Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Tumble dryer has died.

Quote Originally Posted by crashtestmac View Post
    Is it worth bothering, is a thermostat not going to cost a bit...? Then it might not be that...!
    Ours cost £35 fitted when it failed.
    I have since dismantled our dryer to replace the rear bearing and the front bearing pads and it really is a peice of piss. I bet you could get the parts for no more than 20 quid and do it yourself.
    Ooh, ooh, ooh, the funky gibbon.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

RIP tumble drier

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    A newer machine will probably be A (or AA) rated surely? Think of the money over the next 10 years you will save!
    When I was selling them A rated dryers took about 3 hours to dry the clothes. Maybe things have improved though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lol replace the thermostat which 1? they have 3 this machine is a vented one? going by can get my end up the tube, resetable 1 red button on the back, 1 auto reset hidden behind the heater plate blue wires and one in the exhaust 49 degree auto reset this is the sensor part, might be just the case that the fan blades have picked up to much fluff poor air flow, but this come with heavy vibration and fan failure. But only speculating this is a full size tumble dryer from crosslee and not the 3kg version. Not that there any different in how they work. Hey might be barking up the wrong tree was assuming that the heat had failed not the rotation witch would be a cap failing and motor over heat came to play. Or and lastly might be just expansion of the door and the striker not engaging the door switch properly.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tempralflux View Post
    Lol replace the thermostat which 1? they have 3 this machine is a vented one? going by can get my end up the tube, resetable 1 red button on the back, 1 auto reset hidden behind the heater plate blue wires and one in the exhaust 49 degree auto reset this is the sensor part, might be just the case that the fan blades have picked up to much fluff poor air flow, but this come with heavy vibration and fan failure. But only speculating this is a full size tumble dryer from crosslee and not the 3kg version. Not that there any different in how they work. Hey might be barking up the wrong tree was assuming that the heat had failed not the rotation witch would be a cap failing and motor over heat came to play. Or and lastly might be just expansion of the door and the striker not engaging the door switch properly.
    eeerrrrrrr.... WOW...!

It is the big one not the 3kg,

There is a red reset button on the back which i have pressed with it switched on, switched off and while it was doing stuff but that made no difference.

The door is fine from what i can tell but the wife thinks that it has got a bit louder recently, it still turns and it still starts to get hot, it does about 10 revolutions one way then stops, when it would normally start to rotate the otherway.

Any more ideas o wise one.....?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had the same problem with ours, also a White Knight, I was going to fix it but it had been making a bit more noise so stripped it to have a look and the bearing was totally screwed. For the £100 cost of the equivilent it's not worth the hassle

Thanks
    Karma Level

Reversable. If it goes only 1 way and pauses for the anti crease then possible wire broken which would be either a thin yellow or brown (most common colours) that go down to the capacitor (found on the motor) from the timer, never seen this myself but worth a look, would say if all wires are intact and theres is continuity i would go for the timer. You may be able to verify this from simply by giving the timer knob a wiggle when it pauses not the most accurate diagnosis but if cams and cogs are worn my make contact and start turning, can`t give a price off top of my head for the part as they fit more than 1 type of timer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12