Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Meter Readings Version 2.2*** updated 01/06/2010

Closely monitor your household energy/water usage and the chances are you will SAVE MONEY!
    This easy to use application allows you to track your household utility meters, with support for up to three separate multi-rate tariffs per meter (e.g. day, night ... etc). Once you start entering meter readings, your usage, costs and savings are calculated and your usage or costs are displayed in easy to visualise graphs.
    As featured in the following articles (for links see my support page) ...
    "The 60 Best iPhone Apps", T3 Magazine, February 2010
    "Apps to save you money", The Telegraph, 21st December 2009
    "Weekly top iPhone Apps: Energy consumption management", The Independent, 3rd December 2009
    "Ten of the best ... money-saving iPhone apps", The Guardian, 10th November 2009
    "Best iPhone Apps of 2009: CNET UK's Home Screen Awards", CNET UK, 5th November 2009
    "Top 10 iPhone apps to save you money", The Sunday Times and Times Online, 11th October 2009
    KEY FEATURES
    ✔ Provides tracking of an unlimited number of household utility meters, e.g. electricity, gas and water, across one or multiple properties
    ✔ Configure up to three separate tariffs per meter, useful for electricity tariffs where separate rates can be charged during the day, at night (e.g. economy7) and for control units (e.g. for storage heaters)
    ✔ Each tariff supports a fixed charge and up to twelve stepped rates, where you are charged different amounts the more units you use
    ✔ Easy to use interface allows quick entry of meter readings, as often as you like!
    ✔ Calculates usage and costs for the latest readings period, as well as the savings compared to your average usage
    ✔ Averages are calculated using annual usage, to take seasonal variations into account. If you have not entered a full year of readings, annual usage is estimated based on the entire readings period
    ✔ Supports local currencies depending on your location, with the option to override the default currency per meter
    ✔ Graphs usage or cost per day, week, month, quarter or year, to allow these to be easily visualised
    ✔ Graphs can also be viewed in landscape mode to see more information
    ✔ Readings submitted to your supplier can be selected to allow quick checking of your bills, as well as showing your usage and spending since your last bill and estimating what your next bill will be
    SUPPORT
    There is a link to my support page from iTunes and from the app itself (select the info icon at the bottom right of the main screen). Alternatively, please send me an email and I will do my best to help.
    What's new
    Bug fix release to allow correct entry of readings on meters with more than one tariff.
    Not that many people were affected by this, however if you were you will have to edit your readings to fix this fully. To do this go into your Readings screen and look for any where the date and time are exactly the same (they will be next to each other, presumably at the top). The first one is likely to have the reading for tariff 1 set and tariff 2 will be 0, the second exactly the opposite. You should then edit the earlier copy to enter your tariff 2 reading (select the reading, select the tariff, enter the reading then select Save). Finally delete the later copy (Edit, red button then Delete). Please drop me an email if you are stuck and I can walk you through it.
    On the subject of email, if do you have ANY problems with software you download from the AppStore, don't just leave a bad review, contact the developer directly. We have absolutely no way of contacting reviewers, and in this case it would have been very helpful for everyone had the two "unimpressed" reviewers done so. Once one person sent me an email about this issue, I managed to figure it the problem and get a fix submitted to Apple within ONE hour on Monday. Thankfully Apple were pretty quick to review and approve it (3.5 days). :-)
    Finally, and hopefully this should be obvious, you can always check my support page, or the main iTunes page, where I highlight any known problems and workarounds.
    Screenshots

http://www.appscene.org/download/HytqDYg21q0ae8688421

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Meter Readings Version 2.2*** updated 01/06/2010

useless app.
    You need something that plugs into the mains to measure the usage - then you know what to cut out, reduce etc.
    wit woo

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Meter Readings Version 2.2*** updated 01/06/2010

cheers biffo
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 