Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default CCTV captures spooky apparition in Cumbria pub that used to be funeral parlour.

When a Cumbrian landlord was spooling though his CCTV footage, a chill went down his spine and he turned white, as though he had seen a ghost.

Well, Andrew Batemen, believes he had, indeed, seen a ghost. These spooky images and video taken from the CCTV of the pub, which used to be a funeral parlour, allow you to make up your own mind.
    In a bizarre 35-second sequence, recorded in the middle of the night at The Wolfe Pub, Penrith, a Casper-the-Ghost-like ball of light is seen descending through the ceiling.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Its outline pulsates as it moves around and at one point part of the shape appears to reach out and quickly move across a table as though polishing it.
    The ghostly image then appears to assume the likeness of a face before disappearing through the ceiling.
    Having seen the footage Mr Batemen spoke to next door travel agents Thomas Cook and, after scouring their own CCTV videos, found similar spooky happenings.

The Thomas Cook footage, which was shot exactly a week later, shows a computer mouse move of its own accord across a desk.
    The office is then bathed in a soft light as the computer monitor switches on. Moments later a large sign falls from the shop's front window.

Staff at the travel agent have said the building was once used as a funeral parlour.
    Mr Batemen, who has run the pub for 17 years and revealed that his Patterdale terrier dog Dudley becomes fearful whenever it enters the pub, said: 'I was with a friend and we were looking at the footage from Tuesday, September 1.

'At 18 minutes past midnight the pub was in darkness.
    'I was about to turn it off when my mate spotted something strange - on the screen a glowing shape came down from the ceiling into the lounge and floated around the room.

'At one point, it looked as though it were polishing tables - it seemed to pulse and then boom - it then shot off upwards through the wall and ceiling.'
    He added: 'I don't believe in ghosts but this has really freaked me out. I've looked at a still of this thing as it shoots off and I'm sure that I can see a face.
    'What's really strange is that something similar was going on next door. Our lounge area used to be part of next door, which I've been told was once an undertakers.

'They showed me their footage when I went in to tell them about the CCTV.
    'There is nobody near the computer but it just comes on and the whole room starts to glow.

'Then it gets brighter and brighter and a big sign falls out of the front window. It's strange.'

Weird!

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: CCTV captures spooky apparition in Cumbria pub that used to be funeral parlour.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: CCTV captures spooky apparition in Cumbria pub that used to be funeral parlour.

Looks suspiciously like an insect on the CCTV camera to me :S

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Ahahaha that is obviously a fly or similar insect like BBK said. Slow day for proper news methinks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

For sure i get spiders and flys on my cctv all the time at night and can look odd.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Looks like a moth to me!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday — what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Looks like yet another landlord of a pub trying to boost his trade.. not that any ghosts would be up for paying

Thanks
    Karma Level

looks like a ghost to me.

What a load of shit. it's a spider ffs.
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks
    Karma Level

well cant put in my two cents,video no longer available.

Thanks
    Karma Level

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to video on the original newspaper article