Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Turtle Beach X41's

I have a 6.1 setup at the minute, but I'm not able to use it late at night due to the noise levels keeping people awake etc.

I was looking at the Turtle Beach X41's as a late night substitute, as well as using them for blueray/dvd, ps3 and PC (all via optical).

However they are pretty expensive, so I was wondering if any DF members have a pair, have used a pair or could comment on how good they are and if they are worth the money when compared to a "normal" set of wireless headphones - which can be found a lot cheaper.

I have read all the comments / reviews around, but would trust DF input more than those as you don't know the people from adam.

I have a Sony set atm, but they are a few years old now, and only stereo.

Cheers guys.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Turtle Beach X41's

cant comment on the turtle beach headset mate but i can say a bit about 7.1 headsets.

i have the logitech g35 7.1 headset and they are superb, put some music on and flick from stereo to surround sound and the effect is just superb, the sound is no longer split into 2 channels and forced into your ears, it moves away and envelops you in an all round experiance.

gaming is just mint, you will hear where an enemy is and where they are coming from, racing games will allow you to hear what side an opponent is trying to overtake from.

i love the effects i get and i now hate my mp3 player as its just no longer the same.

Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean
    the same thing?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I have the x41's and i love them....
    I have a fairly decent 5.1 setup which comprises of Kef eggs and sub running through a onkyo amp which i rarely use since buying the turtlebeaches..
    A friend has just recently bought them after having a play on mine, the cheapest he could find them was Tesco direct £124.97

All i can say is you wont be dissapointed if you do decide to buy them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was looking at generic surround phones, but the added voice chat and wireless on the 41s would make me choose them. I don't think I could go back to wired phones after years with my wireless Sonys.

The Tesco Direct link is out of stock, but cheers for the info.

Best place I found them is Amazon, and if you sign up to LoveFilm for 1mth you can get a £20 Amazon voucher so might be worth going that route.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i use turtle beach ear force x1. dont think these can be bought anymore but are fantastic. think if you get a set of Tb then as said, you wont be dissappointed. they are good and make the gaming experience all the better.

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've got the X4's and they're great, especially with really atmospheric stuff like Alan Wake etc.
    Battery life is decent too, although an annoying feature is that when the batteries start to fail, the first thing to go is voice chat, and you don't know until you realise no one's answering you, as the blinking light is on the outside of the earpiece and you can't see it.
    Also, although the connection to your source is wireless (I think the 4i's are infra red?) the connection between controller and headset is wired.