Retro Game Name?

Thread: Retro Game Name?

Ashley said:

Help Retro Game Name?

Can anyone on DF help me?

I am trying recapture my youth by trying to find a game I used to have on the Amstrad CPC464, It was a game where you controlled a little space man and collected keys to progress to the next levels it was played using the cursor keys. I have absolutely no more details except I used to load it with a cassette and it made a lot of squeaky noises with coloured bars.

Sorry for the vague description I was very young at the time.

Mystical_2K said:

Default Re: Retro Game Name?

sounds like most games on CPC464 mate, you sure you cant remember anything else?
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Soulassassin said:

Sounds a bit like Lunar Jet Man on the good old speccy. Althought it was'nt keys you collected it was parts of the rocket and then fuel.

Ashley said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    sounds like most games on CPC464 mate, you sure you cant remember anything else?
    Quote Originally Posted by soulassassin View Post
    Sounds a bit like Lunar Jet Man on the good old speccy. Althought it was'nt keys you collected it was parts of the rocket and then fuel.
    Thanks for the replies guys. I can remember he had a a sort of rocket pack on, And the keys were different colours. It was definitely a Amstrad CPC 464 as it was my first computer.

billynoguts said:

manic miner? You collected keys on there thats all
    Last edited by billynoguts; 27th August 2010 at 07:05 PM.

marvyboy said:

might be able to find it here

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

if your willing to troll through the lists of games...

Ganty said:

It'll be one of these mate

Failing that, _belial will know!

russbeer said:

Ask SiE, he's the retro games boffin along with Belial.

Thalamus said:

Sounds like Jetpac on the speccy except you collect fuel not keys

AD said:

Sounds like

Nodes of Yesod is an Arcade Adventure seen from a side-scrolling perspective. Charlie can jump and, after finding it first, use a device called mole. After pressing up on on the joystick, Charlie stands still and the player gains control over the mole that can be used to attack enemies. However, not all enemies can be harmed by the mole. Another useful device is the burrowing chum that can be used to dig through certain walls. Before Charlie can reach the monolith, he has to explore the many caverns of the moon and find eight keys or alchiems. Every now and then a red spaceman will show up, and touching him will cause Charlie to loose one of his keys.

-=AD=-

Ashley said:

Thanks for the replies everyone, AD looks to have hit the nail on the head! All I need now is an emulator to play it on the iPhone. Cheers everyone