Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Beware the Gas and Electricity switch sites !

Hi All, just spent a couple of hours on Uswitch and Money Supermarket to see if we could switch to cheaper tarriffs. Interestingly when we actually checked the real usage against their prices we found that the savings estimated were completely wrong. More importantly even the highest saving suppliers would cost more than we are paying now.

Looking into this a bit deeper I found that the estimations of what we were being charged (by our current supplier) were completely inaccurate. This means that anyone who uses these sites will be given wrong information.

Now obviously these sites get a commission for referring customers, in my opinion this should be classed as miss-selling.

I would be interested to find out if anyone has actually saved money on their utility bills after taking the advice of these sites.
    What if the Hokey Cokey "IS" what it's all about?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Beware the Gas and Electricity switch sites !

Quote Originally Posted by pete252 View Post
    Hi All, just spent a couple of hours on Uswitch and Money Supermarket to see if we could switch to cheaper tarriffs. Interestingly when we actually checked the real usage against their prices we found that the savings estimated were completely wrong. More importantly even the highest saving suppliers would cost more than we are paying now.

Looking into this a bit deeper I found that the estimations of what we were being charged (by our current supplier) were completely inaccurate. This means that anyone who uses these sites will be given wrong information.

Now obviously these sites get a commission for referring customers, in my opinion this should be classed as miss-selling.

I would be interested to find out if anyone has actually saved money on their utility bills after taking the advice of these sites.
    I managed to save by switching before the large rate increses about 2 years ago but that was only because I went to a fixed tarrif before the prices went up....... Not checked recently but I don't doubt what your saying.
    PSN - ThirtyQuidKid

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lazaruseifer View Post
    I'm sick of the cunts who come around to try and get you to switch, one knocked at my mums the other day and I heard him come out with a big load of absolute spiel... Like, seriously some right old garbage... Apparently the get 50 quid per person they switch!

Cunts!
    I had similar with a couple of bints who came knocking about me switching phone provider.. I said I'm happy with what I got already but apparently, they could do better which I know was bollucks for the use I have with my mobile.

Anyway, I asked how much mish they were on which I'd end up paying for and one actually said 'well, it's our day off so it's no commission but it's such a great offer we thought we should let as many people know about it as we could!' It was a Saturday evening, pissing down with rain I recall. - They should join the Jehova's ffs.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lazaruseifer View Post
    I'm sick of the cunts who come around to try and get you to switch, one knocked at my mums the other day and I heard him come out with a big load of absolute spiel... Like, seriously some right old garbage... Apparently the get 50 quid per person they switch!

Cunts!
    Sounds a bit like the twat trying to sell Sky to my inlaws. According to him Sky sign up over a million people per week as these deals are so good. Erm right, so how many people are there in the UK and how many subscribers has Sky got..........

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hoponbaby View Post
    Sounds a bit like the twat trying to sell Sky to my inlaws. According to him Sky sign up over a million people per week as these deals are so good. Erm right, so how many people are there in the UK and how many subscribers has Sky got..........
    I had them at the door saying that, so I pointed out that in the 20 houses down one side in the street oposite there were 4 dishes, walked round the back and again 5 dishes for about 20 houses so pointed out that there were 25% of people round here with sky. Then asked how can they be signing up millions every week in 1 year they would have about 90% of the population signed up but then got her to take in to acount that 20% are under 16 so can't sign up.

I think they have about 8 million subscribers so thats 8 weeks work. so what the hell have they been doing since 1989.

The switch people always come knocking and yep full of BS all the time, I often entertain them for somthing to do during the day, feeding them wild numbers when it comes to our gas and electricity bills. I really like keeping them standing there when its raining never invite them in.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

When they come/ring asking if I wanna save money I just enthusiastically tell them I love wasting my money. They pretty quicly get the idea they're not gonna get far with me