Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

crazy WBA champion David Haye to stand in ring with Audley Harrison (£15 for this shite?)

WBA champion David Haye to fight Audley Harrison

Harrison, 38, and Haye, 29, were once close friends

David Haye will make the second defence of his WBA world heavyweight title against fellow Briton and 2000 Olympic gold medallist Audley Harrison.
    "I don't believe Audley deserves a chance but enough people want to see him finally destroyed, that is why this fight is happening," stated Haye.
    Harrison said: "I am ecstatic at getting a shot at the title. When I land my left hand on him he is done."
    The pair will meet at the MEN Arena in Manchester on 13 November.
    It will be the biggest all-British fight for a world heavyweight title since Lennox Lewis defended his WBC crown by stopping Frank Bruno in round seven of their 1993 contest in Cardiff.
    Haye, 29, won the WBA belt by beating giant Russian Nikolay Valuev on points in Germany on 7 November 2009.
    This is my destiny - on 13 November Audley Harrison will be champion of the world

Audley Harrsion

The former cruiserweight king, who has lost only once in 25 professional bouts, then defended his title by stopping American John Ruiz at the MEN Arena in April.
    "The fight will be a public execut1on," added Haye. "His resume is not as good as that of the last five people I have fought.
    "Everybody feels passionately that they want me to finally close the curtain on the joke that is the Audley Harrison show.
    "Audley has known me for years, he knows how devastating I am in the ring. He knows it first hand from sparring sessions. I'm no joke.
    "I'm the most devastating fighter on the planet. This is the time your career gets well and truly finished."
    Haye and Harrison are former friends and training partners, but the two men traded insults at a news conference to announce the fight on Tuesday morning.
    "He is a guy I groomed," added Harrison. "I have tasted his punches and power and he never hurt me in a training session.
    "This is my destiny - on 13 November Audley Harrison will be champion of the world and of that there is no doubt.
    "If David Haye thinks I've taken this fight strictly for a payday, he is in for a rude awakening."
    For 38-year-old Harrison, November's contest against Haye gives him the chance to fulfil his dream of winning a genuine world title.
    Harrison won super heavyweight gold at the Sydney Games and was tipped to become a world champion in the professional ranks.
    606: DEBATE
    How has Harrison, who boasts the conflicting nicknames 'A-Force' and 'Fraudley', earned his shot and does he deserve it?

BBC Sport's Nabil Hassan

But his career failed to take off in any meaningful way and looked to be over when he suffered a shock points loss to Belfast taxi driver Martin Rogan in December 2008.
    The 1998 Commonwealth Games champion reignited his career by winning Prizefighter last year and then scored a 12th-round knockout against Michael Sprott to win the EBU heavyweight title in April.
    Haye had hoped to meet either of the Klitschko brothers, who hold the other recognised world heavyweight titles, after beating Ruiz.
    Haye's manager, Adam Booth, held talks earlier this year with Vitali (WBC) and Wladimir (WBO and IBF) about a possible unification fight but these negotiations came to nothing.
    A contest between Haye and fellow Londoner Harrison, who were once close friends before a public war of words last year, will have box-office appeal in Britain, with the MEN Arena virtually guaranteed to sell out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8968472.stm

FFS....I hope Harrison is finally destroyed...get back to Ready Steady Cook!!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: WBA champion David Haye to fight Audley Harrison

Yeah looking forward to this as I can tape it and play it back when I can't get to sleep, probably end up Audley tripping up, knocking Haye out and winning.

Vitali Klitschko vs Samuel Peter this Saturday on Sky Sports 1 another rematch fight that shouldn't be happeneing

Thanks
    Karma Level

I could knock both of these chumps out.

Heavyweight is piss poor.

Anybody see the burns fight on saturday? Now that was a good old boxing match
    PS3 - FIFA 09 - DF CHAMPION!!!!
    PS3 - FIFA 10 - DF CHAMPION!!!!
    and now
    PS3 - FIFA 11 - DF CHAMPION!!!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'll show my arse on the town hall steps if haye doesn't knock harrison out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by matthewy2 View Post
    I could knock both of these chumps out.

Heavyweight is piss poor.

Anybody see the burns fight on saturday? Now that was a good old boxing match
    Not sure I agree with you on Haye the Jury is still out for me, saw the Burns fight it was a cracking result although I don't know what was wrong with Martinez he just seemed to run out of ideas and looked piss poor compared to previous fights I have seen him in although he was never a great champion as he could only ever fight the one way.

I live in hope one day Jim Watt will die and they will get a commentator that actually knows WTF they are talking about....

