Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    DF Jedi Keva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wetwang, Unite
    Posts
    2,528
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked:        1
    Karma Level
    372

    Default MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    I really want to buy a Macbook mainly for video editing, blogging and general internet stuffs. The only thing that's holding me back is that old and (some-what) outdated C2D processor. Ive read many reviews that claim the processor speed doesn't effect things much, but, I really want a small, macbook pro with a Core i5/i7, hell, even an i3 would be nice

    Any idea if these are going to be updated soon?

  2. #2
    DF PlaYa Mr 250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    863
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked:        150
    Karma Level
    215

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    If you want an i5 or i7 in 13" then sorry but wait

  3. #3
    DF Jedi beacytan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, UK.
    Posts
    1,726
    Thanks
    169
    Thanked:        16
    Karma Level
    337

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by L33ONP View Post
    If you want an i5 or i7 in 13" then sorry but wait
    apple fanboi

  4. #4
    DF PlaYa Mr 250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    863
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked:        150
    Karma Level
    215

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    Lol, wait till you see the Apple i've had tattooed on my chest

  5. #5
    DF PlaYa DannyV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    534
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked:        1
    Karma Level
    253

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    This is a good page for such questions: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    It lets you know how far through the product cycle things are and lists any rumours around refreshes etc.

  6. #6
    DF PlaYa gazza341's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    11WhitworthStW
    Posts
    744
    Thanks
    231
    Thanked:        105
    Karma Level
    287

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    i am also looking at getting the 13" macbook pro.
    the spec will always change, new models come and go.
    i am still going ahead and buying mine around november - don't forget VAT goes up to 20% jan 4th 2011
    original intel macbook black 2006, macbook air 2011, PS3, XBOX360, nintendo wii, 3ds, psp, iphone 5 32gb, itouch 16gb, Vu+duo, Samsung TAB2, various laptops Ubuntu

  7. #7
    DF Jedi Brydo666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    3,445
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked:        194
    Karma Level
    498

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    If you hold out for the latest model you'll always be waiting.

    If you need the i5 or i7 power, bear in mind the CPU's won't be quad cores as found on the iMac line.

    If you need a 13" MBP with a model i5/7 CPU then you might want to wait until around March when the next model is due.

  8. #8
    DF Wh0re FourRings's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ayr
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked:        0
    Karma Level
    180

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyV View Post
    This is a good page for such questions: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    It lets you know how far through the product cycle things are and lists any rumours around refreshes etc.
    When i saw this thread I thought of your linked page but for the life of me couldn't remember where I had seen it. Bookmarked now

  9. #9
    DF Jedi Keva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wetwang, Unite
    Posts
    2,528
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked:        1
    Karma Level
    372

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    Decided to buy one. Can't be arsed with waiting and I don't think it'll give much speed boost anyway..

    Edit: Bank needs to send me a new card so can't order it for a few days now... arghhh this is killing me
    Last edited by Keva; 15th September 2010 at 10:48 AM.

  10. #10
    DF Jedi TIN CAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,255
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked:        65
    Karma Level
    550

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    Good choice to go with it mate. I am typing on my new MBP now. It was a replacement under Applecare from an older white macbook... GET APPLECARE lol... even if its not direct!

  11. #11
    DF Jedi Keva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wetwang, Unite
    Posts
    2,528
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked:        1
    Karma Level
    372

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    You get like one year free don't you? Might buy it in month 11 as Applecare has got to be the best customer service... period.

  12. #12
    DF Jedi TIN CAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,255
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked:        65
    Karma Level
    550

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    Yep one year free so plenty of time to buy and lots of CHEAP prices on ebay if you trust them...... worth a look though and definitely getting it again for my MBP...
    Last edited by TIN CAN; 18th September 2010 at 06:37 PM.

  13. #13
    DF PiMP spraky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    268
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked:        29
    Karma Level
    263

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keva View Post
    Might buy it in month 11 as Applecare has got to be the best customer service... period.
    When you buy it, makes no difference to the warranty period m8.
    Applecare just extends your initial 1 year warranty to 3 years.

  14. #14
    DF Jedi Keva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wetwang, Unite
    Posts
    2,528
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked:        1
    Karma Level
    372

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    Got my replacement card thought today and ordered it from Amazon £901.26 including delivery :o Atleast its cheaper then from Apple direct

    Still annoyed that its only C2D though :/ Maybe I can overclock the CPU to... near on 3GHz?

    I'm going to be using it for Blogging, photoshop work and a bit of video editing (among other things) so it should cope.

    Can't wait!

  15. #15
    DF Wh0re FourRings's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ayr
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked:        0
    Karma Level
    180

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    I bought my 13" MBP about a month before they doubled the RAM but it still performs well with most photoshop work. Never tried any video editing on it but i'm sure it wouldn't be that much of a problem.

    The only time i ever find mine slowing down is if i wake it from sleep and try to run the dashboard thing too fast. It can take 5 seconds to populate all the widgets but like i said, it's the only time i notice any slowness.

    Hope it works out for you mate, best bit of kit i've ever bought.

  16. #16
    DF VIP Member
    kracken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Eutelsat W3 7E
    Posts
    6,794
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked:        81
    Karma Level
    1187

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    get the 15inch i7

  17. #17
    DF Jedi Keva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wetwang, Unite
    Posts
    2,528
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked:        1
    Karma Level
    372

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by kracken View Post
    get the 15inch i7
    I would of, if I had unlimited funds

    Excited for it turning up but Amazon have provided me with a naff tracking number. It's for an item that isn't even relevent to me and it was delivered back in Feb

    And it's being delivered by bloody City Link

  18. #18
    DF PlaYa gazza341's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    11WhitworthStW
    Posts
    744
    Thanks
    231
    Thanked:        105
    Karma Level
    287

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keva View Post
    ordered it from Amazon £901.26 including delivery :o Atleast its cheaper then from Apple direct
    thanks for that keva - it even beat the so called corporate discount scheme that my employer has
    original intel macbook black 2006, macbook air 2011, PS3, XBOX360, nintendo wii, 3ds, psp, iphone 5 32gb, itouch 16gb, Vu+duo, Samsung TAB2, various laptops Ubuntu

  19. #19
    DF Jedi Keva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wetwang, Unite
    Posts
    2,528
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked:        1
    Karma Level
    372

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    Recieved it this morning and typing on it now First impressions are that it's everything I hoped for. It's sleek, sexy and suprisingly, very powerful

    I still have to get used to the O/S as im still trying to do Windows commands instead of gestures on the trackpad. But it was definatly worth it imo.

  20. #20
    DF VIP Member
    B B Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Belfast, UK
    Posts
    19,239
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked:        378
    Karma Level
    2068

    Default Re: MacBook Pro 13inch - Now or wait?

    gestures on the track pad r brill when u get used to them m8
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     Big-Bad-Leo 


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [NEW] wait for it....
    By Zippeyrude in forum Funny/Strange Video Clips
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2nd November 2011, 10:50 AM
  2. 13inch MacBook Pro or gaming laptop?
    By Keva in forum PC Hardware
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 9th August 2009, 07:26 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th March 2008, 10:44 PM

Social Networking Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •