Metroid : Other M

Thread: Metroid : Other M

  1. Ganty's Avatar

    Ganty said:

    Wii Metroid : Other M

    Above title is now in the usual places. Fuck yeah.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  2. Wompastompa's Avatar

    Wompastompa said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    i fookin love these games definatly my best series of games out there

    Super Metroid Ruled and Kicked Ass
     
  3. Ganty's Avatar

    Ganty said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    I'm astonished that no one else has commented in this. A console that is constantly being ridiculed as for casual games only, gets something this hardcore and no one gives a shit?

    Fuck your cover mechanic, this is a proper game.
     
  4. wulliec's Avatar

    wulliec said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    I'd love to comment but I can't get the fecker to run!

    I get to the "babys cry" part and it freezes. Tried everything, loads of loaders, regrabbed the image but it just won't get past here
    PSN :- t1mbhoy
     
  5. Ganty's Avatar

    Ganty said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    I'm using cfg usb loader and it runs perfectly. What ios version etc... are you using?
     
  6. wulliec's Avatar

    wulliec said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    Using cfg usb version 58. cIOS 249 v20b
    Tried booting with 222, 223, 249, 250 but it all freezes at the same point.
    I've deleted the update partition also.

    I've noticed, however, that when I boot up CFG it does say 249 [FRAG] in the bottom left hand corner. I don't know if that has something to do with it.
    EDIT:- Checked and the Frag just means it is 249v19 or greater
    Last edited by wulliec; 29th August 2010 at 11:08 AM.
    PSN :- t1mbhoy
     
  7. Ganty's Avatar

    Ganty said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    Quote Originally Posted by wulliec View Post
    Using cfg usb version 58. cIOS 249 v20b
    Tried booting with 222, 223, 249, 250 but it all freezes at the same point.
    I've deleted the update partition also.

    I've noticed, however, that when I boot up CFG it does say 249 [FRAG] in the bottom left hand corner. I don't know if that has something to do with it.
    EDIT:- Checked and the Frag just means it is 249v19 or greater
    Are you using a fat32 or wbfs partition? What programme do you use for transferring the ISO to the usb?

    You shouldnt need to manually remove anything from the ISO, most game managers remove this on the fly anyway.
     
  8. wulliec's Avatar

    wulliec said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    It's a wbfs partition. Using WBFS backup manager to transfer ISO to the USB Drive.
    Doing my head in now.
    PSN :- t1mbhoy
     
  9. Ganty's Avatar

    Ganty said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    Quote Originally Posted by wulliec View Post
    It's a wbfs partition. Using WBFS backup manager to transfer ISO to the USB Drive.
    Doing my head in now.
    Doing my head in too!

    I've asked an expert

    The only other thing I can suggest is using a different loader, but fuck knows, your should be working fine.

    For info, I'm using Cfg Usb loader IOS249 rev 17, everything else is on default setting.
     
  10. wulliec's Avatar

    wulliec said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    I thought I was a bloody expert until this fecker came along. I've lost count the number of Wii units I've soft modded for mates.

    Cheers for looking into it.
    Preety much wasted yesterday trying to play. It's so much easier when you just buy
    Tried FAT32, NTFS, Wiiflow, uLoader, USB loader etc etc and all freeze at exactly the same place.
    Same with the nuked image as well.
    Pain in the arse is that it works on a mates I updated so I guess it really can't be the image.

    I'll wait for a PAL release and go through the pain again.
    PSN :- t1mbhoy
     
  11. Ganty's Avatar

    Ganty said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    Quote Originally Posted by wulliec View Post
    I thought I was a bloody expert until this fecker came along. I've lost count the number of Wii units I've soft modded for mates.

    Cheers for looking into it.
    Preety much wasted yesterday trying to play. It's so much easier when you just buy
    Tried FAT32, NTFS, Wiiflow, uLoader, USB loader etc etc and all freeze at exactly the same place.
    Same with the nuked image as well.
    Pain in the arse is that it works on a mates I updated so I guess it really can't be the image.

    I'll wait for a PAL release and go through the pain again.
    This from the expert -

    I have this working fine using CFG also, however i use a FAT32 drive and cios 222/223 v5.1 to play my games.

    There was an earlier release of the game on the newsgroups that had errors in it and was nuked.

    I use Wii Game Manager to transfer my .iso's to the harddrive - If all his other games work Ok, then i would lean towards a bad release...
    That's it mate, I'm out of ideas
     
  12. iNSPECTA's Avatar

    iNSPECTA said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    Which release do you have?
    Metroid Other M USA Wii iND is a bad dump, this is prob causing your freezing errors.

    Grab Metroid_Other_M_PROPER_USA_WII-WiiTARD and give that a try.
     
  13. wulliec's Avatar

    wulliec said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    I was mainly using the Wiitard release (mom-wiitard).
    For giggles I tried the nuked / scrubbed one but it freezes in exactly the same place... just as the camera zooms into her face and she is about to say "Flight"
    PSN :- t1mbhoy
     
  14. Ganty's Avatar

    Ganty said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    Run [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on your system, and on your mates if possible, then we can play spot the difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by iNSPECTA
    Which release do you have?
    Metroid Other M USA Wii iND is a bad dump, this is prob causing your freezing errors.

    Grab Metroid_Other_M_PROPER_USA_WII-WiiTARD and give that a try.
    It's mentioned in the thread previously that the release he's using has worked on a friends machine.
     
  15. wulliec's Avatar

    wulliec said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    Good call. I'll give that a whirl tonight.
    I've pissed about with my Wii so much the last couple of days that there's got to be something different!
    PSN :- t1mbhoy
     
  16. {{909}}'s Avatar

    {{909}} said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    theyre both nuked for crashing at the same place, but I would imagine a game would get nuked if it didnt work off disk, even if it worked fine off HDD.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  17. wulliec's Avatar

    wulliec said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    Oh well. I'll wait. Thanks for the heads up.
    Still pisses me off that it work on one Wii and not another. Syscheck on mine and a mates shows exactly the same ios revisions. The only difference I can now see is the brand of USB HDD being used but I've lost the will to try it.
    PSN :- t1mbhoy
     
  18. Ganty's Avatar

    Ganty said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    The last thing I can suggest is trying a different manager to transfer the iso.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  19. wulliec's Avatar

    wulliec said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    The last thing I can suggest is trying a different manager to transfer the iso.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You just had to drag me back in for one more try.
    Freeze. Same place. I just can't sit through that smug techie git playing with his glasses after the tutorial any more. I refuse to try again!

    Nice manger though.
    PSN :- t1mbhoy
     
  20. renke_uk's Avatar

    renke_uk said:

    Default Re: Metroid : Other M

    The first iND release had the update partition removed, hence the WiiTARD "proper". That proper was a bad dump and was nuked as such "bad.dump_unplayable.freezes.at.samus.closeup" so now you have a "REAL PROPER"

    ... which hopefully wasn't dumped by an idiot

    For those of you burning this, don't forget it's dual-layer.
    a message on the nzb groups