Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default More intended Supra shots...

On the way back from a car show I pulled into an empty industrial site and snapped some shots off. Thought I'd get some proper shots this time.

Incidentally, as I was pulling out of the industrial estate, a cop pulled past me heading in and gave me the twice over. I wonder if I'd been reported for loitering

"There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: More intended Supra shots...

Love the car (Always like Supras) - not sure about the backdrop though.. kind of fucks with your head. #1 is cool and quite arty. #2 looks "Top Gear"ish. Cheers for sharing the pic tho. Is that your motor? I used to have a Carlos Sainz Celica GT4 and will buy another at some point. Toyotas used to rock... and now they have that Aygo.... WTF
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Aye, tis me car

I had a Celica too. Decided to sell it when I realised it couldn't handle muddy fields :
    http://www.digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=802553
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

I really like this set of shots Neo.

For me the backdrop works mainly because it is a bit of a head hurter hehe but it makes the car stand out so well and immediately offered excellent opportunities for use of lines.

I like the over exposed look of #1 which contrasts well with the black of the car. In #2 I like the wider angle view as you now have the juxtaposition of the vents on the side of the structure which add to that industrial look and give the image that bit more. The only one minor thing for me with that shot (and kinda the first one) is the loss of definition in the wheel due to its angle.

Nice accentuation on the red calipers in #3 and an almost Knight Rider type image in #4.

However, I have to say the final 3 for me are fantastic. The reflections of the lines down through the car meeting with the building behind lead your eye right the way through the shots.

The reflections in particular on #5 are superb and the MONO works very well indeed. Good symmetry as well.

I'd say you spotted that building and knew EXACTLY what you had in mind .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dpSparhawk View Post
    I really like this set of shots Neo.

For me the backdrop works mainly because it is a bit of a head hurter hehe but it makes the car stand out so well and immediately offered excellent opportunities for use of lines.

I like the over exposed look of #1 which contrasts well with the black of the car. In #2 I like the wider angle view as you now have the juxtaposition of the vents on the side of the structure which add to that industrial look and give the image that bit more. The only one minor thing for me with that shot (and kinda the first one) is the loss of definition in the wheel due to its angle.

Nice accentuation on the red calipers in #3 and an almost Knight Rider type image in #4.

However, I have to say the final 3 for me are fantastic. The reflections of the lines down through the car meeting with the building behind lead your eye right the way through the shots.

The reflections in particular on #5 are superb and the MONO works very well indeed. Good symmetry as well.

I'd say you spotted that building and knew EXACTLY what you had in mind .
    Cheers Ian. I really like the first and the last 3 as well. And yes, I saw the shots as soon as I saw this site.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I love that second shot.

I reckon your car would look good with white wheels, really set it off.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    Toyotas used to rock... and now they have that Aygo.... WTF
    Don't knock it till you've tried it, fantastic car to be silly in for what it is. Weighs as much as a paper bag and the engine revs forever. I want one to take round a go cart track. Great fun IMO.