Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Microsoft Access Table Help

hello, this is not really a programming questions but was not sure which other section to put this under but here goes

basically i have two tables Service & Order, in the service table i have 3 fields where i have stored all the services that my database is suppose to hold, ServiceID(primary key), Service(what the services are) and Price (price of the services)

now in my second table Order is where the user makes orders for whatever and have 11 fields, one of the fields in the order table (ordertype) gets the services from the Service table, which is fine, but the other field in the order table is what is giving me the problem, this is the Price field.

What i am trying to do is, when the user selects an order type from the order table, i want the price of that order to display in the price field in the order table , it should look at what has been selected and display the price

many thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Microsoft Access Table Help

ok maby that didnt make sense before

but im still having problems with this and was woundering if someone can give me a clear cut answer to this. i searched around and found out what i was doing wrong and hopefully fixed it.

but anyways basically ive got a table (Service) which has 3 fields serviceid, Service and Price (obviously services are what they are and price is how much).

Ive created a form (Order) and in that form i got a combo box that selects the services which is fine, but my other field in the form Price, needs to be able to automatically populate the correct price form the service table for the service selected in the ordertype combo box in the order form (hope that makes sense)

now i know it an After Update command is needed but i cnt for the life of me understand what command to put in, ive tryed a number of commands but to no avail nothing works...

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Microsoft Access Table Help

Include both tables as a feed for the form and make sure your relationship relates the two tables then include the field from the service table. It will populate automatically.