Close

Thread: Gone To Turkey

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

gossip Gone To Turkey

We finally got here. This is the 2nd full day and it`s simply a fantastic complex we are in. When i say finally LOL

Setting off:
    Well we got to Manchester in good time. Only to find out that i had googled the wrong fecking car park stop. The rather attractive girl behind the turnstill was reluctant to give us the place we were going to, so my partner gave her sum chat (doing the damzel in distress mode) and she gave us the co-ordinates.

Parking:
    Well by the time we got to where we will be parking we only 2 hours from take off and the muppets in the car lot were fecking incompetent. we were sitting around with about 10 other cars waiting for coaches to take us to the airport. I told this driver that we were taking off in 1 hour and we needed to go NOW. The wifey gave him a sad distressed look and he took us there.

Airport:
    By the time we got there and checked in we had just 20 minutes to get to the terminal waiting area .We managed to get a sandwich to eat as we were now starving. We set off at 2 am and it was now nearly 7.

Flight:
    The aircraft was a Boeng 767 and had onboard games/TV/Movies to watch, this made the trip not boring at all and my and the partner played "who wants to be a millionaire and poker on the flight. Might get sum headphones next time going back to watch the movies and music.

Arrival:
    Bodrum Airport was busy as always and HOT. 200 or so British tourists walking aimlously outside in the blazing heat looking for their transfers. I found my taxi and waiting under a tree whilst he found the others. I then rang my travel agents back in England as i forgot to tell em, this was so they could sort out our keys and welcome package. The girl said she would ring me back. during the coach trip to our appartment . The phone rang and the op said "where are you now". It turns out that the company was trying to get in touch with us to tell us that the complex we were going too had shut down. All the guests had gone to another apartment complex and that we had been upgraded.

Appartments: Aegean Park
    This complex is the dogs danglies. This is day 2 and it is be the best hotel i have stayed in or seen in Altinkum. The rooms are cleaned to a state i have not seen here or even abroad. the pool is cleaned every day and as always the waiters/staff are polite and are happy to talk.

I will add more to this as the days go by. If you fancy a break here the double rooms are £35 a night. So if 4 of you go well thats errr 4 divided by. ERRR youdoo the sums LOL

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Gone To Turkey

Will you fuck off...get pissed...shag your bird and get burnt!!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sound good mate was in Bodrum/Altinkum a few weeks back (Have been to Turkey about 15 times) . Have you got a link to the Apartments you are staying at ? I can't find them on Trip Advisor.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I loved Altinkum when i went, enjoy mate

Thanks
    Karma Level

going to Marmaris in about a weeks time, staying at the Aegean Princess, anyone been there?

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by chesser View Post

That`s the place. Loving every minute of it. We will come here again and use up some airmiles

The hotel is owned by 20 British People who have their own apartments here. and they rent out the others to Uk people.

We went for a Turkish bath Tuesday. Sally Loved it after she saw the pretty petite turkish girl going to do her. I had a rather hairy biker type of guy so i closed my eyes and thought of England. Only to my surprise when i opened them and he had a beaming cheshire cat smile on his face. This was our first time and we would reccomend that you all get one on the first day as it clenses your skin for the holiday and gives the sun a baseline to start on.
    Last edited by Mickey; 23rd September 2010 at 08:49 AM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just seen this thread.

Im off with the misses to Turkey as well, flying from Cardiff and going to the Grand Pasa Hotel in Marmaris.

Here and Here

Anyone been here and how was your hols after Mickey?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

There seem to be a great deal of cheap apartments for sale in Altinkum.Could it be worth a punt before they are in the euro??
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    Just seen this thread.

Im off with the misses to Turkey as well, flying from Cardiff and going to the Grand Pasa Hotel in Marmaris.

Here and Here

Anyone been here and how was your hols after Mickey?
    Marmaris is a great town, I went with the family this Aug and have booked to return there next year same hotel etc.

Both water parks are a blast book with one of the guys on the street u get picked up dropped off etc decent prices too.

markets are fun if you can ignore the "in your face" sales tactics but some of the comments they make are funny as hell, if you dont want owt just say a firm NO and walk on. haggle the hell out of them if you dont want to pay that price and walk away they will run after you and give you a better deal

scuba diving is a must but take drinks with you as they charge a fucking fortune on the boat.

lazy day boat ride is fun turtle beech etc dont expect to see turtles though they only come a week out of the year to lay eggs.

The transfer back to the airport you norm stop off for a 5 min break place is nice seemed to be in the middle of nowhere when we came back 2am.

airport on the way back will have your pants down for a bottle of coke etc so try drink as much as you can before passing security.

Really love turkey ferking hot weather (150+ in Aug we was there for a few days) but the flight times and transfers are a bit shit.
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by satzzz View Post
    There seem to be a great deal of cheap apartments for sale in Altinkum.Could it be worth a punt before they are in the euro??
    One of the penthouses is going up for sale for £55k. that gets you a 2 floor apartment with 3 double rooms all mods cons (sky TV washer/dryer, drinking water from taps and of course a propper toilet you can flush).
    seriously thinking about it myself

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    One of the penthouses is going up for sale for £55k. that gets you a 2 floor apartment with 3 double rooms all mods cons (sky TV washer/dryer, drinking water from taps and of course a propper toilet you can flush).
    seriously thinking about it myself
    You got a link for that one Mickey??
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....