Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default CBS has given full-season orders to all five of its new fall series

CBS has given full-season orders to all five of its new fall series, marking a rare instance of a network picking up its entire freshmen class.

"Hawaii Five-0," "Blue Bloods," "Mike & Molly," "The Defenders" and "$#*! My Dad Says" all got the good news Thursday (Oct. 21). And considering they're the five most-watched new shows of the season, the pickups aren't that big a surprise.

"Everything has clicked so far this year -- from development in January, to scheduling in May, to production over the summer, to marketing and publicity in the fall," CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler says. "It's all testimony to the executives in our halls who remain restless for more success and the amazing creative talent on our sets who continue to deliver the goods."

"Hawaii Five-0" is the top-rated new series of the year, averaging 14.15 million viewers and a 4.1 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic (including live-plus-7 ratings »
    Good i'm really liking Hawaii Five-0,Blue Bloods, and The Defenders

NBC has given a full-season pickup to rookie action drama Chase. Additionally, the net has ordered four more Undercovers scripts.
    Oh, and the Chuck back-nine news I reported yesterday? It’s now official, only I’m told it’s actually a back eleven! That’s right, Chuck‘s fourth season will be 24 episodes long!
    Season to date, Chase is averaging 6.5 million viewers and a 2.0 in the 18-49 demo. While those numbers are hardly spectacular, it’s an 18 percent improvement over what The Jay Leno Show was doing in the Monday-at-10 time slot last year. Undercovers, meanwhile, continues to struggle on Wednesdays at 8. NBC, however, is happy with the show creatively—as well it should be. Also "The Event," "Law & Order: Los Angeles" and "Outsourced" all got their back-nine orders on Monday afternoon (Oct. 18). None of the three has performed exceptionally well in the ratings, but the network hopes they can become stable building blocks for the future.
    Also like Chase, undercovers is ok and chuck is one of the best shows around
    Last edited by steve10574; 22nd October 2010 at 05:36 AM.