Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sky sports open day Sunday 26th September

Bugger must have done something wrong all my sky sports channels say pleased ring this number to view.... Sky sports news is working though.... I'm a happy camper..

Really miss sky sports news....

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof View Post
    Bugger must have done something wrong all my sky sports channels say pleased ring this number to view.... Sky sports news is working though.... I'm a happy camper..

Its 19th September today m8!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL heading reads: Sky sports open day Sunday 26th September

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof View Post

I’m alive and kicking yeh baby.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm on the basic package because I simply can't justify the expense of a full package for stuff I can't watch because I'm at work struggling to earn the cash to pay for it, or else trying to free up space on the Sky+ to record new stuff I want to watch.

We're not too far away from it being £100 a month for the top package (including the £12+ a month for a TV license) which is fooking ridicuous IMHO.

We're being forced onto "Digital" telly with limited providers that are all intent on screwing as much cash as possible from their customer base. I don't live in a cable area, I can't get a decent analogue signal so my only options are Sky or Freesat - and having had Freesat for a while now the only reason I don't can the Sky subs is cos the wife gets so much use from sky+ recording stuff she wants to watch when she's finished working.

Reduce the basic prices and folks will have more cash for value added services/extras - simple!!!!!

I'm sick to fooking death of dole-waller neighbours/scroats inthe pub bragging about getting top packages almost permanently for the same price as I pay for the basics - and when I ring up and ask about deals get told there are none uless I take their phone/broadband/whatever service as well.

I like my unlimited no hassle as fast as I'll ever get at 10 miles from from the exhange broadband, I like the deal we currently get from BT for the phone - so fook off poaching other services and just concentrate on providing decent quality TV that's not encrypted and compressed to a point it's worse quality than analogue telly.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thats the best bit of bollox I've heared here on DF in all the years I've been a member and thats well before what my info states.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but it boils down to the fact that everyone wants the full package but for fuck all or they dont want to pay for it or next door got it for free, with a tin of beans of free with this weeks Tesco shoping.

If you cant afford a top of the range car dont buy it get a cheaper mini instead.

Sky like every company in every country supply a service at a price and 10 million customers are happy as it is. They provide quality programing, put in millions and millions into it and a small percentage complain.

Lifes great and Im aware of the countries problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernbloke View Post
    I'm on the basic package because I simply can't justify the expense of a full package for stuff I can't watch because I'm at work struggling to earn the cash to pay for it, or else trying to free up space on the Sky+ to record new stuff I want to watch.

We're not too far away from it being £100 a month for the top package (including the £12+ a month for a TV license) which is fooking ridicuous IMHO.

We're being forced onto "Digital" telly with limited providers that are all intent on screwing as much cash as possible from their customer base. I don't live in a cable area, I can't get a decent analogue signal so my only options are Sky or Freesat - and having had Freesat for a while now the only reason I don't can the Sky subs is cos the wife gets so much use from sky+ recording stuff she wants to watch when she's finished working.

Reduce the basic prices and folks will have more cash for value added services/extras - simple!!!!!

I'm sick to fooking death of dole-waller neighbours/scroats inthe pub bragging about getting top packages almost permanently for the same price as I pay for the basics - and when I ring up and ask about deals get told there are none uless I take their phone/broadband/whatever service as well.

I like my unlimited no hassle as fast as I'll ever get at 10 miles from from the exhange broadband, I like the deal we currently get from BT for the phone - so fook off poaching other services and just concentrate on providing decent quality TV that's not encrypted and compressed to a point it's worse quality than analogue telly.

Thanks
    Karma Level

As I am new to DF it seems a shame to disagree, but I think that a large proportion of the 10 million customers far from being happy with sky the way it is, actually subscribe because it is their only option to view their favourite sport.
    We are all aware of where some premiership footballers spend "some of the millions" !!
    To have to subscribe to watch endless adverts is taking the p***, especially when James M openly boasts that "their primary objective is to make money"

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by crabber View Post
    As I am new to DF it seems a shame to disagree, but I think that a large proportion of the 10 million customers far from being happy with sky the way it is, actually subscribe because it is their only option to view their favourite sport.
    We are all aware of where some premiership footballers spend "some of the millions" !!
    To have to subscribe to watch endless adverts is taking the p***, especially when James M openly boasts that "their primary objective is to make money"
    Exactly !

