Close

Thread: Spam?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Spam?

Anybody come across this before?

Just received an email from MWW.com, informing me that someone in China is trying to register part of my company name as an internet keyword.

They are then asking wether they are part of my IT Dept, and do I want to register the keyword.

Apparently they are obligated to inform me of this???

Should this be ignored as some kind of of spam / attempt to get me to register.

Or could there be an issue?

Although I do a fair bit of sourcing in China I dont feel I need to be bothered by this, just wondering if anybody else has had the same, or any thoughts on it.

TIA
    "Friendly fire will not be tolerated"

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Spam?

might be best to avoid, had a quick search and found this (if its the same company)

Another Who's Who Scam

Today I received another solicitation to be included in a Who's Who volume. This time it was Madison Who's Who. As I have said before, this is nothing more than a solicitation of money in exchange to print your name somewhere. No prestige, no personal assessment of your achievement, is involved. Note the generic "Dear Candidate" at the beginning of this first (and apparently, indeed hopefully, final) invitation to register.

If you get an e-mail like the one below, delete it...

Dear Candidate,

This is a final invitation to register, please respond at your earliest convenience. If you have already registered, thank you. You were recently appointed as a biographical candidate to represent your industry in the Who's Who Among Executives and Professionals, and for inclusion into the upcoming 2008-2009 "Honors Edition" of the registry.

We are pleased to inform you that on May 29th, your candidacy was approved. Your confirmation for inclusion will be effective within five business days, pending our receipt of the enclosed application.

The Office of the Managing Director appoints individuals based on a candidate's current position, and usually with information obtained from researched executive and professional listings. The director thinks you may make an interesting biographical subject, as individual achievement is what Who's Who is all about. Upon final confirmation you will be listed among thousands of accomplished individuals in the Who's Who Registry. There is no cost to be included.

We do require additional information to complete the selection process and kindly ask that you access this form on our website by Clicking Here

Sincerely,

Matthew Johnson
    Managing Director
    Link:
    http://exploringourmatrix.blogspot.c...-who-scam.html
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Spam?

sounds like a bag of shytt to me mate