Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC News Re: No charges over Ian Tomlinson's death during G20 demo

BREAKING NEWS: Ian Tomlinson was unlawfully killed at the G20 protests in London, an inquest jury has ruled

Ian Tomlinson unlawfully killed by Pc at G20 protest

Ian Tomlinson was unlawfully killed by Pc Simon Harwood at the G20 protests in London, an inquest jury has ruled.

Mr Tomlinson, 47, collapsed and died after he was hit by a baton and pushed to the ground by the officer at the protests in London on 1 April 2009.

The jury said Pc Harwood used "excessive and unreasonable" force in striking him.

Mr Tomlinson, who was not taking part in the protests, posed no threat, the jury added.

Source
    Last edited by Bald Bouncer; 3rd May 2011 at 03:58 PM.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: No charges over Ian Tomlinson's death during G20 demo

Hopefully we will finally see some justice.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Been following this and fair play to the Judge in allowing the unlawfully killed verdict to be considered and his summing up was spot on before the verdict.

Now lets see the CPS do the job they should have done at the time.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Now lets see the CPS do the job they should have done at the time.
    Well you would hope wouldn't you, but I'd lay 10-1 that they don't.

Fight my brute!
    http://mocho-gorro.mybrute.com

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by crashtestmac View Post
    I am going to stick my neck out here...!!!

I am not familiar with the full circumstances so i may be wrong based on my understanding
    BUT......

What was he doing there clashing with police in the first place....?

Fair enough there are limits of acceptable force and all that but if there is a protest on that turns violent and you are on the front line, you have to accept a twatting, this is what most people think is wrong with this country. There is no respect for the police and the law.

Like is say i do not know the full details but if you are there and at the front.......

I cannot believe he was just on his way home and ended up at the front of the protests...!
    Agreed, he was an antaganizing person who had the disguise of a "paper seller" in the wrong place at the wrong time. No one gives a fuck untill the shit hits the fan, but that sums up Britain. The coppers were under pressure and he could have walked away, not stroll along like it was another day. He knew what he was doing in my opinion and was unfortunate but he should have not been a cunt.
    My opinion

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    Agreed, he was an antaganizing person who had the disguise of a "paper seller" in the wrong place at the wrong time. No one gives a fuck untill the shit hits the fan, but that sums up Britain. The coppers were under pressure and he could have walked away, not stroll along like it was another day. He knew what he was doing in my opinion and was unfortunate but he should have not been a cunt.
    My opinion
    Your opinion but I don't agree and to refer to someone you don't know as "a cunt" is a real reflection on you.

I was there that day and night working and then later observing on the streets with my family.

The real problem is the rogue 10 men TSG units that that patrol in vans and act like out of control gang thugs without rules.

Its history repeating itself with the met police.

Don't take my word for it the former Deputy Met commander Brian Paddock said the same thing this morning on TV.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by JonEp View Post
    The real problem is the rogue 10 men TSG units that that patrol in vans and act like out of control gang thugs without rules.
    I agree with the above point - my m8 is a copper and works in a TSG unit when the need comes up and I have to say he isnt a glowing example of what a copper should be - he loves fighting and looks forward all year to the protests in London so he can "get stuck in" hes basically a hooligan in uniform - oh and now hes an armed response officer in middlesboro as well now!

In my opinion when a police officer breaks the law they should be dealt with much more heavily than you or I would be treated - eg a copper gets caught with marijuana - a civilian would get a caution at worst a copper should be treat like hes dealing class A's - this is because a job in the police is a position of great power no other job exists like it where u have such power and influence over everyone else so any abuse at all of this should not be tolerated at all. The copper involved has to lose his job and pension in my opinion, he never meant to cause the guys death obviously but he did wrong in his actions - hes trained and paid highly to be in those situations and he handled it badly resulting in a mans death you just cant justify twatting someone from behind and throwing them to the floor when they are walking away from you with there hands in there pockets.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Agreed, he was an antaganizing person who had the disguise of a "paper seller" in the wrong place at the wrong time. No one gives a fuck untill the shit hits the fan, but that sums up Britain. The coppers were under pressure and he could have walked away,
    No, you're wrong, you don't know you're being kettled until it's too late. There's no way to escape once you realise what's happening.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Ffs sake look at the footage, the Officer is an out of control thug enjoying his position of power, he needs to be arrested and quickly!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

gotta agree, the copper was completely out of order, its not the poor guys fault that he walked into that mess, maybe he was really in his own world at the time (who the hell isnt when leaving work) and by the time he realised the extent of the riot it was too late and when he tried to leave some cowardly twat of a copper beat him to the ground for no reason, absolute disgrace, he should be tried like the rest of us would be if we had done it
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My opinion
    You should actually try reading the reports on what happened rather than taking a guess and then posting. Police under pressure tough shit that's the job they chose to do and it's not an excuse to abuse that position, if they are incapable of doing the job then they should not be doing it and taking out that frustration on innocent people or even guilty people is totally wrong.

The police are there to uphold the law, protect the public and not judge, jury and execut1oner of crime and punishment, seems over the last 30 years the Police have moved from being servants of the people to slaves of the Government and big business being allowed to hide their identity through covering badges while the people are more and more controlled and monitored.

Every day the peoples rights are being more and more constricted and most recent legislation that has been bought in for 'terrorist' reasons has been abused and manipulated to control/monitor people exercising their rights in this so called democratic country to demonstrate and voice their concerns.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My opinion
    Fuck me, how I wish the Neg Karma button was still around.
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My opinion
    No one deserves to die tho. Regardless of what you think he was like, the Police have a responsibility to the public. Protect and serve or some shit.

The copper involved clearly was a wanker and deserves to be treated like anyone else. If it was another member of the public, he would be in the nick for years no doubt.

Police should be treated even harsher than the public, as it's supposed to be their job to know better.

The modern police force is riddled with wankers, wannabes, scammers and only a few good men.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

My opinion
    So when can I start killing any coppers that are cunts to me?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MoNkFiSh View Post
    The copper involved has to lose his job and pension in my opinion
    I would go further and say for the police to continue paying/employing this criminal would bring the whole legitimacy of the police in question. To be honest I believe it already is in question as in my opinion they have consipired on a large scale to pervert the cause of justice (cameras off in advance, police claims they were trying to help him, then the family told to keep shut as this could affect a fair trial, the dodgy autopsy, the decision not to press criminal charges, etc.).

If they cannot obey the law they are trusted to uphold I fail to see why I should allow them to contrain me by these laws.

I don't believe in deterrent sentences as I believe each crime should be judged on it's own merits, but if ever there was a case for deterrent sentences this is the one.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Medical body investigates G20 pathologist Freddy Patel

An investigation has been launched into the pathologist who concluded newspaper seller Ian Tomlinson died of natural causes, the BBC has learned.

The General Medical Council is investigating Dr Freddy Patel's work on the case which resulted in an "unlawful killing" verdict earlier this week.

Dr Patel found Mr Tomlinson died of a heart attack due to coronary artery disease after the 2009 G20 protest.

Dr Patel is currently suspended from
    working as a pathologist

At the inquest six experts said that he was wrong and blamed internal bleeding.

The jury concluded on Tuesday that the bleeding had been caused by a blow to the abdomen when Mr Tomlinson was pushed to the ground by PC Simon Harwood.

It is thought the GMC began its investigation after receiving a complaint from Mr Tomlinson's family.

Dr Patel is currently serving a four-month suspension from pathological work after the GMC found his fitness to practice was "impaired", following a sub-standard autopsy on a murder victim and his acting dishonestly by falsifying his CV.

Last year, the pathologist was given a three-month ban for failings in post-mortem examination work in three earlier cases.

The GMC said it could not confirm officially whether an investigation was under way because of issues of "confidentiality".

Source

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would be interested to know how or why he got assigned to the case in the first place.

Thanks
    Karma Level

so this guy got it wrong 4 times.. should be struck off.. that could be 4 times justice has failed the innocent.
    Sent from my PC using a keyboard

Thanks
    Karma Level

That Jess is a right mug.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    Would be interested to know how or why he got assigned to the case in the first place.
    Probably was the only one who could be paid off to declare in the coppers favour.

Bent wanker, should be banged up as well.

(the above statement not meant to be homophobic...)

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC BREAKING NEWS: Pc Simon Harwood will be charged with manslaughter over the death of Ian Tomlinson during a G20 protest, the CPS says

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast