Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

ebay eBay seller want to cancel transaction because it didn't sell for enough

Won an item off eBay ealier today and just recieved this e-mail....

Hey, am really sorry but I was hoping I would get more for the item and would like to relist it, I'll refund your money straight away!!!
    Thing is, there was no reserve on the item and I won the auction fair & square. I replied to him saying there should have been a reserve on it and also asked him how much he wanted the item to sell for, but still waiting for a reply.

He has also requested for me to agree to cancel the transaction, but I have not responded to that yet. What would you guys do? Simply take the refund and keep looking or insist on the item because I won it fair & square and there was no reserve on the item?

Cheers!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: eBay seller want to cancel transaction because it didn't sell for enough

This is why I hate Ebay, about 70% of users I've experienced dealings with were cocks.
    If I were you i'd demand the item as you won it fair and square

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: eBay seller want to cancel transaction because it didn't sell for enough

Politely demand the item and state the reason's why, you won the auction fairly and that you will have no hesitation in forwarding his email onto eBay customer support for them to follow up.

That should do the trick.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've sold quite a few bits of jewellery on there for my mums business and wanted more money than what they sold for, but i've sent the item without hesitation (quite a lot abroad to Italy, Malta etc). At the end of the day he should have put a reserve on it, or had his starting price set higher. Fuck him, tell him you'll contact ebay if he does not send the item.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers guys, have replied to the request to cancel and declined it. In the "Comments to seller" box I put that I won the item fair & square, this is against eBay rules and that I will contact eBay should this transaction fall through.

I am still awaiting his response from my original reply to his e-mail as well, but now I have also declined the cancelation request. Funny thing is, he has another IDENTICAL item up for sale with a starting bid of double what this one was at, so why he didn't put them both the same, I do not know???

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by HermaN View Post
    Cheers guys, have replied to the request to cancel and declined it. In the "Comments to seller" box I put that I won the item fair & square, this is against eBay rules and that I will contact eBay should this transaction fall through.

I am still awaiting his response from my original reply to his e-mail as well, but now I have also declined the cancelation request. Funny thing is, he has another IDENTICAL item up for sale with a starting bid of double what this one was at, so why he didn't put them both the same, I do not know???
    Report his new listing to get it taken down

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought when a auction finished, it was kind of like a contract. Basically you won fair and square, so those items are yours now.

I have to agree, eBay is getting ridiculous lately, with increasing seller fees, con merchants and just idiots. Its about time we have a new type of marketplace on the internet. Even using DHgate is safer, which is saying something!

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's not a new listing mate, it was put up at the same time as the one I won, and ended just 10 mins after, but ended with 0 bids, so obviously, people are not willing to pay the inflated price he wants for it.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Let eBay sort it for you, they make enough money from everything to at least pull there fingers out to help when it matters

Thanks
    Karma Level

RESULT, just got this e-mail.

Ok, it will be posted to you first thing in the morning. Sorry for any trouble caused.

Thanks for buying!
    Just replied with...

Thank you very much. However, in future, I recommend you place a reserve or put down a higher starting bid so this does not happen again.
    The lad is a noob, only 3 sells under his belt and 2 buys. So he just cocked up, but has taken it on the chin.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Glad it's sorted, although still sound's like a little gold digger even if he is a noob.

Thanks
    Karma Level

To be fair, I did grab a bit of a bargain, but it wasn't an absolute steal, and what he wanted was probably a bit more than it's worth.

Thanks
    Karma Level

To be fair, I did grab a bit of a bargain, but it wasn't an absolute steal, and what he wanted was probably a bit more than it's worth.
    Come on spill the beans, what was it then ?
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    Come on spill the beans, what was it then ?
    Teflon dildo?
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    Teflon dildo?
    Hell no Aberdonian's only buy sheep capture devices

Thanks
    Karma Level

It was the CoD: MW2 night vision goggles on their own with the stand (no game or box) for £42 delivered which is reasonable seeing as I have seen full brand new Xbox 360 ones for £72 delivered on eBay. PS3 ones are no less than £140 new on eBay for the full box set, but I just wanted the goggles. Maybe he thought he would get more because it was listed as PS3 ones???

However, as I said, could have got a full Xbox 360 box set brand new for £72 off a seller with lots of good feedback. So think I did well, but not spectacular. Look in the "kinky fetishes" thread in the confessional section to find out why I bought them.

Think I might have someone lined up already who has said they would love to try it out. Night vision sex FTW!!! For £42 I'm chuffed!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It was the CoD: MW2 night vision goggles on their own with the stand (no game or box) for £42 delivered which is reasonable seeing as I have seen full brand new Xbox 360 ones for £72 delivered on eBay. PS3 ones are no less than £140 new on eBay for the full box set, but I just wanted the goggles. Maybe he thought he would get more because it was listed as PS3 ones???

However, as I said, could have got a full Xbox 360 box set brand new for £72 off a seller with lots of good feedback. So think I did well, but not spectacular. Look in the "kinky fetishes" thread in the confessional section to find out why I bought them.

Think I might have someone lined up already who has said they would love to try it out. Night vision sex FTW!!! For £42 I'm chuffed!

She's not named Dolly is she

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lol, no mate. Dolly only comes out on weekends when I am not lucky. lol This is a bird from Glasgow, only met her a couple of times, but she seems well up for it! She loves CoD too, so epic win! She's also kinda kinky = bigger win, cos she is up for this kinda shit. Haha

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

lol nice one

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Lol, no mate. Dolly only comes out on weekends when I am not lucky. lol This is a bird from Glasgow, only met her a couple of times, but she seems well up for it! She loves CoD too, so epic win! She's also kinda kinky = bigger win, cos she is up for this kinda shit. Haha
    She sounds like wifey material

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast