Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C.V. experts

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: C.V. experts

Quote Originally Posted by coin-op View Post
    Well said that man.
    That was the point I was making. It's illegal to discriminate on the basis of age, but you can't make it illegal to look at someone's age FFS
    Quite, and just to clarify, if it were illegal to consider age per se it would be illegal to ask in the application form. It's the use of the knowledge which is covered by legislation.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

hey Chris, getting back on topic do you have any CV's for Operations Manager / Procurement / Buyer that you could possibly share either in telecommunications, distribution or logistics sectors, looking at the other samples you uploaded i wouldnt have given the job to the single dad (not for this reason!!) was i right ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    What you actually said was that it was illegal for him to look first at his age, it has to be part of the equation.
    I'm afraid my opinion of you is sinking lower by the thread, I'll start to participate again when your bollocks have dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by coin-op View Post
    Well said that man.
    That was the point I was making. It's illegal to discriminate on the basis of age, but you can't make it illegal to look at someone's age FFS
    I suppose I'm getting a taste of my own medicine since I am a pedantic cunt when it comes to exact meanings of what people say on here normally, but I didn't literally mean it's illegal to look at an age. Did you really think that's what I would mean? I might not have entirely middle-of-the-road opinions but I'm not a complete lunatic that would make up a law about it being illegal to read a thing.

If anything I've posted on here about being against that sort of insane law before, like about the illegal primes case where they did try to outlaw reading and using of certain numbers.

I think "I always look at the age first" implies a lot more than just literally looking at it, I mean why would he look at it if he wasn't going to base his opinion on it? In fact, 'look' even has that meaning to some extent in the context that it's currently used in.

I feel picked on by pedants who aren't even very good pedants

Sorry Mobileman, I won't reply again simply to avoid fucking up your thread (any more than I already have)
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mobileman View Post
    hey Chris, getting back on topic do you have any CV's for Operations Manager / Procurement / Buyer that you could possibly share either in telecommunications, distribution or logistics sectors, looking at the other samples you uploaded i wouldnt have given the job to the single dad (not for this reason!!) was i right ?
    I'll have a look and see what is there mate, as my personal experience is in IT that's all I really got - in the UK we have about 15 HR people each doing their own things (Engineering/Project Management/Sales/Etc).

You're right! It was indeed CV_3 - the main reason was his most recent position, he went on and on about his company and how successful it was and how life was great. After probing him further he seemed a bit of a mess and I got a colleague to probe him further, his experience and such was all different to him so we decided he was a bit lost in his career for what we wanted. Each of those CV's was for an IT Manager job earlier on this year ... I'm out for a beer with the chap that got the job next Friday actually.

Following up to that, the agency that recommended him also got ditched soon after - I was fairly new in the role and after telling the agency we didn't like the look of him, the agency (Self employed guy) he mailled me at 11.30PM that night having a good rant about how the recruitment process in our company was corrupt and if I wanted to work for a genuine company to let him know - next day my boss gave him a call and it turns out he'd had a few too many whilst sitting on the laptop - genius.

I actually take little to do with recruitment at the moment since we implemented HRIS, a good job too as we've cut down on recruitment agencies and are posting straight to job boards - some of the stuff we are receiving is unreal.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    I actually take little to do with recruitment at the moment since we implemented HRIS, a good job too as we've cut down on recruitment agencies and are posting straight to job boards - some of the stuff we are receiving is unreal.
    Chris, would you please post up some details about HRIS: what gets highlighted, how you can search etc. I have to use it for an ongoing PDP & want to make sure my goals, aspirations etc. are at their most prominent.

Cheers.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beansontoast View Post
    Chris, would you please post up some details about HRIS: what gets highlighted, how you can search etc. I have to use it for an ongoing PDP & want to make sure my goals, aspirations etc. are at their most prominent.

Cheers.
    I'll send you a document tomorrow that my manager knocked up when the system first got put in - covers most of it. We're using a web based system which works well, we need to use it over Citrix in China due to their strict web filtering.

I'm working on an internal project at the moment to create a User Manual for HRIS in our place. For our company, the bulk of it is covering reporting as it uses IBM Cognos... I had to go on a £1.5K 3-Day course with IBM to understand some of the basics.

It's the most advanced system made available to all our HR staff, and given they can run a report to tell them things like headcount details, a list of leavers in a certain date range, how many people have service anniversaries approaching etc is giving it a good reception.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12