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Haye shit it and realised what he was getting into against the Klitschkos and takes this chump instead!!
    Frigging basketball and American football have ruined heavyweight boxing for the general interest of the USA. Haye is to quick and powerful for Harrison will be over in 4.
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    I live in hope one day Jim Watt will die and they will get a commentator that actually knows WTF they are talking about....
    HAHAHA

Burns arms where to long and martinez couldnt work a way through them.
    Cracking fight though.

Also ilscuro - haye is just as vulnerable as harrison. If harrison catches haye like he caught sprott he will proberbly never box again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW-F-D_dGYs

Haye has a good punch but thats it. Look at the fight he lost. He got outclassed by a nobody. Yes he did beat valuev but to be fair he cud read valuevs shots an hour before they hit.

Saying that i would love him to rule the heavyweight dev and get rid of them boring klitschko bros
    and now

Thanks
    Karma Level

Haye can fuck right off then.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by matthewy2 View Post
    HAHAHA

Burns arms where to long and martinez couldnt work a way through them.
    Cracking fight though.

Also ilscuro - haye is just as vulnerable as harrison. If harrison catches haye like he caught sprott he will proberbly never box again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW-F-D_dGYs

Haye has a good punch but thats it. Look at the fight he lost. He got outclassed by a nobody. Yes he did beat valuev but to be fair he cud read valuevs shots an hour before they hit.

Saying that i would love him to rule the heavyweight dev and get rid of them boring klitschko bros
    Again don't agree the fight Haye lost was early in his career and he had not learnt to judge his stamina and beat himself so his vulnerability has yet to be tested, there is no doubt he carries world class knock out power, his chin has yet to be tested and his ability does not end at a good punch he is mobile, hard to hit and can produce good combinations.

For me as I say the Jury is still out as he has yet to be tested fully with a top class fighter and I consider he will either be a great or blown away when he does step up but I don't think there is yet convincing evidence to judge either way.

Don't know why the Klitschko fights fell through but I doubt very much it was due to him not believing he could take either one of them as to be a champion you have to believe you are the best not just say it.

I can see why Audley is being slated but don't really see any reason Haye has given in either performance or attitude to warrant dismissing him.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't mind Haye, he talks the talk and so far it has worked for him.

He has not really been convincing since his step up to Heavyweight, but Audrey needs to retire... Haye should sort that out.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Haye is gonna knock his fuckin head off!
    He has improved a lot as a fighter since his loss (as said above), and to be honest I think it's the Klitschko's hiding from him, rather than the other way around.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Solis the Cuban beat Haye when both were amatuers and Haye has avoided him ever since.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odlanier_Sol%C3%ADs

I think he would beat Haye.

Thanks
    Karma Level

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhWh3tN5s4M

You need to watch the whole fight, 6 years ago a totally different fighter and as you can see inexperience he burnt himself out trying to finish him and had nothing left, as for ducking Solis read my previous reply about champions ducking fights.

You would think by reading my replies I am a big David Haye fan but I'm not I just can't see why he is getting so much stick before he has even had a chance to prove himself.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Televised boxing has gone right down the shitter, way too expensive and consisting almost entirely of mismatched tossers.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Haye will hammer him. Harrison was fucked against Sprott until that lucky shot.

I expect Haye to win 100% and hope he does as I still want him to world champ when I go to see him at a sportman evening in Feb in Manchester

Solis was a good while back, Haye's obviously improved and Solis is still fighting relative nomarks. The only person i've heard who he's fought is Monte barrett, and Haye fucking pasted him big time.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Solis beat Savon twice, to win the Cuban championships is sooo hard ( Savon won 4 gold medals) I won 10 $ in Havana the night Solishe beat him.
    Believe me he has a big heart.
    Haye would not beat him.
    But in reality the Heavyweight Championship is nothing now.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Bump for this!!

Can any links for the fight tomorrow night be placed here please great mates??

Near fight time obviously!!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhWh3tN5s4M

You need to watch the whole fight, 6 years ago a totally different fighter and as you can see inexperience he burnt himself out trying to finish him and had nothing left, as for ducking Solis read my previous reply about champions ducking fights.

You would think by reading my replies I am a big David Haye fan but I'm not I just can't see why he is getting so much stick before he has even had a chance to prove himself.

Just watched this and well haye basically knocked himself out.. he was fooked throwing punches.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hope Haye smashes Fraudleys face in and ends his sorry career.
    ©lubber Lang

CHAMP19NS

Thanks
    Karma Level

Realy looking forward to this fight night and i dont know why.

Haye should end it in the early rounds (3 or 4)

Harrison's only chance is to catch him with a clean shot.

Haye 3rd round with a right over the top
    and now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast