mein kampf and the SUN down

these people where in INTERNATIONAL WATERS FLYING A WHITE FLAG !!!!!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/me...ex.html?hpt=T1

U.N. Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process, Robert Serry.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• United Nations calls for Israel to end "counterproductive and unacceptable blockade of Gaza"
    • British Foreign Office seeking "urgent clarification" into the incident
    • Raid strongly condemned by Palestinian authorities

RELATED TOPICS

(CNN) -- The United Nations said it is shocked at the loss of life during the Israeli military pre-dawn raid on a flotilla of six ships carrying aid for the Palestinian territory of Gaza.
    The U.N. has urged Israel to take no further steps that could endanger civilian lives.
    "We wish to make clear that such tragedies are entirely avoidable if Israel heeds the repeated calls of the international community to end its counterproductive and unacceptable blockade of Gaza," said a joint statement from Robert Serry, U.N. Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process and Filippo Grandi, Commissioner-General of the U.N. Relief and Works Agency.
    The British Foreign Office said it was seeking "urgent clarification" into the incident, while the Swedish foreign ministry summoned Israel's ambassador, a spokeswoman said.
    According to CNN affiliate TV4, 11 Swedes are among the activists traveling aboard the ships.
    Greece summoned the Israeli ambassador in Athens to demand a report on the safety of Greek passengers aboard the flotilla.

Video: Spokeswoman: We were bringing aid

Video: 'Israel regrets loss of life'

Video: 'It's outrageous'
    After the meeting, the Greek foreign ministry said that the visit of the Israeli Joint Chiefs -- scheduled for Tuesday -- is being postponed, and that the Greek-Israeli military exercise that was in progress has been discontinued. A Greek foreign affairs ministry official could not say how many Greeks were aboard the six ships.
    The Turkish foreign ministry summoned the Israeli ambassador for an explanation. "This grave incident which took place in high seas in gross violation of international law might cause irreversible consequences in our relations," the ministry said in a statement.
    Protests continued Monday outside the Israeli embassy in Istanbul. The protests, which began on Sunday, were largely peaceful, but police did use water cannons at one point to keep demonstrators at bay.
    Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri said the raid will inflame the region.
    "Lebanon strongly condemns this attack and calls on the international community, and specifically on the major countries which are supposed to be responsible about the peace process, to take action in order to stop this continuous violation of human rights, which is putting the international peace at risk," Hariri said.
    Pakistan said it was concerned about the well-being and whereabouts of two journalists who were aboard the flotilla.
    "The Government of Pakistan strongly condemns the use of brazen force by Israel against a humanitarian Mission that was embarked on delivering humanitarian aid to the Palestinian people in Gaza," the country's foreign ministry said.
    "The killing of members of this humanitarian mission, which also included women, is brutal, inhuman and constitutes a flagrant violation of international law and norms."
    Earlier, Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad said there was no excuse for an attack "by armed forces on a humanitarian convoy."
    "The Palestinian government strongly condemns this crime, which portrays, once again, Israeli disrespect for the lives of innocent civilians, and its disrespect for international law," Fayyad said.
    Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has called for three days of mourning in the Palestinian territories, while Saeb Erekat, the chief Palestinian negotiator said the attack was "on civilians who came from all over the world peacefully with wheelchairs and food supplies and medical supplies."
    Sami Abu Zuhri, a spokesman for Hamas, said: "The Israeli occupation tries to deny this massacre by saying that the activists on the boat are from Hamas and Muslim brotherhood and this is a lying campaign, because the activists are international activists and between them are parliament members of western countries and know international peace activists."

AND THATS CNN !!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Agent47 View Post
    Fucking hate Israel, those scum can do what they want. Sooner its nuked to fuck the better for the sake of the Middle East.
    Very objective of you, thanks for your constructive contribution to the debate.
    As stupid as Agent's comment sounds, is it any more absurd than our "war on terror"? In fact, if we actually genuinely are engaged in a war against terror, that could be one of the most effective options, but that would involve killing people of the wrong skin colour/religion.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rudey the pictures you posted in particular 5 and 6 show the guy I saw on film on Al Jazeera brandishing two iron bars.

In these pictures it's not as clear but you can still see one of them.

and just for the record

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKOmLP4yHb4

You may also want to take a look at the weapons the Israeli's hold in the video clips circulating the media.

The vast majority show them only carrying tear gas grenade launchers (see thickness of barrels) and hand guns (pistols as a last resort second weapon)

Israeli sources are claiming two of their soldiers have ended up in hospital with gun shot wounds. I make the assumption they didn't shoot themselves so some people on the boats must have been armed.
    Last edited by 4me2; 31st May 2010 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

doubt very much they were shot by people on boats unless they were shot by their OWN soilders
    on crowded ships they have used tear gas and then SHOT people !!!!
    if there is weapons then the israelis would have planted them simple as that ( after the passport fiasco in dubai and many many occasions that israeli terrorist organisations of which most of the present goverment of israel have belonged to i dont believe them !!!)

as your self this question had this occured in the uk what would ou police force army had done !!!
    i can pretty much guarantee you that they would have looked to save lives not KILL ....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by rudey View Post
    doubt very much they were shot by people on boats unless they were shot by their OWN soilders
    on crowded ships they have used tear gas and then SHOT people !!!!
    if there is weapons then the israelis would have planted them simple as that ( after the passport fiasco in dubai and many many occasions that israeli terrorist organisations of which most of the present goverment of israel have belonged to i dont believe them !!!)

as your self this question had this occured in the uk what would ou police force army had done !!!
    i can pretty much guarantee you that they would have looked to save lives not KILL ....

Utter bollox in my view.

If they had looked to kill there would have been vastly many more deaths believe me.

There was only trouble on one boat and that being

Ashkenazi noted that the Mavi Marmara, the only ship on which violence took place, was different than the other five ships of the flotilla. He said that five ships carried humanitarians and peace activists but the Mavi Marmara was sponsored by the extremist organization the IHH and those aboard acted in "extreme violence."
    There was no violence at all on the other five ships.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

"Armada of Hate"

Turkey needs to be bold now come on fellas do the honourable thing

I hope the world is nuked one day!!
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

Thanks
    Karma Level

Israeli commandos describe initial moments of raid

Rami Amichai
    ABOARD INS KIDON
    Mon May 31, 2010 1:57pm BST

ABOARD INS KIDON Mediterranean Sea (Reuters) - Israeli commandos who raided a Gaza aid ship on Monday were set upon by activists with knives and clubs and some troops jumped overboard to savethemselves , according to an Israeli account.

World

Israel said commandos opened fire in self-defence and 10 activists were killed and seven troops wounded. With Israel jamming signals and censoring media, there was little independent reporting of the events at sea.

An Israeli military spokesman said some of the commandos were equipped with paintball guns but the non-lethal weapons were not enough against activists who charged in with batons.

"They had pistols with live ammunition as back-up, to defend themselves," he said.
    One of the commandos told reporters he descended by rope from a helicopter onto one of the six ships in the convoy and was immediately attacked by a group of people waiting for them.

"They beat us with metal sticks and knives," he said. "There was live fire at some point against us."

A Reuters cameraman on the Israeli navy ship Kidon close to the six-vessel aid convoy said commanders monitoring the operation were surprised by the strong resistance put up by the pro-Palestinian activists.

One of the commandos said some of the soldiers were stripped of their helmets and equipment and a number were tossed from the top deck to a lower deck and then leapt into the sea to save themselves.

"They jumped me, hit me with clubs and bottles and stole my rifle," one of the commandos said. "I pulled out my pistol and had no choice but to shoot."

(Writing by Jeffrey Heller, Editing by Angus MacSwan)

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE64U28B20100531

Thanks
    Karma Level

Utter bollox in my view.