When I used to live in Germany and had Premiere there were no adverts at all !

Murdoch likes to have his cake and eat it.

His biggest recent contradiction has been slagging the pope and the Catholic church in his Newspaper empire, but having constant fucking coverage of the Pope's UK visit move running nonstop on Sky news all fucking week.

It is no coincidence that you now have Sky Germany(took over from Premiere) and Sky Italia. The cunt should have been crucified by the monopolies commision long ago.

But with that other corrupt cunt Berlusconi onboard they have a lot of law enforcement/politicians in their pockets without even mentioning the word Mafia.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

@realist - exactly what bits of my post are bollox? I stand by everything I posted and you so kindly reposted in it's entirety

I can afford the top package - I choose not to have it or anything close to it because their packages don't really meet my needs I'd rather spend my cash on other things - my point was that at close on £100 a month it's a heck of a chunk out of any household budget for a service that isn't good value for money but that sky get away with charging because they have virtually killed off most of the competition.

I'm not going to take their other services because I get better service from my existing broadband and phone provider - I don't want another multiroom contract because it only gets used when the in-laws visit. I don't want a movie package because I'd rather buy the dvd or blueray and watch it in the quality it should be shown at. I'd like the sports package but begrudge paying such a lot of cash when the majority of the programs on the sports channels are of no interest to me - I'd much rather all the sports channels in particular were Pay Per View - I have no issue with paying a fair price for what I watch but I'm not willing to pay over the odds for it.

I've been with Sky since sky digital launched and have only had one offer of a half price 6 month spell for the movies in that time which was when we paid £199 to upgrade to a 160Gb sky+ box - I tried to get a HD box last year when it was £249 for the box and was told it would be a refurb unit and take up to 12 weeks to arrive - and nothing else was available offer wise unless we switched our phone and broadband to sky needless to say I didn't take it

Thanks
    Karma Level

As stated before, I'm one of these 10 million customers and I'm not happy with it. In what way do you work for Sky Realist? I'm guessing its not in a customer service capacity? (probably coz you'd live in Bombay if you did ) If you are an installer, then yeah, you probably do see people happy at the prospect of getting a new toy like HD, or all the extra channels, but the novelty wears off by the time your first or second bill arrives.

I, like many people, take Skys bullshit and greed because I have no other choice than Freeview. Virgin Media haven't seen fit to grace my area as yet, but as soon as they do you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be moving over.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by russbeer View Post
    I, like many people, take Skys bullshit and greed because I have no other choice than Freeview. Virgin Media haven't seen fit to grace my area as yet, but as soon as they do you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be moving over.
    I'm in the other camp, as soon as my contract's up with virgin media I think I'll be switching to sky, with poor customer services and persistent problems with T.V & Phone Line being the main reason,

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi
    I believe past governments have done the dirty deal with the devil to give him what amounts to a monopoly in return for the devils newpapers and media supporting their bid for government. In the past I have subscribed to sly under one deal or another promising mt favourate sport or whatever at the time - tie me into a 12 month contract then move the desired events future events over to pay per view. This man has the ability to manipulate the market unlike in many other countries where this is illegal and competition exists in order that free market economy keeps prices down.
    "free box and fitting " lolol my arse - then you pay about £600 to use it lol the sooner people realise Sky is not the only provider any more than Hoover is not the only vacuum the better.
    LS

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

2 sides to every coin and I can only speak for one side.

Sky is a business and a business is there to make money and if Sky was not making money and the programing was crap the customers would soon complain but they dont and the bigest complain I hear is the cost.

As I've said before if peeps cant afford a rolls then buy a mini its cheaper.

Regards

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its the country we live in. The British DON'T complain. As a nation we are crap at complaining.I would suggest (only a suggestion, of course) that, if asked, most of Sky's subscribers would say that they aren't happy with the cost of sports and movies. BUT there is no other viable option - Virgin are a waste of everyone's time and money.
    If asked i would suggest (again, just a suggestion) that 90%+ of British arent happy with the price of petrol but we buy it, and dont complain to Esso, Shell or Texaco because there is no other viable option. All the major player's price's are the same (ish) but we dont complain as we are a nation who just dont complain - other than on forums and to our friends, of course

I am one of those people! I have Sky (without sport or movies) and I have a car which requires petrol.
    Its all too damn expensive but I pay and dont complain - only to friends and on forums - more fool me

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    2 sides to every coin and I can only speak for one side.

Sky is a business and a business is there to make money and if Sky was not making money and the programing was crap the customers would soon complain but they dont and the bigest complain I hear is the cost.

Regards
    Pertinent question....as a Sky employee is your subscription free or subsidised?

I doubt you pay full whack!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    and as we've said a few times, its not that we can't afford it, its that we don't think its good value!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm with Sky for everything, and I love it, and feel it offers fantastic value for money.

I had one problem a few months back regarding my broadband connection, sent an e-mail to customer services, and 2 hours later it was sorted.

I pay around £50 a month, which includes phone line rental, free calls, 20Mb broadband and all the sky channels I want. My mobile phone contract is only £15 a month cheaper. Not bad if you ask me.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    I'm with Sky for everything, and I love it, and feel it offers fantastic value for money.

I had one problem a few months back regarding my broadband connection, sent an e-mail to customer services, and 2 hours later it was sorted.

I pay around £50 a month, which includes phone line rental, free calls, 20Mb broadband and all the sky channels I want. My mobile phone contract is only £15 a month cheaper. Not bad if you ask me.
    You fancy breaking that down?

Is there any offers in that? I assume theres no movies, sports, multiroom or HD in that?
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb View Post
    You fancy breaking that down?

Is there any offers in that? I assume theres no movies, sports, multiroom or HD in that?
    Sky Movies is the biggest waste of time in history of TV programming if you ask me. I very seldom watch sport, but if there's a game I fancy a stream is normally available. No need for multiroom or HD. Anything that might be on a channel I don't have (everything except movies and sport) I can download using there great broadband (which really is great).

So, for my £50 notes I get

• Every channel other than Movies and Premium Sport
    • Telephone Line Rental
    • Free evening and weekend Calls, and very cheap calls at other time (with caller ID)
    • Uncapped, unrestricted 20Mb broadband which runs at full whack 24 hours a day

If I were to go with another leading ISP, say Be for example, I'd be paying £20 for a similar package, and then a further £12 to BT for line rental. So for the extra £18 to get free calls and a shit load of telly, I'm not grumbling.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Of course its good value, its just people always want it cheaper and when other get better deals they start complaining.

If Sky dropped the prices then cant afford to support the current football, rugby or any other sports and drop them you'll then start to complain again.

Its good value for what we get and comparing it with Virmin Sky are way cheaper, better and lot better quality.

Although I work for Sky does not come into it and if I was paying it still would be good value and I've been a Sky customer since they started.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by russbeer View Post
    and as we've said a few times, its not that we can't afford it, its that we don't think its good value!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    Sky Movies is the biggest waste of time in history of TV programming if you ask me. I very seldom watch sport, but if there's a game I fancy a stream is normally available. No need for multiroom or HD. Anything that might be on a channel I don't have (everything except movies and sport) I can download using there great broadband (which really is great).

So, for my £50 notes I get

• Every channel other than Movies and Premium Sport
    • Telephone Line Rental
    • Free evening and weekend Calls, and very cheap calls at other time (with caller ID)
    • Uncapped, unrestricted 20Mb broadband which runs at full whack 24 hours a day

If I were to go with another leading ISP, say Be for example, I'd be paying £20 for a similar package, and then a further £12 to BT for line rental. So for the extra £18 to get free calls and a shit load of telly, I'm not grumbling.
    Yeah thats what I expected...

I have Sport (no Movies for obvs reasons) and everything that you have.

I also have HD and 2 x mutiroom subs.....£90ish/ month.
    Karl Pilkington

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast