Ive been scratching my head last few days as a few issues have arose with my box.
JTAG box has:
Update Blocker Installed to Motherboard
Freeboot Loaded Dash version 9199
I have had it for 3-4 months and it gets little use. I did have there 3 red lights error a couple of weeks ago and bought a xecuter kit (from neo of course ) and fitted it. This did not fix, but then I let it cook for a while (cpu overheat method as read online) and it has resolved.
So whats my probs:
1) I bought lips (for drunken nights in) and the mic will not sync to the console, no matter what I tried. With my old unbanned (with modded firmware) console works fine, but no joy with the jtag.
2) 250gb drive is almost full, and the last 3-4 games I have installed (iso to god) all seem to be stalling/freezing after a few short minuites of use. Old games still work fine.
3) When console was down, i took the hard drive off and put it on my old box to play a game. Since putting back on my jtag box my profile is coming up as corrupt. Is it screwed? It appears only way to fix is to go online and recover gamer tag - if only i new my password i would give this a shot with the old box, but i suspect dangorous as console could get banned whilst doing so.
4) I did put the hard drive back on the old console, copy the gamer tag to a usb stick, then tried to copy back on my jtag unit, but here lies another problem - USB stick not recognised, the console shows that i have inserted memory and starts scanning then gives up and only shows the MS hard drive attached.
This makes me think that buying an external usb drive for more games is going to be a waste of time.
5) lasly, its becoming a little intermittent when switching on, and a few power cycles ago I got a single red light in the bottom left corner. When console rebooted it has gone back to factory standard settings and i had to go through it all again.
Any thoughts, would be most welcome!