Close

Thread: Bag for 7d?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Bag for 7d?

I'm looking for a bag for my 7d (currently with the kit 15-85mm lens), but looking to add 100-400 and a flash.

I like the look of the Lowepro Slingshot 202AW, has anyone got one? Will the 7d be a good fit or do I need to to go for the bigger 302AW?

While I'm picking your brains, do you guys put a filter on your precious glass to protect it? Is a plain old skylight the preferred option?

Thanks,
    W.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Bag for 7d?

I have a Slingshot 200 here and I fucking hate it. My old man gave it me when he sold up but it goes on the wrong shoulder for me. I would try one in a shop before you buy. Crumplers are good, plenty of range. I have a few of them now and wouldn't buy anything else TBH.

As far as filters go many don't and many do. I do with most of mine but wouldn't put cheap filters on a lens I paid hundreds for so I tend to use B+W MRC UV or the Hoya Pro series ones. Have a look here for them as they are pretty cheap on there.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for the useful reply Bert. That's interesting about the slingshot.
    I haven't tried one on yet. My local Jessops has them cable tied to the wall!

I'm left handed (if that makes a difference) and would hope the shoulder strap goes over my right shoulder so I can swing the bag under my left armpit round to the front, is that how they work?

Thanks again,
    W.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The one I have is for lefties hence why I cannot get on with it. Ask the guys at the shop for a go with one.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have a SS200 and I like it, its plenty big enough for my A700 (med sized body), my 82mm sigma 24-70 and a large 70-300mm and room for another couple of average sized lenses, or a lens and a flash. It can be a little snug but its rare i take everything at one time and I think this sort of bag isn't really suited to the weight of that amount of kit if you are going to have it on your back for extended periods.

Same with 'root on the filters, i have a sigma branded one on my 24-70 but a cheap jessops one on my 70-300 and i often get ghosting when shooting gigs with bright spotlights etc, I really need to replace it.

Social Networking Bookmarks