Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Mileage Coreection Hardware & Software, where can I buy it

Does anyone Know where I can purchase the Hardware & Software require.

Thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Please can you send all replys to

arifzaffar@hotmail.com

Thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Soft Ware purchase

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Mileage Coreection Hardware & Software, where can I buy it

Thanks
    Karma Level

That's one very expensive SEEPROG
    http://www.crownhill.co.uk/product.php?prod=45

Sonik..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

Beware of dashfixer as they talks a good job always slaging the competion off if they were to concentrate on their own business just maybe they might do okay.:censored

YOU SHOULD TRY ALSO

www.diagprog.co.uk

Andys your man who will look after you :thumbs

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Digitadasfix

I dont know what you are on about, I've never known Dashfixer to slag off any of the competition. However, they do voice some constructive critism when provoked, but we all do this, even between ourselves.

I have had the Dashfixer kit for over a year now, and I can honestly say it was the best thing I did to move away from the CDH kit. I have never used the DiaProg kit and so cannot comment, however the hardware looks remarkably
    similiar to the Dashfixer hardware. I understand they have an advanced box however, its certainly interesting, but the simpler the kit the less likely it is to go wrong. Duff kit can mean a duff car. The Dashfixer box up to now is more than capable of its duties.

Anyhow, Im more interested in the software than the actual platform. You can have the most powerful computer in the world, but lack of software makes it practically useless.

The reason I moved away from CDH kit was because of the poor quality of the software and bulky kit. I only had the CDH kit for 4 weeks and upon looking at the CDH forum I was amazed and shocked at the problems alot of the CDH customers were having with the software. Most times Colin did not even intervene to help, trying to get through to them was also very difficult.

Another annoyance was that consistant 'bug-fixes' were only available upon purchase of an update. So that meant that evertime you went to work on a VW Passat your were playing Russian Roulette since the software had no procedures to prevent you from programming the newer Passats with slightly different clusters. It meant that the customer was going to be really impressed when his/her Passat no longer starts because the immobiliser data has been wiped from the cluster eprom. Then there was the saga with Primera's and Almera's with mileage jumping up by blocks of 20 miles every mile. Then there was the caper with the CDH kit destroying Alfa 156 clusters, and so these guys had to go to Alfa 156 jobs with a spare 156 cluster in the boot 'just-in-case'. It went on and on. The only reason you knew about these problems was because some poor bugger had experienced it and put it on the forum or you had been unfortunate yourself. CDH rely on their own customers to send in clusters and develop the software from there, never thinking that the software needs to be tested properly before being released to its customers. Seems the customers are more like Beta testers, with the option to buy the bug-fixes. CDH really need to do more if they are to stay in the game, they talked of a new USB interface and Windows based software (moving finally from DOS) 6 months ago, but where is it???

Its true that most Users will praise the kit they use, I cannot speak for them but the reason I have stayed with Dashfixer is for these reasons;

1. Quality of the Software.
    2. Reliability of the Hardware.
    3. Excellent Tech Line (9:00 to 21:00) 7 days - get through 97% of the time.
    4. Very helpful Forum.
    5. Willingness to help with non-Dashfixer specific problems.

I have yet to have a problem with the actual software/hardware, the actual box screen failed once (due to my error) and it was replaced within 2 days without
    hassle. The Software is first rate, and clearly the Germans have tested it properly before releasing it.

Competition is healthy and I think it is only a good thing if other companies start to bring their Mileage Correction kit to the UK. I have a genuine interest in other developments.

However, I am currently reluctant to move to another company, simply because I have no reason to and I doubt I would be better off. Dashfixer seem to have the new software in their customers hands before anyone else. We have had 'Genuine' facility to write mileage to BMW keys for almost a year. Seems as though DiaProg are still zeroing the Keys and EWS??

I'll be honest, I dont even want people to buy the Dashfixer kit, the more CDH kit there is out there the richer I will be. The guys with the CDH kit do not have the edge - its not much competition when put head to head with the Dashfixer kit.

What I do like about the DiaProg kit is the facility to pull the VW/AUDI SKCs from the clusters, very handy indeed, especially if you also have VAG-COM. Also the Air-Bag resetting software is also handy. However, these can be bought as stand-alone tools anyway. What would be useful is the facility to alter BMW & MERC Service Intervals rather than having to reset them (Although some MERC ones on the Dashfixer box are available).

So lets be sensible, and share actual experiences with eachother about the kit we are using. I thought I left the 'My Spectrum is better than your Vic 20' behind when I left school.

Just giving my honest thoughts and experiences. Feedback welcome.

NP
    Last edited by Twincharge; 31st March 2004 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

OK i take your comments but as for having the latest software maybe they do but i know for a fact that they hold it back in scotland so that they can clear up before there customers. also take this forum for instance how m,any times have they bad mouthed the competion (I agree about CDH needs better management). i also gave them an enquiry about buying one of their kits and told them of the research i had done and apart from revtec they slaged everything else of. i then contacted andy at diagprod who treated me very well he phoned 2 days later to chase enquiry were then i placed an order. Andy makes sure that he never slags the competion as it is not business like and he has better things to do with his company bearing in mind he is also in Glasgow.he even paid for my flight to glasgow to collect kit and i spent the day with him going over the kit. nothing was to much for him even though he had his own customers to deal with. all I am saying is why do dashfixer need to harp on all the time how good they are. ask yourself why nobody else does. i cant pass comment on their kit as i have never used it.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Digitadasfix

Thanks for your reply, you seem like a level headed individual. However, I really do think you have got it all wrong with Dashfixer. They do not control the releases of software, the germans do. What I do know is that Jim of Dashfixer does alot of the development work himself (probably on a PC workstation), and passes the findings onto the Germans to include onto the box. This is why they can do alot of the newer cars in-house before the software is made available to their customers.

Personally, I think it is a good thing that they not only know their product but they are also knowledgeable in this area.

For example, Dashfixer has just found a way to access the 91S2 (Secure 912) micro on the 2004 BMWs LKM. This means we will have this probably by this summer on our boxes. There is much to learn from these guys.

I think it is good that you have had such a good service from DiaProg so far. I only hope that Dashfixer continues to maintain the high standard. Many companies drop customer service standards once they become established, Dashfixer have been in the game for a decade and still have managed to maintain the standard. I hope DiaProg continue to do so for you also.

Regards - NP

Thanks
    Karma Level

Digitadasfix........said
    "all I am saying is why do dashfixer need to harp on all the time how good they are. ask yourself why nobody else does. i cant pass comment on their kit as i have never used it"

1st point....maybe Dashfixer "harp" on about being so good cause they are...
    2nd pont....nobody else does because they arnt....

Good luck with your choice of gear.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Re: Mileage Coreection Hardware & Software, where can I buy it

Hi im not going to get into any argument of which type of correction equipment is the best but just to let you know i have cdh kit, dashfixer kit and also diagprog kit which all three kits works well !! But to be honest the most ease of use unit to correct dashboards is the diagprog unit which has the excellent codiprog device for working on eeproms on the pcb !! That doesnt mean any of the other kits arent any good because they are !!! You just have to look at all the kits and make up your own mind.Its all down to personal prefrance !!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Re: Mileage Coreection Hardware & Software, where can I buy it

Visit www.diagprog.co.uk
    At diagprog we provide packages to suit our customers requirments...andy

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ves
    Hi im not going to get into any argument of which type of correction equipment is the best but just to let you know i have cdh kit, dashfixer kit and also diagprog kit which all three kits works well !! But to be honest the most ease of use unit to correct dashboards is the diagprog unit which has the excellent codiprog device for working on eeproms on the pcb !! That doesnt mean any of the other kits arent any good because they are !!! You just have to look at all the kits and make up your own mind.Its all down to personal prefrance !!!
    hi, i'm just curious to know why you have all three kits???? i can just about manage keeping upto date with one kit... how do you manage three???? dont mean to be nosey matey but what made you move to another kit and then another?????

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Re: Mileage Coreection Hardware & Software, where can I buy it

The reason i have all the different kits is for flexibility the are all good for all different types of jobs and as jim from dashfixer said look at all the different kits out there and make up your own mind on which one to purchase because its your own hard earned cash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast