Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Benitez unveiled as new Inter manager

Rafael Benitez agrees to become Inter Milan coach

Benitez won the Champions League with Liverpool in 2005

Inter Milan have announced that former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has agreed to become the club's new coach.
    "We've got an agreement, we finalised the last details that in any case weren't important," Inter president Massimo Moratti told Ansa news agency.
    Moratti said Inter would on Tuesday confirm details of Benitez's unveiling as the club's coach.
    Benitez, 50, left Liverpool last week after six years at Anfield and will succeed Jose Mourinho at the San Siro.
    Moratti revealed negotiations with Benitez had not taken place in person and said the Spaniard was due to arrive in Milan this week ahead of finalising his move to the European champions.
    "All that is needed now is a counter-signature," added the Inter president.
    Benitez has a strong track record in European football, having won the Champions League with Liverpool in 2005 and the Uefa Cup with Valencia in 2004.
    But he would have big shoes to fill at Inter, with Mourinho winning the league in both seasons he was at the club, not to mention securing the Champions League and Italian Cup last season.
    606: DEBATE
    I can see Benitez doing quite a good job at Inter. He could play his preferred 4-2-3-1 in a similar manner to Mourinho

pirlo21

And before Mourinho's spell at the club, Inter won three consecutive titles under Manchester City's current manager Roberto Mancini.
    Towards the end of last season, Benitez was strongly linked with a move to Inter's rivals Juventus, but since his departure from Anfield he became the subject of speculation suggesting a move to the San Siro was imminent.
    Even Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano, one of his former players at Liverpool, suggested that the Spaniard would be the ideal fit for Inter.
    "Only Benitez could take the place of a coach like Mourinho," said Mascherano.
    "He is a great coach. He has charisma, personality, a winning mentality.
    "Moreover, he will find himself brilliantly in Italy because of the tactical game. Rafa studies everything on the table and directs the team from the bench like an orchestra conductor.
    "After Mourinho, he is the only man capable of continuing Inter's winning run."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish I'd gone into football management. In what other career could you utterly fuck up for four years straight and then get a really good promotion? Un-fucking-believable!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Benitez unveiled as new Inter manager

Inter must be nuts!
    ©lubber Lang

CHAMP19NS

Thanks
    Karma Level

And he's got a tough act to follow!

He won't be there long I'll wager.
    If you can smell it, it's in your mouth.
    Click

Thanks
    Karma Level

He'll win trophies in his first couple seasons with the team he has inherited, then balls it all up as he builds his 'own' team. Kinda like what he did with us

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by cyprus View Post
    He'll win trophies in his first couple seasons with the team he has inherited, then balls it all up as he builds his 'own' team. Kinda like what he did with us
    totally agree with ya. His weakness is his signings. If he has a good squad then he can manage them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    Rafael Benitez agrees to become Inter Milan coach

Benitez won the Champions League with Liverpool in 2005

Inter Milan have announced that former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has agreed to become the club's new coach.
    "We've got an agreement, we finalised the last details that in any case weren't important," Inter president Massimo Moratti told Ansa news agency.
    Moratti said Inter would on Tuesday confirm details of Benitez's unveiling as the club's coach.
    Benitez, 50, left Liverpool last week after six years at Anfield and will succeed Jose Mourinho at the San Siro.
    Moratti revealed negotiations with Benitez had not taken place in person and said the Spaniard was due to arrive in Milan this week ahead of finalising his move to the European champions.
    "All that is needed now is a counter-signature," added the Inter president.
    Benitez has a strong track record in European football, having won the Champions League with Liverpool in 2005 and the Uefa Cup with Valencia in 2004.
    But he would have big shoes to fill at Inter, with Mourinho winning the league in both seasons he was at the club, not to mention securing the Champions League and Italian Cup last season.
    606: DEBATE
    I can see Benitez doing quite a good job at Inter. He could play his preferred 4-2-3-1 in a similar manner to Mourinho

pirlo21

And before Mourinho's spell at the club, Inter won three consecutive titles under Manchester City's current manager Roberto Mancini.
    Towards the end of last season, Benitez was strongly linked with a move to Inter's rivals Juventus, but since his departure from Anfield he became the subject of speculation suggesting a move to the San Siro was imminent.
    Even Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano, one of his former players at Liverpool, suggested that the Spaniard would be the ideal fit for Inter.
    "Only Benitez could take the place of a coach like Mourinho," said Mascherano.
    "He is a great coach. He has charisma, personality, a winning mentality.
    "Moreover, he will find himself brilliantly in Italy because of the tactical game. Rafa studies everything on the table and directs the team from the bench like an orchestra conductor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish I'd gone into football management. In what other career could you utterly fuck up for four years straight and then get a really good promotion? Un-fucking-believable!
    Bankers?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think he'll do well there to be honest.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think thats one of the most flawed statements i've ever read regarding football, was Mascherano high or drunk when he said this?

You're forgetting the £6m or so he got for getting sacked. If i was shit at my job I'd be sacked without a fuckin penny. It takes the piss.

Thanks
    Karma Level

His style of play will suit Italy, but Inter is a tough gig and Benitez is not known for winning league titles...
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

Big mistake for both sides i think

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    His style of play will suit Italy, but Inter is a tough gig and Benitez is not known for winning league titles...
    He won two la ligas mate.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah but will Mourhino take some of his old squad with him

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by russbeer View Post
    was Mascherano high or drunk when he said this?
    No, he was clearly wanting to be signed by Inter!