Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Free article submission

I'm confused... the author is shown as someone else and there is no link to our site?

Thanks
    Karma Level

the author wont show as you as I would have to create thousands of new accounts, the backlinks on some articles are not working as they needed to be htt:// not just www. I have resubmitted them http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?hl=&so...c047f92521a14f
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers mate.. can't see the backlinks yet but I guess the servers will update..

supe

Thanks
    Karma Level

The backlinks are in red at the bottom of each article, at the moment i'm seeing over 200 indexed articles. As the directory owners approve them more will show up.
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

Thanks
    Karma Level

You are playing with fire, Google is taking a very dim view of article directories and article marketing sites. Anyone who relies on backlinks from these sites is asking for trouble.

Personally I'm sick of people flooding the net with useless regurgitated articles, instead of rich meaningful content. So, the sooner Google gets this sorted the better.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Panda

Thanks
    Karma Level

Panda was a great introduction from Google my sites moved up and my main competition sites moved down, so as I have for the last 4 years I will continue to create articles and make money from my sites.

Panda was aimed predominantly at low value directory's such as domain directory's very few article directory's were hit by panda. Many people have been using programs such as Xrumer or scrapebox which spam blogs and forums with profile links, now these will have been easy for Google to hit as they all have a unique footprint for the pages.

In the short term sites hammering blogs etc were getting very high SERP's but as most of us said it would be a short term effect and could result in a Google penalty which if it's your money site it's just not worth it.
    creatures”

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by consoles View Post
    Panda was a great introduction from Google my sites moved up and my main competition sites moved down, so as I have for the last 4 years I will continue to create articles and make money from my sites.

Panda was aimed predominantly at low value directory's such as domain directory's very few article directory's were hit by panda. Many people have been using programs such as Xrumer or scrapebox which spam blogs and forums with profile links, now these will have been easy for Google to hit as they all have a unique footprint for the pages.

In the short term sites hammering blogs etc were getting very high SERP's but as most of us said it would be a short term effect and could result in a Google penalty which if it's your money site it's just not worth it.
    Google are forever changing the game. If you have an online business that relies heavily on your spot in the natural listings, then you're putting your business in the hands of something you simply can't control.

Thanks
    Karma Level

No disrespect but ive been at this for 5 years and I'm well aware of Google and how often it updates it's algorithms, its a constant battle to please them without crossing the line.
    Articles are not the only method of gaining SERPS, onsite SEO plays a major factor as I've seen a few sites with very little in the ways of incoming links but have ranked highly for very good search terms.

It's finding a good balance which bigger company's pay thousands for each year, where as I'm a small fish in a very big pond, but in my niche I'm kicking the big fishes arse's.
    creatures”

Thanks
    Karma Level

No disrespect but ive been at this for 5 years and I'm well aware of Google and how often it updates it's algorithms, its a constant battle to please them without crossing the line.
    Articles are not the only method of gaining SERPS, onsite SEO plays a major factor as I've seen a few sites with very little in the ways of incoming links but have ranked highly for very good search terms.

It's finding a good balance which bigger company's pay thousands for each year, where as I'm a small fish in a very big pond, but in my niche I'm kicking the big fishes arse's.
    I've been in online marketing for around double that amount of time and seen many a small business use SEO and think that it's the be all and end all. That's why they stay small.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

the lnks are there now... excellent thanks mate..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    I've been in online marketing for around double that amount of time and seen many a small business use SEO and think that it's the be all and end all. That's why they stay small.
    That's fair enough, but I'm more than happy making an average £1800 a month from my sites, with a full time job as well it's nice to have this extra income less the bloody taxmans slice.
    creatures”

Thanks
    Karma Level

That's fair enough, but I'm more than happy making an average £1800 a month from my sites, with a full time job as well it's nice to have this extra income less the bloody taxmans slice.
    If you started 5 years ago you should be pulling in more than that and be working for yourself, or have staff doing all the legwork for you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Like I said I have a fulltime job which I'm very happy with and the websites pay for holidays birthdays car costs xmas etc, I'm not greedy and happy to maintain my standard of living.

As most will know online sites can crash overnight like some very big sites have since Google changed it's algorithm, so why would I want to risk leaving a very well paid full time job for something with no real security?
    creatures”

Thanks
    Karma Level

As most will know online sites can crash overnight like some very big sites have since Google changed it's algorithm, so why would I want to risk leaving a very well paid full time job for something with no real security?
    I think thats my original point. But as I said before, why let Google control your traffic when there are so many other ways to build a customer base.

DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

examples?
    Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Web Hosting - Fusionhost- 25% Discount Available On All Web Hosting Plans For DF Members - Code: DF2022

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got some spare time if anyone has any articles they want me to push out.
    creatures”

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got some spare time if anyone has any articles they want me to push out.
    would love some help getting my plastering web site up in the google search ranks.

I have no idea how to do this though

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd also like to try and drive some more traffic to my PC Repair website... not sure I could write too much about it though?

Thanks
    Karma Level

right article done 697 words

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast