Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Quick bit of help on MIRC needed please

Most of the time I get d/ls fine from various users and bots but then I get a spate of d/ls not starting becuase "Need to set dcc client to accept the transfer" or something to that effect . Thing is I dont see what else I can do, I have it set on auto accept and minimise. Any clues? I miss so many d/ls becuase of this

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

check to see if the files are allowed cos most are set on ingore all or accpet exes zips mpgs avis but not all files just go dcc folders then disable it and that shud work if i see the prob.....with out saying in to loudy
    pm *cough* the servers user u get it off *cough* so i can check the prob even more so

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I had this a few times, but if you look on the main channel page, you usually have some instructions there.

In most cases you need to set individual permissions

/dccallow +SENDERNAME
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by cronus71
    I had this a few times, but if you look on the main channel page, you usually have some instructions there.

In most cases you need to set individual permissions

/dccallow +SENDERNAME
    this is a psybnc command isnt it?
    Photography: Nikon D50 - 18-55mm, 70-300mm, 105mm Macro, 2 x 2gb SD Cards, Jessops Tripod, LowePro Rucksack

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by wizer
    this is a psybnc command isnt it?
    To be honest I don't know, I only just recently went back to mIRC, I used to be on there when it was a lot more chaotic I've been more into the ftp scenario.

I found this FAQ quite handy.

All the best
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

Thanks
    Karma Level

/dccallow +SENDERNAME

is out into the new mirc scripts to stop ****ing stupid ppl send in you stuff you dont want

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes I see that now for the first time on a new channel I just went to. Many thanks to all of you, its a shame the w*nkers who live on mirc arent as helpful. Cheers the /dcc allow does indeed work.
    www.rickwitter.net
    Rick Witter and the Dukes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by shedsounds
    Yes I see that now for the first time on a new channel I just went to. Many thanks to all of you, its a shame the w*nkers who live on mirc arent as helpful. Cheers the /dcc allow does indeed work.
    dont be so hasty about the people on irc, maybe you had a bad experience (we all do on irc at some point) but I can say the majority of people on it are very helpful, you just have to wait for a reply or find the corresponding chat channel to the one you are on, and remember that not everyone in the channels is in the UK!

as to not getting the sends sent, you'll find in most cases the bot has been restricted or is in the process of being taken down, they always tend to slow right up, plus some networks always have sh1tty connections ie; criten, for some reason I cannot dload anything off that, and if/when I do manage to it's never more than 5kbps on DSL! :(

have fun :)¬~

zaa

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fair point but I can only speak as I find. The xdcc bots I get on in the main seem to be ok. giving me 58kbs for a uk dsl line just seems at minute they dont hang around long and die quickly, particularly Binary Pixels on Renegradeirc
    www.rickwitter.net

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think Packetnews and mydownloader are responsible for killing alot of the decent channels/bots, Since they have been going the bots are getting hammered by lots of impatient noobs that don't really understand how it works and are used to peer to peer services.

Its getting increasingly harder to find decent channels where you can get a send that will complete but there are some good ones around if you look hard enough. Hint, Packetnews forum has a list of bots the spider doesn't visit

#datavault on addictz is a prime example of a chan that had been killed by packetnews, before it was listed you could get lots of things almost straight away. now you are lucky if you can get in the queue, there is always newbies asking how to download and you see them getting banned quite often for hammering the bot if it hasn't sent within 10 seconds of them queuing.

Gimp

Thanks
    Karma Level

or they just go completely private and block anyone (unless you are a member) from entering, eg #xdcc on efnet, that was a very good channel, now members only.

you say packetnews and my downloader are killing the channels, on allot of the channels I have used they actualy have these displayed as adverts! who's killing who?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I suppose is would be good for the channel in general as they would get lots more people in the chan (Mostly noobs tho), but i think it is making it alot harder for the people downloading who were used to the fast downloads without the huge queue.

there will always be good channels around, i think alot of them will be invite only soon tho, it will get like the fserve chans you see with 100 people queued to download from a 15k/s cable connection.

I might start looking at using paying for Newsgroups soon

Thanks
    Karma Level

I understand what u are saying and i have no problem with queueing, its fair (usually) and its true I am more used to p2p stuff like Filetopia where ready help is at hand. Newbies...and in terms of MIRC will always flood something else when there favourite p2p collapses, we saw a spate of this at FT but I dont like to see some elitist attitude that one user is better than another just by virtue of time served. But I agree wholeheartely that if you are going to join something new then read all the faq's u can find. I did and couldnt find the answer to my question but as always u guys helped. Cheers
    www.rickwitter.net

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry if i sounded elitist matey, I don't really have a problem with all the Newbies in the channels. Most of them are fine but you get some really aggresive ones in some channels who complain when there is a queue. I see quite a few being banned from channels for repeatedly sending the same commands to the bot because is hasn't sent them the file within 2 seconds of requesting it, Or queuing the same file on 5 different bots and not removing from the queue when the first send starts.

Ah well, Got my own xdcc now on a nice 100mbit connection which might go upto 1gbit next week its on #sonx on efnet. It only has a few files at the moment but i will fill it up over the weekend. If anyone wants to check it out just join the chan and if the ads are not working do a !list or /ctcp gimp xdcc list

Gimp