If they had looked to kill there would have been vastly many more deaths believe me.

you have your own views as usual even though I don't agree with them simply because they always border on right wing extremist but hey we live in a ( nearly) free society and we all have our views so i wont say im right and your wrong

i also admit if they wanted to kill more they could have done even though we DONT at this moment know how many more are dead and injured !!!!

the fact that you keep going on about hamas and you know f*ck all about them only wot you have read in newspapers and on tv shows me your naivety

1.5million people live in gaza they voted in hamas , hamas look after the population it was a democratic vote its their choice they are free and able to think and vote how they like !!
    you dont like they way they think tough sh*t DONT TRY AND PUT PUPPET GOVERNMENTS IN OTHER COUNTRIES IT CAUSES THE PROBLEMS WE HAVE NOW WITH THE DIVIDE AND RULE THEORY !!!

THIS IS THE SINGLE BIGGEST PROBLEM OF THE WORLD WE LIVE IN .....
    IF YOU WANT A WORLD WITHOUT TERROR TAKE AWAY THE BIGGEST AMMUNITION THAT THEY HAVE WHICH IS THE ISRAEL/PALESTINIAN PROBLEM
    THERE HAS BEEN 1000'S OVER U.N RESOLUTIONS HOW MANY HAS ISRAEL THE GREAT FRIEND OF THE WORLD HAVE THE ADHERED TO .........

i would love to sit in a pub / park etc.... and over a nice cold drink solve the worlds problems with you in an afternoon

Thanks
    Karma Level

you have your own views as usual even though I don't agree with them simply because they always border on right wing extremist but hey we live in a ( nearly) free society and we all have our views so i wont say im right and your wrong

i also admit if they wanted to kill more they could have done even though we DONT at this moment know how many more are dead and injured !!!!

the fact that you keep going on about hamas and you know f*ck all about them only wot you have read in newspapers and on tv shows me your naivety

1.5million people live in gaza they voted in hamas , hamas look after the population it was a democratic vote its their choice they are free and able to think and vote how they like !!
    you dont like they way they think tough sh*t DONT TRY AND PUT PUPPET GOVERNMENTS IN OTHER COUNTRIES IT CAUSES THE PROBLEMS WE HAVE NOW WITH THE DIVIDE AND RULE THEORY !!!

THIS IS THE SINGLE BIGGEST PROBLEM OF THE WORLD WE LIVE IN .....
    IF YOU WANT A WORLD WITHOUT TERROR TAKE AWAY THE BIGGEST AMMUNITION THAT THEY HAVE WHICH IS THE ISRAEL/PALESTINIAN PROBLEM
    THERE HAS BEEN 1000'S OVER U.N RESOLUTIONS HOW MANY HAS ISRAEL THE GREAT FRIEND OF THE WORLD HAVE THE ADHERED TO .........

i would love to sit in a pub / park etc.... and over a nice cold drink solve the worlds problems with you in an afternoon

I think you will find I'm more informed than the average Joe on this subject.

The last thing I am is naive believe me.

To be honest pretty much all Islamist countries are under right extremist rule.

Your reasoning is always very tunnel sighted, you seem to always pluck out select pieces that suit your cause rather than achnowledge obvious things staring you at all.

I can argue both sides of the case but chose when it comes to Israel to come down on the Israeli side, why ? because I see time and time again too many people ready to jump in without doing any research at all.

I most certainly don't condone all Israel does by any means, but when I see other Muslims countries condemning them and enciting hatred against them I will always object.

The status quo worldwide seems to be " I am muslim so I must be against Israel and jews"

It's as shallow and narrow minded as Muslims not being allowed to be gay.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...seeker-refugee

Shit like that I cannot support in any shape or form and when it's being carried out by people trying to lecture Israel on human rights then it has zero credibility.

Why are these so called peace activists willing to take money from people who persecute their own because of their sexual orientation, but are only vocal when it comes to Jews ?

The uncomfortable truth is simple , the same tolerance being shown to these gay muslims is also being shown to jews.

Let's have a common enemy to divert attention from the own misgivings of the Islamic religion and things don't need to change.

It's pathetic and has zero credibility to the open minded, but those who like to follow like sheep will do so only too willingly to smokescreen their own prejudices.

My own personal belief is that things will never get better untill we have no need for oil. Untill then the world will carry on pandering to Saudi's and Iran's whims (even behind closed doors) because they are reliant on their resources.

Ban religion and you can do away with the vast majority of evils in the world.

If one man speaks out against hypocrisy and stupidy of religions or even dares speak out against a certain phrophet, half of the planet fires themselves up in fake rage.

It is really sad to think that people are that stupid and can be hearded like that !

Mass hysteria equal to stampedes that occur oh too often at the Haj.

Sadly people en masse are very predictable and easily goaded when given a common course or enemy.

You see it in Britain every time we have high unemployment then racism goes up.

We always have to blame someone else, and the mass media take full advantage of that in Brainwashing the public. The Sun newspaper and the like are the worst for it.

Now they resort to setting people up (honey trap) into situations just so they can take them down. Once again the uncomfortable truth is that this utter shite sells.

It would seem that people in general are not nice at all, but hide behind a facade of morals in public, behind closed doors though all this pretentious shit dissolves.

That's it I'm done for now, untill someone can conter with credible argumentation with no hidden agenda or underlying prejudice.

John 8:7

“Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone"
    and all that bollox etc.
    Last edited by 4me2; 31st May 2010 at 03:39 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Do democratically elected people throw their own Countrymen off building tops in violent takeovers ?

if i claim to be a member of hamas, then does that make me so, or if the media say that i am the most dangerous person on the planet, then does that make me so. you have a classic case of media controlling the minds of the masses, i'm afraid this includes your as well

Your argumentation is totally flawed and has no real substance.

where are the flaws, point them out please so that i can honourably put my hand up and say that i am wrong

Are Israeli gays hanged ?

gays is banned outright in islam, the punishment for gays is is handed out accordingly by nations that follow the shariah law, muslims arent allowed to reveal their private parts to anybody, yet we have to go through airport scanners, we dont have a problem with that, as it is the law of the land, if you break the law of the land you are likley to be punished according to the law of that land.

Hamas terrorise their people and commit attrocities on them on a daily basis.

is there any evidence of this, or have you been watching the mickey mouse media like the rest of us, because there is no concrete evidence of this, you do know what false flag operations re, dont you?

Anyone who doesn't tow their line is branded a collaborator and brutally put down by Hamas.
    where is the evidence to support this, give me names or references of this, not just a report on mickey mouse media, you must have friends or family living in the middle east for you to be so well informed.
    "When i rape you i'll remember to make sure your kneeling facing the television with Fawlty towers on uk gold." - B.I.G.

Thanks
    Karma Level

the lack over there is a balance of power.

Why wont pakistan and india go to war?

because they both have nukes, or a balance of power.

Why didnt America and Russia go to war ?

Because both had nukes, or there was a balance of power.

Why wont Israel Attack Iran, even though it knows Iran possesses nukes ?

balance of power maybe ?

Why is India stirring trouble in Nepal ?

because india is stronger, or there is an imbalance of power.

Why did russia attack georgia ??

Because russia has bigger military, or there is an imbalance of power.

Why is israel comitting crimes against palestinians ?

imbalance of power maybe

The only way to stop this shit overnight is to give the palestinians nukes just like israel, we will see if israel has the balls to do anything, until that happens palestinian families will continue to be slaughtered.
    "When i rape you i'll remember to make sure your kneeling facing the television with Fawlty towers on uk gold." - B.I.G.

Thanks
    Karma Level

when someone who reckons they are more informed than the average joe ?? whoever that is calls muslim countries islamist instead of muslim i know he is a SUN READER for real !!!!

as for siding with israel i have no problem with that either because the media who brainwash you regular want you to believe that , they spend millions on P.R campaigns on a regular basis that sheep like you get more than enough information so when you go on your EDL marches you have enough ammunition backed up by THE SUN THE STAR newspapers

UK government has condemned along with most countries in the world, ( but a mod on this forum still blames the activists for trying to help people in another land regardless of creed and colour )

Thanks
    Karma Level

You may want to get some history books out and read them and not just accept everything put into your head at your local mosque.
    The israelis have never had their backs to the wall, if you are referring to world war II, then those were the jews of europe who suffered, not israelis, I bet you dont even know the purpose of the wars except what you were taught at school and college,

"History is the property of winners" just remember that

Thanks
    Karma Level

UK government has condemned along with most countries in the world, ( but a mod on this forum still blames the activists for trying to help people in another land regardless of creed and colour )
    Irrelevant if he's a Mod or not he's expressing his opinion so better to counter act an argument with information as that sort of comment does nothing to enhance or backup your view.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by the.insane View Post
    where is the evidence to support this, give me names or references of this, not just a report on mickey mouse media, you must have friends or family living in the middle east for you to be so well informed.
    Do you really want me to respond to your shite ?

Are you really that ignorant ?

Do you know any Palestinian's ? Infact stupid from me to ask because if you did you wouldn't post such rubbish.

If you wish to question my statements then at least do some bloody research yourself !

Hint look for the name Mohammed Sweirki !

You may eventually end up here:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c67_1188887407&c=1

Before you question my integrity again maybe you should educate yourself a little.

It was only 3 years ago and all over the media.

Thanks
    Karma Level

when someone who reckons they are more informed than the average joe ?? whoever that is calls muslim countries islamist instead of muslim i know he is a SUN READER for real !!!!

as for siding with israel i have no problem with that either because the media who brainwash you regular want you to believe that , they spend millions on P.R campaigns on a regular basis that sheep like you get more than enough information so when you go on your EDL marches you have enough ammunition backed up by THE SUN THE STAR newspapers

Once again you are spouting rubbish.

I do not go on EDL marches or belong to any affiliation whatsoever and it's a cheap shot to go down than route, it demonstrates your lack of credible argumentation.

Anyone who doesn't share your views must be racist.

Very tolerant and it just demonstrates what I was saying before.

All religions are bollox and especially so when they try to impose their power on the gullible.

Also two hours ago Hague was very reserved in his comments saying only

Mr Hague said: "We have consistently advised against attempting to access Gaza in this way, because of the risks involved.

But now the BBC has bloated that into a whole page.

This leads me to believe that either BBC are making more out of it now or Hague has gone into panic mode. Probably because half the muslim population are currently decending on Downing street in fake rage and mass hysteria again.

Also once again if you actually took the time to read my posts/threads then you would see my sources ( in particular on this thread) are from a very wide spectrum.

Why do you chose to ignore this and try to smear me with being a Sun reader and an EDL member ?

Very cheap shots and they do nothing to enhance your side of the story at all.

Put some effort in if you are going to be so vocal.

Everything is only a Google search away, granted some is a bit hidden but can be found with some effort.

As stated before I certainly don't agree with the majority of what happens in Israel, but some of the collective trash responses here are dire.

Let's see some effort please.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by the.insane View Post
    The israelis have never had their backs to the wall, if you are referring to world war II, then those were the jews of europe who suffered, not israelis, I bet you dont even know the purpose of the wars except what you were taught at school and college,

"History is the property of winners" just remember that
    Are you seriously trying to educate me on History ?

To make sweeping statements like "The Israeli's have never had their back to the wall " is just plain stupid and I can smother that statement without any real effort at all.

Infact, I'm not going to do it all for you instead I'll just throw some years for you to research should wish to put some effort in.

and possibly 1982 could be included.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast