Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Anyone got a reputable site for painkillers

Ive had the worst 2 weeks so far, been laid up most of them racked with pain and its now doing my head in. my doctors are wank and ive just put in to transfer nearer to where we live so im keeping my fingers crossed.

in the meantime does anyone know a reputable site to buy co-codamol 30/500's from or tramadol 50mg. im deffo not wanting anything stronger, the co-codamols seem to help better and im more or less pain free with them. but the problem is getting hold of them, my doctor did not like prescribing them and told me to excersise more which is a laugh.

following on from my other thread does anyone know a good and reliable site to buy from.

ps: i know you can buy co-codamol from the chemist but they are 8/500 which are not strong enough for me. the 30/500's seem to be ok.

any help appreciated.

det
    A wise man once said " "

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Anyone got a reputable site for painkillers

Det this isnt what you asked for but give this guy a ring i 100% reccomend him anybody who lives close to prestwich will have heard of him he is into alternative please dont let that put you off he is a proper pharmacist if you find he can help i can pick stuff up for you and meet if that helps
    jag
    http://www.dennisthechemist.com/home/
    MANCHESTER
    M25 1FX

Who is Dennis?

Dennis Gore or "Dennis the Chemist" as he is affectionately known, is a community pharmacist who has specialized in complimentary medicine for nearly fourty years. He regularly appears on radio and television, starting out on local radio station Piccadilly Radio, over ten years ago. He is also appeared on BBC GMR, BBC Lancashire and BBC Merseyside and can be heard on City Talk FM in Liverpool every month answering queries on complimentary and alternative medicines and pharmacy. Dennis has appeared on ITV's Lunchtime Live with Eammon O'Neil, and several satellite shows. Dennis currently appears on Channel M (Sky Channel 203)

Dennis is frequently found discussing current healthcare issues on local news and current affairs shows, as well as lecturing to doctors, pharmacists and other health care professionals. In fact he is a bit of a local celebrity, having been interviewed by a variety of presenters from Julie Goodyear to George Hamilton. People from far and wide phone, write, and email and turn up on his doorstep seeking advice on everything from asthma to zinc deficiency and all 'stations' in between.

I'm not racist i hate everybody

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks m8 but ive seen what complimentary and homeopathic medicine can do, ill get in touch with the guy to see if he can help any other way.

appreciated

det
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm surprised the doc won't give you cocodamol 30/500's tbh. My mum went to ours complaining that the pharmacy 8/500's weren't touching the pain in her leg and she got a script for 100 there and then !

They are classed as an abusable drug as in the same family as morpheine so that's the only reason why they wouldn't but still, if you're in pain they're a necessity. Have you tried A&E bud. I wanted some diclofenac for a pain in my foot but was told to take iboprufen. went to A&E and they gave me some from their stock
    Last edited by maltloaf; 12th June 2010 at 12:00 AM.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had diclofenac for my foot as well and it worked a treat, went back to get some more on repeat prescription and ended up with something called Naproxen. They don't seem to work very well at all tbh.

What was/is your foot complaint Malty?

Thanks
    Karma Level

ive used diclofenac on back, arm and shoulder injuries
    if its inflammation based id give that a try

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Diclofenac is available over the counter as "voltarol Pain-Eze" not the strongest formulation but my 20 year old broken pelvis/hip injury has taken on a whole new dimension lately and it sometimes works. The best over the counter Paracetamol/Codeine formulation is Paramol which has Dyhydrocodeine (DF-118) Voltarol Emulgel P is reasonably effective when use locally. My Doctor recently pointed out that Paracetamol formulations can be taken WITH Voltarol since they are unrelated. Be Careful with NSAID drugs though, they'll fuck your stomach over.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by russbeer View Post
    I had diclofenac for my foot as well and it worked a treat, went back to get some more on repeat prescription and ended up with something called Naproxen. They don't seem to work very well at all tbh.

What was/is your foot complaint Malty?

it was soft tissue damage probably due to me being a hefty fucker and not accepting that i'm not a 6 stone gymnast. I play hard for an 18 stone fat bastard

i couldn't put any weight on it at all. I was convinced it was broken but it turned out not.
    Last edited by maltloaf; 12th June 2010 at 12:23 AM.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    Diclofenac is available over the counter as "voltarol Pain-Eze" not the strongest formulation but my 20 year old broken pelvis/hip injury has taken on a whole new dimension lately and it sometimes works. The best over the counter Paracetamol/Codeine formulation is Paramol which has Dyhydrocodeine (DF-118) Voltarol Emulgel P is reasonably effective when use locally. My Doctor recently pointed out that Paracetamol formulations can be taken WITH Voltarol since they are unrelated. Be Careful with NSAID drugs though, they'll fuck your stomach over.

I tried voltarol that and it's not nearly as good as the prescription stuff, but agreed, needs to be taken only when absolutely needed and never on an empty stomach

Thanks
    Karma Level

Mine was supposedly for gout but i was convinced it was a fractured metatarsal.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Voltarol (Voltaren) is available as a suppositary also, the only thing that helped my Dads chronic Sciatica towards the end of his life, you still need to be careful of inflammation though.

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

ive got diclofenic tablets, volterol gel and they dont touch the pain tbh

@malty i do get 30/500 from my doc but they have been giving me 30 to last a month which is a bit mean.

ive since changed docs and am waiting to get in next week to see the new ones.

ive tried loads of stuff but the only thing that helps and lets be get back to normal without the pain is the co-codamol. i tried tramadol but they did not agree with me although they were effective for about a month. co-coda seem regular and i get more done with them.

if ihave to buy enough to last me a month at a time then so be it.

i was thinking about sports therapist but ive got 2 main probs, my leg and my arm.
    A wise man once said " "

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

@malty my daughter is a nurse she advised to go see the night doctors instead when i was really bad. she said id be waiting with all the piss heads and it would be quicker getting an appointment with the temp docs.

i went and they gave me a script for some co-codas which i managed to get straight away.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Det i've got some Zydol 50mg (Tramadol) for my slipped disc.

If you PM me your address i'll send post some out to you to keep you going while you find a source.

I'm trying not to use them as I feel like a zombie once i've taken one.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Detector View Post
    @malty my daughter is a nurse she advised to go see the night doctors instead when i was really bad. she said id be waiting with all the piss heads and it would be quicker getting an appointment with the temp docs.

i went and they gave me a script for some co-codas which i managed to get straight away.
    I've always found the out of hours Docs to be more open minded too.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I mentioned this before but not sure you looked into it or not but what's called cold water extraction will do exactly what you need.

Basically crush three of the 8/500's finely and dissolve in about 2 shots of water that has been chilled to near freezing point. Filter a couple of times through fine filter paper and you should have most of the opiate content out of the pills (almost 24mg) with next to none of the paracetamol (left as sludge in the paper) - if this was drunk with one of the other tablets you would have effectively a 30/500 dose - you want both the opiate and paracetamol though as they are synergistic.

Word of warning - don't do this if you're not at all confident in the above as paracetamol poisoning isn't funny. If you want to be confident in the extraction weigh the pills before and remaining extract once dried - also don't take much over 30-35mg as this is really the optimum dose.

This post is for academic purposes only and I don't recommend anyone doing it.

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i dare not try it myself, heard some nasty stories about cold water extraction.

h4ss4n, much appreciated m8 you got pm.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Det, I'll have them sent to you by Thursday.

Sorry for the late reply mate.

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks to h4ss4n who sent me a strip to get me over till i see my new docs, i go in on wednesday next week and im confident that i can finally get something sorted.

im going to ask about what other treatment i can get, the leg is the worst atm and im not sure they can do anything for trapped nerves. anyone else had any similar experience?
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

i went to see my Dr about a pain in my right knee, absolute nightmare and burns like a bitch if i bend it. But fine if straight and ok to walk on??? He diagnosed tendonitis and said what u been taking, so i said 600mg of ibuprofen 3 x day and had Voltarol gel neither touched it so he said ok, co-codamol 30/500 do you want 30 or 100? and thought fuck it im paying for the script i'll take 100.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast