Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Full BB11 launch night details confirmed

Full BB11 launch night details confirmed

Channel 4

Big Brother bosses have confirmed that there will be between 80 and 90 hopeful housemates on launch night.

The opening twist will involve Big Brother revealing the final selection of contestants live in front of the nation next Wednesday. Creative director Phil Edgar Jones admitted that the producers are still in the process of selecting their final cast.

"We've got our shortlist of people coming down on launch night," he said. "There will probably be around 80 or 90 people. They are all coming down to join in this last carnival which is Big Brother.

"None of them will know whether or not they have been picked. To be honest, not even we know all of them yet. Some of them we do, some we don't."

He continued: "Big Brother still makes the decision on who goes in the house, like it has always done. You will just see the moment when they find out who enters this wonderful, beautiful house. There will be between 12 to 14 housemates. I'm being truthful, we genuinely don't know at this point how many. We haven't finished selecting yet, we are just trying to get the mix right."

Explaining the physical setup on Wednesday night, he said: "They will still walk in individually and get their own walk into the house. They are just not pulling up in cars, getting booed or cheered. We are doing it in a slightly different way.

"They will be outside. On the big staging outside. Davina will be there. The big crowd will be there. They will all be there in the middle with their name badges on. Big Brother will announce who is going in the house, then you'll see their face as they start screaming, gibbering or running away madly from it. Who knows?"

Jones also revealed that one of the inspirations behind the latest launch twist was late housemate Jade Goody.

"There has always been this amazing reaction on the phone when we tell people that they are going in," he said. "I remember for example, calling Jade up, and then she dropped the phone and fainted. We told her that she couldn't tell anybody and then she told everybody that she met."

Probed further about housemates, he insisted that they do not "have a touch of celebrity" about them. He also confessed that it is likely more contestants will join the show later in the series.

Big Brother 11 kicks off on Wednesday, June 9 at 9pm on Channel 4.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbroth...confirmed.html

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Full BB11 launch night details confirmed

Will probably watch the freaks go in....then never look again!!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

10 too many in my opinion...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i cant wait feel all warm and fuzzy inside
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Those that aren't selected should be shot as a warning to others that reality TV is not cool and to get a real job

Thanks
    Karma Level

I will watch em go in. Apparently big bro have gone for a smoochy feel about the place. they hoping for naughties or sumat

Thanks
    Karma Level

I haven't watched this since the one with Jason and Victor, the jungle cats! That was the best group they ever put in there. But I actually think this years will be the best they've done, simply because they are killing it anyway so they won't give a toss what they get in trouble for and will go for it. Shagging, bullying, fighting, the lot.

I reckon they'll be getting plied with booze at least twice a week. I'll watch the entry show prob and then usually watch a bit of the replay on c4 in the morning.